Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic Rangers just got a little spicy

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Celtic are horrible, Lennon is a scum, wasnt it the Chairman of Celtic that caused the refs strike?

Back when he was a prem player Lennon was someone I paid little attention to. I didn't hate him, didn't like him. Since taking over at Celtic he is one of the people I should have named in my most annoying 11 on that thread a while back. And especially last night. He seemed to start the aggro with Diouf just after the first red, then looked to wind McCoist up at full time (he leans in and says something that sets ally off), and just in general his vistim of injustice attitude, and ref comments all the time.

I agree there is plenty of atmosphere at the Celtic- Rangers games, but the football is just DISMAL. It really is monkey tennis.

Every game is the same:

-Kick off
-Demented, primal ROAR from the crowd
-Defender HOOFS the ball forward
-CRUNCHING late tackle
-whistle blows
-punch up
-game restarts
-repeat ad infinitum for 90 minutes, with occasional breaks for red cards.

:clap2: :clap2: Brilliant viewing

I agree!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just watched the highlights, and from a totally unbiased point of view, my assesment is that:

The Korean lad for Celtic looks decent.
Rangers were massively ill-disciplined.
Diouff being added to the auld firm mix is fuel to the fire x 10.
Lennon seems an absolute gobshite.
The scottish refs' sponsorship by SpecSavers is quite amusing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Unfortunately like Batman needs his villans, so Celtic need Rangers and vice versa.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Just watched the highlights, and from a totally unbiased point of view, my assesment is that:

The Korean lad for Celtic looks decent.
Rangers were massively ill-disciplined.
Diouff being added to the auld firm mix is fuel to the fire x 10.
Lennon seems an absolute gobshite.
The scottish refs' sponsorship by SpecSavers is quite amusing.

I watched the whole game last night and can agree with all of the above.
Ally McCoist is normally quite a jovial character so i would love to know what was said by Lennon to get him so irate.
Also Kyle Bartley was restraining Diouff as they were going down the tunnell at half time, Johan Mjallby said something that led to Bartley leaving Diouff and having a go at Mjallby himself. Seems the whole Celtic team and bench were at it last night and i suppose they will say they were right as they won, but surely there is no need for those tactics.

Its a shame because on the pitch they completely outplayed Rangers from start to finish.

Thats me not getting dinner tonight then, for that last line :lol:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Ive got Irish and Scottish family who have supported Celtic all they're lives. If someone can tell me why people hate Celtic so much i'd love to know as I honestly don't know and the reason I like Celtic is through family.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Celtic v. Rangers yesterday...

cripplefight.jpg

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Bigoted Fucktards in Green 1 - Bigoted Fucktards in Blue 0. Wankers all.

Is footballing rivalry in general bigoted?

Why is it ok for Albion to hate Palace and make comments about South London, or the stuff that flies between Arsenal and Spurs, or any other big rivalry around the world, but when Celtic & Rangers dislike each other it becomes "bigotry"? The beauty of football is the identity of the clubs that play it, each unique. Just because as Brighton fans we support a team/town with a "weaker" identity than that of Celtic/Rangers, doesn't make them automatically "bigots". People get all high and mighty, repeating shit about the Old Firm that I'm not sure they even understand. I never hear the same criticisms of the Glasgow clubs levelled at Barca/Real, Roma/Lazio or anyone else, despite their rivalries being very similar.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Football is bad but the atmosphere is pretty amazing.

I suppose that's inevitable given that Rangers matches are the only ones that ever mean anything in a season. It's ridiculous playing each other as many times as they do, anywhere else that would have a negative impact on the fixture, but what else do they have to play for? I certainly don't want them anywhere near the English leagues.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Any team with Diouf loses my support. Football is bad but the atmosphere is pretty amazing.

football aside for a minute - I'm surprised how well that works as a chant

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I suppose that's inevitable given that Rangers matches are the only ones that ever mean anything in a season. It's ridiculous playing each other as many times as they do, anywhere else that would have a negative impact on the fixture, but what else do they have to play for? I certainly don't want them anywhere near the English leagues.

Give over - is there really a difference from England & Spain? Are there realistically more than 2 teams in either country that can win the league? Barca and Real are picking up more points than Celtic and Rangers are. And is there really any disparity in terms of relative budget, fan base, ability of players between say Wigan v Man United and Dundee Utd v Celtic? I'd say not.

And for the record, in light of your "its only against Rangers" comment:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ive got Irish and Scottish family who have supported Celtic all they're lives. If someone can tell me why people hate Celtic so much i'd love to know as I honestly don't know and the reason I like Celtic is through family.

This'll do for starters

celtic-fans-unveil-their-anti-poppy-banner-image-1-53142935.jpg

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The whole nonsense that is now going on is fully and squarely as a result of the knobs that are Dr John Reid (New labour bigot extra-ordinaire) and Neil 'Maddog' Lennon (a man who loves a conflict). The two of them have stoked this whole episode. Hark back a couple of years when they were not around and there was none of this conflict. Witness Lennon's rant at the SFA a few months back and his continuing diatribe about the bias in Scottish football, which for those who see it week in week out , know is just not there. In fact the SFA should but didn't throw the book at Celtic for their comments before Xmas.
The SFA need to now chuck the said book at Celtic and drum that arsehole Reid out of football (not back into politics mind you- look at his wild spending when Minister of Defense).
All in all ,a very sad indictment , to a standard of football that is now really Sunday Pub League (SPL), standard.

Cue some knobhead hooped supporter to give us a biased view? Probably!

TNBA

TTF

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
A couple of years Walter Smith and Super Ally laid wreaths at Sellick Park in memory of Tommy Burns and were applauded by Celtic fans. This goodwill has all been undone by Reid and TLB as TTF correctly points out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here