Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

carole and o'callaghan???

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Why, does he owe you money?

No, far from it....I always felt I had received value for money for my ticket when he played.

However.................on that basis, Navarro owes me a bloody fortune....!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that O'Callaghan was good when he was here and that Carole was first time and I dont think that MA was able to get him to perform 2nd time. Both undoubtedly have the ability but the question is whether GP can bring this out to the full.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
To be fair to Carole, it sounds like BL signed him for Adams when he came back. I saw his first game back - came on as a sub and set up a goal. However he was never going to fit into the Adams hoof and hope style of football. I dont know him but being French he may have struggled with the Adams "good football lad, he even does practical jokes" style of management. I have no idea whether he is in Poyet's plans but you can't judge a skillfull player under a hoofing manager. I mean many an english style "football person" wouldn't have picked Maradona because "the lad is too small and a luxury". As for GC. Couldnt care less ff he has an attitude problem, in fat I hope he does, as long as he can play ten its up to the manager to get the best out of him and lesser players that he might upse will have to get on with it. After all, players pretend to be professional and the fist rule of being a professional is that you dont have to like someone to work with them. Havig said that, Ive no idea if they are still any good, but that is what we are paying Poyet to decide.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
having watched the pre-Torquay interview and his take on the trialists I don't think either will be offered anything
the trick with Gus is to watch his eyes ..................tells you everything you want to know

I thought Seb Carole had a rough last time here - didn't quite have the muscle to change things when chips were down, but would fit in well if there was more determination around him. He might still work for us, and if we don't take him on then he'd do well to head for the Division 2 where he can really stand out.

O'Carole.... nah. Lost his cool too easily, and worse is my book - let Dean Wilkins down. He wasn't all that special on the field of battle, but looked calm under pressure....which flattered to deceive a bit.
If, as is said, he's mental - then he wouldn't be good for the dressing room either.
He's not uprooted any trees since leaving us, and I think that's also telling.
Like Bertin - didn't show enough humility, or respect, or attachment to the glory that is Brighton and Hove Albion.

Carole - definitely maybe.
O'Callaghan - definitely not.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Peter Ward
Steve Foster
John Byrne
Bobby Zamora all came back and didn't do too badly

Sorry but can you just explain exactly when BZ chose to leave us and when he returned. As I recall, he was on loan at the back end of one season, scored six goals and we signed him in the close season. As for Ward, exceptional in his first stint with the club but probably only highlight of his return was the goal at Newcastle that set us on our way to the big one. As for Byrne, he played 39 games in a relegation season and scored 6 goals!

However, Fozzie (the original) was true legend in both spells with the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here