Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
that almost insinuates that everyone who possibly wants a ticket has one...

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think the fact that when the tickets went on sale they were available to anybody regardless off purchase history says it all.
I think we have to admit that the time has come that if you want to watch the Albion at the Amex you don't have to buy your ticket as soon as they go on sale.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Im struggling to comprehend why people are shitting themselves over a few unsold seats here and there , to get the crowds we did last season was unbelievable considering our recent struggles , to have a season ticket fanbase of 20k plus is quite remarkable and i admit theres no way i thought we would acheive such numbers on the last day at withdean , chill out if there are empty seats dotted around its not that suprising is it , god knows how many fans we lost during the gillingham and withdean years but with the interest as it is and the amount of youngsters coming through the turnstilles with mum and dad i reckon the club can only get stronger on and off the pitch .

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Im struggling to comprehend why people are shitting themselves over a few unsold seats here and there , to get the crowds we did last season was unbelievable considering our recent struggles , to have a season ticket fanbase of 20k plus is quite remarkable and i admit theres no way i thought we would acheive such numbers on the last day at withdean , chill out if there are empty seats dotted around its not that suprising is it , god knows how many fans we lost during the gillingham and withdean years but with the interest as it is and the amount of youngsters coming through the turnstilles with mum and dad i reckon the club can only get stronger on and off the pitch .

Im not shitting myself at all. I just think its sad that there will be swathes of empty seats behind the goal for almost all matches this season. Thats a logistical planning error. The increased pricing is also undeniably going to put away fans off. You only had to see the reaction here to Ipswichs prices last season to know people refuse to go on principle if they think they are being ripped off.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I cant say ive ever based my decision on going to a away game on the price of the home teams ticket but i guess there are those that do . Im not sure what more people want the club to do frankly , a roof , padded seats , pies with meat in them , players with names nobody can pronounce or spell , its a veritable feast just enjoy it .

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The August heat of 100+ in the sun is not for playing or watching football, it is for lying on the beach in Sardinia looking at the emerald sea

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tickets in another 3 blocks in the ESU are now available.

I would be mighty pissed if I had recently splashed on a corner ticket after being told the ESU was TOTALLY sold out.

Officially it was TOTALLY sold out , these are the seats the club reserved for their own use (VIPs , comps , sponsors , relocations , FA/FL dignitaries , etc etc)

I suppose a positive is at least they are being offered for sale. From my seat in the ESL (family) I often gazed across at empty patches in the WSL, even when the game had been sold out weeks before.

These were not ST no shows, but blocks of 20+. Hopefully this will be a thing of the past.

Here's to a big result today and the remaining seats being snatched up. Be nice to get a few bums on the half other of the south as well

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just imagine, NSC users, as you sat in your wobbly Withdean seat in the pissing rain with 5,000 others, watching the Albion blunder to another dismal defeat against Gillingham or Hartlepool, that one day you'd be getting anxious about the idea that we might have a few hundred spare seats out of 27,000
:shrug:

Do other clubs fret about not selling out every week? Do Palace have threads on the BBS wondering why the club haven't done more to shift the last remaining 14,000 seats for their next game?

Perspective, folks.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That's still going to be a pretty healthy turnout for mid-August. It does suggest though that the official ticket exchange is going to be pretty much pointless for ST holders until the time (if there is one) that we're firmly in the play-off/promotion mix.

That's still going to be a pretty healthy turnout for mid-August. It does suggest though that the official ticket exchange is going to be pretty much pointless for ST holders until the time (if there is one) that we're firmly in the play-off/promotion mix.

I think the ticket exchange will come into play for every game where the opposition take the full away allocation. That's about 10 games this term. Also, as you said, it will come into play for others if we are in the mix.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Flamin school holidays.... there is a % of the population sunning them selves somewhere abroad as we speak,.. plus those having fun elsewhere in the UK.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Everyone is entitled to fret. Yes I'm fretting, thinking of the queues for the P&R to Mill Road as they have increased the all clear by 60 minutes to 90 minutes, and I have to be in Patcham by 1800 or I'm stuck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here