Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

carole and o'callaghan???

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I was expecting Gus to be bringing in players of a higher quality than those being mentioned,regarding O`Callaghan, he has been released by Tranmere and Yeovil and appears to have problems off the pitch,not the best cv.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I thought we'd learned NEVER GO BACK

Especially a THIRD time for a player who hasn't cut it. Seb seemed a breath of fresh air in his first stint but didn't go on to achieve anything when leaving for Leeds and then came back for more but didn't impress anyone as I recall.

Why would it be any different now?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This is really worrying news.Not only has Gus signed an ex player in Brezovan i'm now worried he will sign Carole.If he does then you simply have to question weather he is the right man for the job.If this is a stepping stone into future signings made by Poyet then i wouldn't trust him with money.This isn't good news.
Surely Martin Hinslewood could give some info to Poyet about how poor these players are and not to sign them.
Oh dear.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Very dissapointed with all Poyet's decisions, if they are to be believed. I think Brezovan is an average keeper at best, and if he keeps the spot over Kuipers it would be ridiculous. I think Hoyte is a quite frankly shocking fullback who I can't believe has kept in the team as long as he has. As for Carole and O'Callaghan, would be extremely dissapointed if we signed either of them. Carole is a past-it flair player who has nothing to offer and O'Callaghan is not worth touching with a ten foot barge pole. Come on Gus, we must be able to do better than this!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Like I said just becuase they are on trial it doesn't mean they will sign - hence the word "trial"

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I thought this thread was a wind-up.
Seriously WHAT THE f***?!
f***ing CAROLE!?
This must be some kind of joke.

O'Callaghan?! Massive step backwards as far is i'm concerned.

I'm really questioning Poyets judgement now for the first time. Because even NSC knows how utterly wank these two are.

As for Hoyte and Brezovan...

Words f***ing fail me.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Peter Ward
Steve Foster
John Byrne
Bobby Zamora all came back and didn't do too badly

Come on mate.You know these players are gash so why put spin on it?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Carole and O'Callaghan suffered from the same issues - half decent for the first couple of games, then anonymous to the point of being liabilities thereafter. In both positions, we already have better.

However, that's not my point - call me paranoid, but I can't help but see the Hand of Lloyd at play here. If it's mediocrity you're after aspiring to, Baz is your man.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
O'Callaghan is nowhere near as good as some people like to make out. He's a deceptive player: his stylish and effortless composure on the ball make him look a classy player, but in reality he's decidedly average. He does the basics well and is relatively vocal, as we saw in the few decent games he had for us, but he does little more than that. Not a player we should be looking at it. There's a good reason he has never made it anywhere else.

As for Carole his second-stint here should say enough.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Poyet... please, please aim much, much higher than these 2... thank you...

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Carole and O'Callaghan suffered from the same issues - half decent for the first couple of games, then anonymous to the point of being liabilities thereafter. In both positions, we already have better.

O'Callaghan had another issue. He was Irish through and through in the bar. There is a strong rumour that he turned up for a Brighton game p*ssed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here