Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
Leon coped. If this is true, then I think it is a big loss to us, game wise. But the money (??) might well come in handy.

Leon wasn't trying to beat the same player four times. I think its a loss but not a big one, he could do well but he tailed off from the middle of this season so if we can get anything over 200k for him it would be a result.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
I think he'll show himself to be a much better player than he looked for us when surrounded by better players, as will be the case at Leeds

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This would be a near-disaster... he is a talented player who would run riot in league 1... IF we get decent money (and it seems even that is in doubt, accoeding to the above), I have no doubt we would not see any of it, or very little of it, for reinvestment in our squad (I hope I'm wrong, but our board's track record is poor in this respect)... very bad news... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
He absolutely pi$$ed over us at ER last season. I did post about him ages ago, about the possibility of him signing for Leeds.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
B.W. said:
This would be a near-disaster... he is a talented player who would run riot in league 1... IF we get decent money (and it seems even that is in doubt, accoeding to the above), I have no doubt we would not see any of it, or very little of it, for reinvestment in our squad (I hope I'm wrong, but our board's track record is poor in this respect)... very bad news... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Not really a 'near disaster', as players do come and go that's life.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
B.W. said:
IF we get decent money (and it seems even that is in doubt, accoeding to the above), I have no doubt we would not see any of it, or very little of it, for reinvestment in our squad (I hope I'm wrong, but our board's track record is poor in this respect)... very bad news... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Or our board will be using the money to keep the club alive in the short term until we get Falmer. I'd rather have a selling team for a few seasons until we get our new stadium and can start to build than a team that is on the verge of going out of buisness cause we hang onto our best players, or try to re-invest to much money in the squad. Lets face facts at the moment we cannot compete with most of the clubs in this league when it comes to money so why try and break the bank.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
robbied69 said:
He absolutely pi$$ed over us at ER last season. I did post about him ages ago, about the possibility of him signing for Leeds.

He did, but was that not against that very poor LB you own?

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
If we get a half decent fee to put towards our 'striker' then i'll be satisfied. Carole was a decent dribbler of the ball but I feel he didn't score as many goals as he could have from right midfield as his shooting was fairly poor. If this is true I would like to see Hart replace him in Right Midfield.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
DAMANCLAY said:

I personally like Harding. Admittedly he was poor that day against you. Apart from that he has been solid. He hasn't had much support because we don't play with wingers so he (and Crainey) are continually left exposed.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:

Who is apparently, subject of a 600k offer from another Championship club which would negate the rest of your payments.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BHA Jordan said:
Not really a 'near disaster', as players do come and go that's life.

I would accept that if we showed any signs of actually signing ANYONE half decent...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
Or our board will be using the money to keep the club alive in the short term until we get Falmer. I'd rather have a selling team for a few seasons until we get our new stadium and can start to build than a team that is on the verge of going out of buisness cause we hang onto our best players, or try to re-invest to much money in the squad. Lets face facts at the moment we cannot compete with most of the clubs in this league when it comes to money so why try and break the bank.

Which league?... I would agree with the CCC, but not league 1...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Starry said:
Who is apparently, subject of a 600k offer from another Championship club which would negate the rest of your payments.

Ill believe it when I see it. Still doesn't change the fact he was bloody awful that day and most of the times ive seen him play.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Starry said:

f :angry: king joke club. It's no wonder the footballing world think (collectively) Leeds are scum

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dougal said:
f :angry: king joke club. It's no wonder the footballing world think (collectively) Leeds are scum

We would still make 120k out of that deal anyway.

Which means we would have got 690k ish for a player thats worth 200k at best. Leeds still lose on the investment in him.

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Aw! And to think we were flavour of the mouth when we signed Beeney!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here