Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You said "Apart from price discrimination of selling the more expensive tickets first...."

They are not - The away teams can choose.

Strewth!

:facepalm: FFS , that is my reply to kemptown seagull (post #29) asking him where the Cardiff disabled fans would be located based on his idea that ALL the Cardiff fans should be in ESL.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
This isn't strictly true is it? The away fans are only in the eastern blocks of the south stand, so not behind the goal. I do agree tho that the way that season tickets were sold is a little bit strange - I'd have thought that block in the south which has been kept for matchdays tickets could have been made available for STHs...

My main complaint really is that they didn't release all the home blocks for STHs at the same time. That way there would have been an even distribution of STHs throughout the stadium. As it currently is, there will undoubtedly be games where there are large chunks of empty seating. If all the empty seats were dotted around, this would be much less noticeable....

I also can't understand why the club didn't continue selling STs right up until (and even beyond) the start of the season. I imagine this is something to do with the need to print the smart cards etc, but it seems ridiculous that someone wanting a ST a month before the season starts has to be put on a waiting list for the following season even though there are still around a thousand seats they could sell as STs.

I agree but as insider said on ask the club, the away fans are upto and including the goal. Albion fans are from the right of the goal ( as you look from north ). For example, if we got a penalty at home to palace, it would be palace fans behind the goal and not our own.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
I agree but as insider said on ask the club, the away fans are upto and including the goal. Albion fans are from the right of the goal ( as you look from north ). For example, if we got a penalty at home to palace, it would be palace fans behind the goal and not our own.

Incorrect - the only time away fans would be directly behind the goal in the South Stand is in the Cup if the team took its full allocation.
Directly behind the goal will always be available to home fans.
Go to the Ticket Prices section on the Albion website and you will see this clearly from the stadium plan.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Incorrect - the only time away fans would be directly behind the goal in the South Stand is in the Cup if the team took its full allocation.
Directly behind the goal will always be available to home fans.
Go to the Ticket Prices section on the Albion website and you will see this clearly from the stadium plan.

Sorry smart arse.
Matchday Ticket Prices For Away Fans At The Amex 2012/2013 Season

Insider:
No, fans will have a choice. Basically, the first batch to be sold by the away club is the corner section (including East Stand, £34, corner and behind goal, £28). Second batch is then middle section behind and to the right of the South goal as you look at it. For those clubs which don't take/sell full 10 per cent allocation, these are the tickets which may become available to Albion fans.

So there you have it. If a club takes 10% they have the blocks up to and including behind the goal. If its 15% for cup then it's up to SW corner I believe. If they don't take full allocation, it may be Albion fans if enough buy tickets. Which at the moment looks unlikely. So get used to empty seats or away fans behind the goal. Also check up on stuff before you start replying to posts with the word 'incorrect' as if it's some sort of fact, just because it's what you want to be fact.

Edited to add; just looked at the ticket prices section. That is obviously in the home price bracket as they may sell that block behind the goal if a club doesn't take it's 10%. They have to price it. As you look at it, that block directly behind the goal is AWAY fans if they take 10%.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sorry smart arse.
Matchday Ticket Prices For Away Fans At The Amex 2012/2013 Season

Insider:
No, fans will have a choice. Basically, the first batch to be sold by the away club is the corner section (including East Stand, £34, corner and behind goal, £28). Second batch is then middle section behind and to the right of the South goal as you look at it. For those clubs which don't take/sell full 10 per cent allocation, these are the tickets which may become available to Albion fans.

So there you have it. If a club takes 10% they have the blocks up to and including behind the goal. If its 15% for cup then it's up to SW corner I believe. If they don't take full allocation, it may be Albion fans if enough buy tickets. Which at the moment looks unlikely. So get used to empty seats or away fans behind the goal. Also check up on stuff before you start replying to posts with the word 'incorrect' as if it's some sort of fact, just because it's what you want to be fact.

Edited to add; just looked at the ticket prices section. That is obviously in the home price bracket as they may sell that block behind the goal if a club doesn't take it's 10%. They have to price it. As you look at it, that block directly behind the goal is AWAY fans if they take 10%.

I thought season tickets have already been sold in the block immediately behind the goal right next to the away fans (slightly strangely as you'd have thought the club would sell STs in the block closer to the west first - perhaps they wanted the bit behind the goal to always be full).

As I understand it, STHs in that area may be asked to move if there's a cup match in which the away team demand their full allocation of 15%.

It's also my understanding, that away tickets will be sold in the east first, meaning the south stand away blocks will only be occupied by teams with a half decent away following.

I thought season tickets have already been sold in the block immediately behind the goal right next to the away fans (slightly strangely as you'd have thought the club would sell STs in the block closer to the west first - perhaps they wanted the bit behind the goal to always be full).

As I understand it, STHs in that area may be asked to move if there's a cup match in which the away team demand their full allocation of 15%.

It's also my understanding, that away tickets will be sold in the east first, meaning the south stand away blocks will only be occupied by teams with a half decent away following.

This is how I understand it too

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Well obviously not.
That block is part of an away supports 10% not 15. The away clubs get that block every time if they sell enough tickets. Also at my ST meeting I asked about ST in the South and they were selling SW and first block closest to the west.

