Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Although I don't know how to put a ticket on the exchange, the statement the other day said a ticket could be put on at any time, but you would only be paid if:-

The game is an official sell out
Your seat is purchased

Ah right.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I live 200 miles away and it's very easy.

1. Advertise your ticket(s) on NSC.
2. Get a buyer and collect money via bank transfer or Paypal.
3. Phone the club and tell them you want paper replacement(s) to be collected from the Amex on the day of the game in the name of your buyer.

Job done.

(The club may charge a small admin fee - they're inconsistent on that - which you may want to on charge to your buyer)

Now they have set up the ticket exchange facility will they actually still reprint tickets for somebody else, after all the tickets are "officially" non transferrable and the club stand to make more out of a re-sale.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wonder if the Albion will take the glory of sell-out by simply selling the 180 tickets left, or if they will put some of the 2,500 Cardiff won't require on sale, thus showing up the fact the price rises mean we can't really shift them all any longer.

It is up to Cardiff to return them first.

Even if there are 150 left, for a Tuesday night game still in 'holiday season' is it really that bad?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I wonder if the Albion will take the glory of sell-out by simply selling the 180 tickets left, or if they will put some of the 2,500 Cardiff won't require on sale, thus showing up the fact the price rises mean we can't really shift them all any longer.

Not really fair. No matter how many seats are left unsold tomorrow it will still be the highest attendance for a league game at the Amex. We have shifted an extra 5-6k for a midweek game in prime holiday season. There comes a point when no matter how cheap the tickets are you will not sell anymore since anyone who wants to go has a ticket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've largely switched off from tickets and stuff over the Summer, but is it the case that the tickets on sale last are those directly behind the South goal?

Is there anything worse in football than someone scoring a goal in front of banks of empty seats?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So why make the stadium bigger if everyone who wants to go has a ticket? I know your answer will be so that we have more seats available for the big games, which is fair enough, but empty seats will make it less important to have a season ticket for many people next year in my opinion.

The price difference is the biggest reason for having a season ticket, rather than the availability of seats.

Cardiff will have taken a 2000 allocation (ESL and corner). The extra 1300 will be the eastern half of the south. These will be the ones we can then sell once this last few are snapped up.

There is no reason at all that Cardiff will have returned the tickets yet.

WSL - 22
ESU - 31
South - 122

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I just think its sad that there will be swathes of empty seats behind the goal for almost all matches this season.
I think this could have been avoided if the club had continued selling season tickets right up until the start of the season - and also made all areas of the ground available instead of keeping some blocks back. It would be much better to have 300-odd empty seats scattered around the stadium where they would not be noticeable than to have visibly empty blocks.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Probably a bit of a logistical nightmare, but if a few days before a match the club definitely know they are not going to sell-out, why don't they contact some local schools and give them free tickets?

Would ensure a full-house and they would pick up a few converts along the way (take a ten-year old kid to the Amex to see his first football match, and he could end up a life-long fan...). The club would also make a bit of extra money from merchandise sales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here