Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City in the shit...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Feel sorry for them to a certain extent, club is being/has been royally fcuked over. Club most certainly IS currently a laughing stock.

So happy we have TB.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I wonder how many red Cardiff shirts will be in the away end on the 21st...

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Alan Whiteley told the fan “I could show you a 40 page dossier and you still wouldn’t be happy”. When the fan responded that “but you don’t have one, do you?” he had no response.

Is Paxman a Cardiff supporter?

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
surly if cardiff city resign from the englisg league system, and join the welsh league they would be garenteed champions league footbal within 2 years ?

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
That has hurt my eyes reading that. What an awful colour, white text on dark blue. They should change it to something easier, like red...

Anyway, this caught my eye: Alan Whiteley became visibly flustered by this reaction and said “It is impossible for us to ask 18,000 people a question” and “Nothing I can say about it will change your mind anyway”.

Clearly hasn't heard of this site then Cardiff City | Welcome which, buy the looks of it is the same as Brighton's web site. A simple internet poll would suffice, I'm sure.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
That's not blackmail.

Blackmail is trying to get money from someone through intimidation. Not offering them money with conditions attached.

I thought that. It's like saying anyone going to buy a car and asking for some freebies is trying to blackmail the dealer (sort of)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Take the cash and rebrand, Tan will be bored of them within a couple of seasons anyway.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:smile: :D :lol: :lolol: :rotlf: :laugh:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That's the thing though, there's no evidence he has the cash or is going to bankroll them properly at all
Without seeing his accounts, and relying on internet searches, it appears that he is a billionaire........although how accurate that is, or more to the point whether he'll want to splash out on a failing second division football club is another matter.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Take the cash and rebrand, Tan will be bored of them within a couple of seasons anyway.

I don't think you understand. Tan isn't GIVING them this money - just loading into onto their debt - all the extra money is repayable to him. For him to pump more in, then 'get bored' is just about the wost possible scenario for Cardiff. See Rangers for further details.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't think you understand. Tan isn't GIVING them this money - just loading into onto their debt - all the extra money is repayable to him. For him to pump more in, then 'get bored' is just about the wost possible scenario for Cardiff. See Rangers for further details.
In which case it could be time for them to follow the Crystal Palace business model.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just read their forum, they reckon they want CMS too :lol: cash up front please.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Oh dear, they are in the poo big time. This is sounding very much like Pompey and Blackburn, with foreign owners who never seen to appear, but just proclaim to be resiolving teh debt, but then leave being owed loads themselves, as well as the previous debts still in existance.

I certainly do "give a shit" on this one, as this is far closer to what we went through than Pompey or Rangers, for example. They have been run roughshod over by owners who haven't delivered a series of "good times" over and beyond what they seemingly could afford. The astronimical size of debt is a result of owners raping the club, and I fear it's continuing to happen with the current guys.

Not all clubs in financial peril are the same, and while I have minimal sympathy for Pompey and Rangers, I do truly feel for fans of Cardiff and Blackburn.

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
Which is fine as long as you don't ever expect them to give a shit about us.

But of course in the past so many other clubs have given a shit about about us, which has helped us get where we are today. So really this just makes you look arrogant and ungrateful.

But as I say that's fine.

I'm with you on this one. Many supporters from home and abroad gave a shit about us. It's a shame to see any club struggle. We've been there, we know.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I actually found that quite uncomfortable to read. I can only imagine the level of anger in that room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here