Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic Rangers just got a little spicy

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Another f***ing thread on JOKE football. I think I get more wound up about sweaty football than I do over a Hartlepool away following. Noddy noddy NODDY.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How the f*** anyone can say Rangers are the lesser of two evils is beyond me. f***ing Andy Goram and his UDA links, that wanker chairman Murray and his bigoted recordings, Rangers only having a HANDFUL of Catholic players EVER to play for them until recent times. They are a shower of f***ing shit every bit as much as the hand wringing conspiracy theory dreaming up bigots in the shit end of Glasgow. Complete cünts the lot of them, and hated in equal measure across the league by pretty much everyone else for their contribution to Scottish monkey tennis.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree there is plenty of atmosphere at the Celtic- Rangers games, but the football is just DISMAL. It really is monkey tennis.

Every game is the same:

-Kick off
-Demented, primal ROAR from the crowd
-Defender HOOFS the ball forward
-CRUNCHING late tackle
-whistle blows
-punch up
-game restarts
-repeat ad infinitum for 90 minutes, with occasional breaks for red cards.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree there is plenty of atmosphere at the Celtic- Rangers games, but the football is just DISMAL. It really is monkey tennis.

Every game is the same:

-Kick off
-CRUNCHING late tackle
-whistle blows
-punch up
-game restarts
Wise words. But lets not forget they have the most passionate fans in the world. Especially the 8,000 rattling around in Ibrox in the 80s and the 12,000 regulars at Parkhead under John Barnes.

Everyone talks about their big gates. Let's see how they do if they have to play regular league fixtures against teams with bigger gates than Eastbourne Boro and get humiliated week after week.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Every game is the same:

-Kick off
-CRUNCHING late tackle
-whistle blows
-punch up
-game restarts

Followed by 8 games of them thumping some other "Premiership" teams before meeting again to decide who will be top of the table for the next 8 games.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Every game is the same:

-Kick off
-CRUNCHING late tackle
-whistle blows
-punch up
-game restarts

:clap2: :clap2: Brilliant viewing

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
How the f*** anyone can say Rangers are the lesser of two evils is beyond me. f***ing Andy Goram and his UDA links, that wanker chairman Murray and his bigoted recordings, Rangers only having a HANDFUL of Catholic players EVER to play for them until recent times. They are a shower of f***ing shit every bit as much as the hand wringing conspiracy theory dreaming up bigots in the shit end of Glasgow. Complete cünts the lot of them, and hated in equal measure across the league by pretty much everyone else for their contribution to Scottish monkey tennis.

When did David Murray do this then?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When did David Murray do this then?
I thought there was some instance of bigotry involving him about ten years ago and reported in the news of the screws, although I can't find anything on line so will take that one back.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Much as I can't be arsed with Scottish football, it's not fair to use gates from the 1980s as a stick to beat any club with, as crowds across British football were much lower then than they are now. Just a quick Google shows Man United averaged 36,000 as recently as the late 1980s, Everton 19,000 in 1984, Liverpool pulled in 33,000 per game in 1985-86, a season when they won the double. It's even worse if you drop down the leagues.

Palace averaged 6,440 in 1984-85, in the equivalent of the Championship now. Newcastle 16,000 as late as 1989-90 season. I think I can remember Leeds games pulling in four figure crowds.

It's just the way it was, when football was at its lowest ebb.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Followed by 8 games of them thumping some other "Premiership" teams before meeting again to decide who will be top of the table for the next 8 games.

I must confess I do like watching how disproportionately mental their fans go when some lumbering striker whose name I don't even know boots one in from three feet out against a footballing GIANT like Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Hamilton Academical. But that's laughing AT them, not WITH them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Much as I can't be arsed with Scottish football, it's not fair to use gates from the 1980s as a stick to beat any club with, as crowds across British football were much lower then than they are now. Just a quick Google shows Man United averaged 36,000 as recently as the late 1980s, Everton 19,000 in 1984, Liverpool pulled in 33,000 per game in 1985-86, a season when they won the double. It's even worse if you drop down the leagues.

Palace averaged 6,440 in 1984-85, in the equivalent of the Championship now. Newcastle 16,000 as late as 1989-90 season. I think I can remember Leeds games pulling in four figure crowds.

It's just the way it was, when football was at its lowest ebb.
So Rangers were getting regular non-old firm crowds of about 1,000 more than the average at Palace back in the 80s when they were utter rubbish, and nothing like the gates of comparable sized clubs like Everton, Newcastle or Liverpool. Says it all really.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So Rangers were getting regular non-old firm crowds of about 1,000 more than the average at Palace back in the 80s when they were utter rubbish, and nothing like the gates of comparable sized clubs like Everton, Newcastle or Liverpool. Says it all really.

A lot of it was to do with the banning of taking drink into the game after riot at 1980 cup final and having to sit down instead of standing. But the team was poor though.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Furry muff, was just making the point! It used to wind me up when NIMBYs who were against the stadium at Falmer used to point to our crowds in about 1988 and say how it proved we'd never be a big club, when football as a whole was in the doldrums at that time :thumbsup:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I hate Rangers so much, dirty bastards the lot of them.

P""s off knobhead. Between them Lennon and the ex member of Her Majesties Government John Reid they have managed to contrive this conspiracy theory so well about Scottish referee's and the SFA that it works in their favour. Throughout that game last night every single Celtic player was trying to get Diouf sent off. So that's how Lennon sends his team out to play. He should think about the bigger implications of those actions

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Diouf is a nasty wanker and a hot head. Any team playing Rangers should be out to wind him up because it's easy and he's a liability when he's in a huff.

And only a Rangers prick would bang about "Her Majesties [sic] Government". For fucks sake, give it a rest you plum.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Both are every bit as bad as each other.

Cracking viewing for the neutral (although certainly not for the standard of the football itself), mind.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are there not speciallist monkey tennis forums, where Jimbo and marcgorry can conduct their little tiff?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here