Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

carole and o'callaghan???

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
certain to see a lot go and only a few come in - so the ones we do sign need to be quality - I have no doubt that they will be and Seb will not be one of them - we should know soon though.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I love the hypocrisy on here. I would say 95% of NSCers were ranting and raving about George O'C's performances. Then he left under a storm because he felt the club were not being ambitious and spending necessary money to get/keep the players that were doing well.

And now people are criticising him being on trial stating the exact reason that he did at the time - yet also saying he's bad news.

Anal Beard

Dec 21, 2009
O'Callaghan is quality albeit a bit of a twat. But doesnt he just do the same job as Dicker on the pitch who I feel is playing better for us than O'C ever did?

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Wright Move to Oxford

Wright Move to Oxford
Posted on: Thu 31 Dec 2009

By Paul Camillin

Albion defender Jake Wright has signed on loan for Blue Square Premier leaders Oxford United.

The former Crawley Town defender, who joined Albion from the Sussex non-league club for an undisclosed fee last summer, joins the U's until the end of the season.

The 23-year-old is reunited with Chris Wilder; he played under the former Albion player at Halifax Town, where he made over 60 appearances.

Meanwhile Albion boss Gus Poyet has confirmed he will offer Peter Brezovan a new contract until the end of the season, and that the club are in discussions with Arsenal concerning an extension on Gavin Hoyte's loan deal.

Poyet is also taking a look at former Seagulls George O'Callaghan and Seb Carole; the pair are training with Albion after leaving Tranmere and Yeovil respectively.

Bugger, was in a really good mood today and this has really pissed me off! Carole and Hoyte are f**king useless, and O'Callaghan is a knob, an ok player but a pain in the ass in the dressing room. This is very very bad news!
Come on Gus, get a grip, you can do better than this!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I agree with WW, this is not what's needed. They are not good enough. Only hope they are only training with us.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I think that Dicker and O'Callaghan could be a dream midfield with coxy in a 'roaming' role
Roaming around the training pitch hopefully, not in the team.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The only pass he could play was backwards.

The most overrated midfielder I can remember at the club. Well, apart from Bertin anyway, who just did the same thing.

Shambles.

O'Callaghan was allegedly the hardest drinker the club has had since Case and McNab were on the loose.
Looked anonymous when he played for Yeovil against us.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The only pass he could play was backwards.

The most overrated midfielder I can remember at the club. Well, apart from Bertin anyway, who just did the same thing.

Shambles.

I'm sorry mate but your post shows that you know nothing about midfielders. A midfielder doesn't have to be Gascoigne like and beat lots of players before scoring a goal or laying on an assist, they can be players that break up the play and give the ball simply.

O'Callaghan was a very good player for us as was Bertin, it was their attitudes off the pitch that were questionable.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd be quite happy with O'Callaghan if he's still as good as his last stint here. He'll drop into the hole to pick the ball up from the defenders (so they dont have to hoof it) and spread the ball wide. We've been crying out for someone to help move play from back to front. I'm also not to bothered if he's got a bit of a mouth on him. We need someone at the back and in midfield who's vocal. Perhaps the trial will show he can't cut it but its encouraging for me in that thats the type of player we're looking for.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I'm sorry mate but your post shows that you know nothing about midfielders. A midfielder doesn't have to be Gascoigne like and beat lots of players before scoring a goal or laying on an assist, they can be players that break up the play and give the ball simply.

O'Callaghan was a very good player for us as was Bertin, it was their attitudes off the pitch that were questionable.

Didn't realise Bertin had probs off the pitch - thought he just refused to sign as he believed he could get a better deal. As for O'C I thought he was sent back to Ipswich after having a go at Knight for not supporting Wilkins. His off-field problems only came out after he went back.

Plenty of players have addiction problems and most get better when they tackle them. Who's to say this won't happen with O'C?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here