Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
S1F is on sale to away fans? Was that what they said? Or did they say S1F is reserved for away fans - which for the next 2 encounters at least will mean S1Fand S1E are returned.

Currently Barnsley and Cardiff are only offering their supporters the side (ESL - 1250 ish) and corners (SE - 800 ish).

I would be surprised if either team needed the south stand as well as last term they brought less than 800 a piece.

Look out for for S1F going on sale at the weekend is my prediction.

From experience the ticket office staff give different answers all the time when asked about tickets.

S1F is currently away fans but they expect tickets back. I think he me t they have yet to request the second batch of tickets, therefore you're probably right about them going on sale over this weekend. Probably Friday.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
1.S1F is away fans.
2.S1F is home fans as other club didn't take it's allocation.
3.S1F is empty as neither home fans or away fans bought tickets.

southe.jpg

Edited to show south stand. S1G to the right and S1F slap bang behind the goal

As the other poster pointed out, S1F is either side of the aisle which is on the east side of the goal.

This is the official plan, which shows that S1F will be half home fans and half away fans (if full allocation is taken). So the dividing point will be the aisle:

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/staticFiles/88/b5/0,,10433~177544,00.pdf

If S1F tickets to the west of the aisle are not on sale to home fans, this is probably because they want to keep those seats empty to use as the barrier between the fans. I might be wrong, but I don't think away fans will be behind the goal at all - except for cup matches when the away team claim their full 15%.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So am I right in thinking the block directly behind the goal when the away clubs takes 10% , will be one half filled with Albion fans and the other half empty or covered in tarpaulin used for segregation purposes ?

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
When I chose my seat this summer the girl said that Gus wanted our fans behind the goal. So it is my understanding that for league games it will be home fans.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So am I right in thinking the block directly behind the goal when the away clubs takes 10% , will be one half filled with Albion fans and the other half empty or covered in tarpaulin used for segregation purposes ?

I think it will depend on demand. I'm sure the whole block will be available for home fans if we need it.

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I make it 217 seats left.

Cardiff217.png

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Another 200 odd seats have just been made available in both the WSL and the EAST STAND UPPER??

I thought the later was sold out fully to STH's?

How many more pockets of tickets have the club not sold?

Don't they have 500 tickets put aside for FA, other clubs and players allocations, I imagine these people must cliam them up to a certain time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another 200 odd seats have just been made available in both the WSL and the EAST STAND UPPER??

I thought the later was sold out fully to STH's?

How many more pockets of tickets have the club not sold?

The club holds back a certain amount of seats so they can move fans in certain situations , back up complimentaries etc etc.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
£37 to sit in the east stand upper!

I hope the less attractive cup games aren't sold at full price this year!

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
£37 to sit in the east stand upper!

I hope the less attractive cup games aren't sold at full price this year!
People in this area of the country definitely have the money to pay these prices, they just need gentle persuasion to part with it. For the £80 or so it would cost for a couple to go to a single game for a couple of hours, that would pay for a decent evening of entertainment or a nice dinner in a restaurant.

"If you build it, they will come"

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Looks like we won't be needing the extra seats in the south stand after all - which will mean it will only be half-full at most for the Cardiff game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Looks like there are around 250 tickets left (assuming they don't release the unwanted Cardiff allocation for home fans).... most of these are in S1H. Will we shift them all by Tuesday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here