Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City in the shit...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
At last someone else who agrees.

And for those that think that "lacks ambition", my ambition is not to walk off a cliff.

Er, this. And going back to the original topic, that is what this is all about and why we should ALL care about what happens to fellow supporters and their clubs (even Palace.)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sorry I must be on the wrong thread I thought the title read "Cardiff are shit"

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
my ambition is not to walk off a cliff.

Cardiff's ambition though is to run off the cliff in the hope that they will catch a parachute on the way over the edge.

I expect them to spend relatively big this season but looking at this league that is a massive risk and in my view they will be lucky to edge the play-offs.

This is almost a pre-announcement that if they fail to go up after spending money they don't really have, they will be going into administration next May.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Considering Pompey's fate, I find the whole concept of a 'fit and proper test' pretty laughable and irrelevant!

Apparently someone was applied the test to Saddam Hussain just to see what would happen and he only failed because he was dead, had he still been alive he would have passed. That's what I heard anyway.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Reading the notes from that meeting you wouldn't sell them a player unless it was 100% cash up front would you? That would be your club gambling on their already long odds gamble with no fallback bet to cover your potential losses. Madness!

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Er, this. And going back to the original topic, that is what this is all about and why we should ALL care about what happens to fellow supporters and their clubs (even Palace.)

Glad most people had this opinion during our Struggles & Fans United etc.

Last edited:

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Reading the notes from that meeting you wouldn't sell them a player unless it was 100% cash up front would you? That would be your club gambling on their already long odds gamble with no fallback bet to cover your potential losses. Madness!

I think you will find he is saying we should care about other clubs

Doh, yeh just re read it. For some reason i got the "should" & "we" round the wrong way sorry [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is almost a pre-announcement that if they fail to go up after spending money they don't really have, they will be going into administration next May.
It's crazy isn't it. Much like our governments allow our banks to gamble, safe in the knowledge we'll bail them out if they fail, the FA are allowing clubs to gamble on reaching the premiership, and if they fail it doesn't matter, the tax payers will cover that.

The FA need to change the rules about ground ownership. Owners can gamble with their own money, and if it doesn't come off, unlucky pall, now it's time for another owner.

If I was a business I think I would be asking Cardiff to pay up front for any goods and services I provided.
Definitely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here