Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

carole and o'callaghan???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Carole has skill but doesn't know how to play football - would add something to the bench if he is cheap (can he play left ?).
If bennett is injured we have no back up R.Midfield.
O'Callahan has the makings of a quality player but needs firm management. If he still has the same quality I think he is worth signing until the end of the season.
Got to be better than Navarro ?

I like Carole - there's a bit of excitement around the crowd when he gets the ball and runs with it. Invariably he fails to actually do anything with it though, sadly. Wouldn't play him ahead of Bennett or COx.

O'Callaghan was at Yeovil after Tranmere. Has plenty of quality,but goes through clubs like nobody's business. Shame.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:wozza:
seriously? havent we leant anything? why are these players suddenly going to be better than before? signing rejects is not going to move us forward, even as squad players. we dont lack depth, we lack certain key positions which these two dont fill.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
O'Callers was the slowest player i've ever seen. His spindleshanks could have been snapped easily within 2 minutes of a visit to one of plastic ball pools you find dangerously lain on promenades in the summer months by one of those over-eager, wild-armed 6 year-olds who fly in there and scream excitedly until everyone else dies or leaves or bursts.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Would love to see O,Callaghan back here.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
"but Poyet has AMAZING contacts"

he obviously does though doesn't he? He played for Chelsea and Spurs so he is bound to have good contacts within the game. Whether or not they are any use to him is another question, but there isn't much doubt that he will inevitably have contacts.

Also, they are TRAINING with us. We haven't signed them yet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm hopeful this is a shit silly season story featuring two players just trying to stay fit. Hopefully we'll have f*** all to do with either of them.

Lets face it, you wouldn't expect our transfer targets to be made public before the window opens for fear of alerting bigger clubs.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
O'Callaghan was very, very good in his loan spell here. Then he basically told Dick Knight to f*** off when we tried to sign him permenantley, so as far as I'm concerned he piss off back to Ireland.

Carole is no better than Cox so not sure why we would be interested but if Poyet wants to ofeer him a short term deal to add competition I would be ok with that.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I agree. If he has sorted out his problems then he would be a very useful layer to have. He has composure on the ball and can play a killer pass when he wants to. He was also the most entertaining player when he was down here.

And Dick Knight would be pleased.

:ohmy:

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
I cannot believe this is where Gus is aiming his sights ...........would be a waste of wages and a giant step backwards......

I have more faith in Gus than that.......

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Wright Move to Oxford

Wright Move to Oxford
Posted on: Thu 31 Dec 2009

By Paul Camillin

Albion defender Jake Wright has signed on loan for Blue Square Premier leaders Oxford United.

The former Crawley Town defender, who joined Albion from the Sussex non-league club for an undisclosed fee last summer, joins the U's until the end of the season.

The 23-year-old is reunited with Chris Wilder; he played under the former Albion player at Halifax Town, where he made over 60 appearances.

Meanwhile Albion boss Gus Poyet has confirmed he will offer Peter Brezovan a new contract until the end of the season, and that the club are in discussions with Arsenal concerning an extension on Gavin Hoyte's loan deal.

Poyet is also taking a look at former Seagulls George O'Callaghan and Seb Carole; the pair are training with Albion after leaving Tranmere and Yeovil respectively.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Wright Move to Oxford

Wright Move to Oxford
Posted on: Thu 31 Dec 2009

By Paul Camillin

Albion defender Jake Wright has signed on loan for Blue Square Premier leaders Oxford United.

The former Crawley Town defender, who joined Albion from the Sussex non-league club for an undisclosed fee last summer, joins the U's until the end of the season.

The 23-year-old is reunited with Chris Wilder; he played under the former Albion player at Halifax Town, where he made over 60 appearances.

Meanwhile Albion boss Gus Poyet has confirmed he will offer Peter Brezovan a new contract until the end of the season, and that the club are in discussions with Arsenal concerning an extension on Gavin Hoyte's loan deal.

Poyet is also taking a look at former Seagulls George O'Callaghan and Seb Carole; the pair are training with Albion after leaving Tranmere and Yeovil respectively.

Brzovan -fair enough - surely we can do better than Hoyte at RB?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bad decisions all round IMHO, two freeloaders and a potentially good centre back loaned out.

Going to be a long January at this rate.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I agree. If he has sorted out his problems then he would be a very useful layer to have. He has composure on the ball and can play a killer pass when he wants to. He was also the most entertaining player when he was down here.

The only pass he could play was backwards.

The most overrated midfielder I can remember at the club. Well, apart from Bertin anyway, who just did the same thing.

Shambles.

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
O'Callaghan has hardly caused a sensation at Yeovil. He has played nine times with six of those as sub. Not good enough for Yeovil, definitely not good enough for us. I thought Seb was awful when he came back last time. This is depressing news.

scooter1

How soon is now?
The Carole thing worries me. I hope Poyet is just allowing him to keep his fitness up. He is one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen. Promises so much and then fails to deliver - its his only consistency.
As for OCallaghan, as has been pointed out already, if his attitude can be handled then I think he could be a useful signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here