Some rumour must have gone around on here thatAlbion fans were behind the goal or that STickets were sold there. Well it doesn't appear to be true. I'm pissed off about it. The whole point of moving them was that away fans would not be behind the goal. Move them one more block into the east and one less in the south an you'd have our fans behind the Goal. I've been banging on about this for a while now. Most on here don't realise that away support will be behind the goal.
Either insider is wrong, or away fans ARE behind the goal. Does it deserve it's own thread?

Block S1G (or a good percentage of it) has been sold to STH's.

During the Season Ticket countdown thread, we were all watching these seats be snapped up. S1G finishes literally in line with the penalty spot. There are however a number of tickets here that were not ST's and these went into the match day pool.

As it stands for Cardiff, S1G is sold out and there are 5 left here for Barnsley.

The games with big visiting support will see the south split 50/50. It could go marginally in either the home/away teams favour, depending on where the tarpooling is situation, but this can only vary by a few rows.

The concourse partition on the south is in the middle, so it's either half in S1G & S1H (home) and half in S1E and S1F or the whole of the south to home fans, as will be the case for the majority of games, including the next two.

So really the worse case is that half in home and half is away.

The best case is that we take the whole of the south and fill it.

What I do wish the club would hurry up and do is put the whole of the south on sale for the next 2 games. It is clear that neither Barnsley or Cardiff will be needed more than the 2000+ we have offered already, so why not get some bums on those seats now?

It goes without saying, some fans love being close to the awayites, so may even be waiting for this to happen.

At least the need for a TIC-EX has been put on the back burner - well at least until Wednesday visit!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What I do wish the club would hurry up and do is put the whole of the south on sale for the next 2 games. It is clear that neither Barnsley or Cardiff will be needed more than the 2000+ we have offered already, so why not get some bums on those seats now?It goes without saying, some fans love being close to the awayites, so may even be waiting for this to happen.

I think the club want to sell the other tickets first so if there are any spare seats (unwanted away allocation) which are then not taken up by Albion fans, they can just close off a block or half a block to form a natural barrier of empty seats between the home and away support.

I agree that is probably what they are thinking. However, they could open up S1F.

And, at the end of the day, there will still need to be a bit or tarpooling somewhere and a line of stewards.

Although it's debateable how many of the other half of the south we will flog, it is surely a given that the current 200 odd remaining seats will sell, so get it on now!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I agree that is probably what they are thinking. However, they could open up S1F.

And, at the end of the day, there will still need to be a bit or tarpooling somewhere and a line of stewards.

Although it's debateable how many of the other half of the south we will flog, it is surely a given that the current 200 odd remaining seats will sell, so get it on now!

Sorry to be pedantic but you keep using the wrong word on this thread - it's tarpaulin!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Block S1G (or a good percentage of it) has been sold to STH's.

S1G finishes literally in line with the penalty spot. There are however a number of tickets here that were not ST's and these went into the match day pool.

Just been up the Amex to change a ticket. You are right S1G is STH. However S1G finishes just before the post of the goal, S1G is not behind the goal. S1F is currently on sale to Away fans. So there are 3 possibilities.
1.S1F is away fans.
2.S1F is home fans as other club didn't take it's allocation.
3.S1F is empty as neither home fans or away fans bought tickets.

At least it's not as bad as I thought. I'd imagine that should we not manage to sell out S1F if there are returns from away supporters, that home STH's and match by match from neighbouring blocks spread themselves out into those seats.

southe.jpg

Edited to show south stand. S1G to the right and S1F slap bang behind the goal

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Just bought by dad a ticket, in different rows in the south stand though so hopefully there are two spare seats next to each other, but I would rather its absolutely packed out and rocking!

Is there any news on how many Cardiff have sold?

S1F is on sale to away fans? Was that what they said? Or did they say S1F is reserved for away fans - which for the next 2 encounters at least will mean S1Fand S1E are returned.

Currently Barnsley and Cardiff are only offering their supporters the side (ESL - 1250 ish) and corners (SE - 800 ish).

I would be surprised if either team needed the south stand as well as last term they brought less than 800 a piece.

Look out for for S1F going on sale at the weekend is my prediction.

From experience the ticket office staff give different answers all the time when asked about tickets.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
S1F is on sale to away fans? Was that what they said? Or did they say S1F is reserved for away fans - which for the next 2 encounters at least will mean S1Fand S1E are returned.

Currently Barnsley and Cardiff are only offering their supporters the side (ESL - 1250 ish) and corners (SE - 800 ish).

I would be surprised if either team needed the south stand as well as last term they brought less than 800 a piece.

Look out for for S1F going on sale at the weekend is my prediction.

From experience the ticket office staff give different answers all the time when asked about tickets.

Isn't the entire south stand, except the corner, reserved for home fans? I thought the south stand was ST too?

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Just been up the Amex to change a ticket. You are right S1G is STH. However S1G finishes just before the post of the goal, S1G is not behind the goal. S1F is currently on sale to Away fans. So there are 3 possibilities.
1.S1F is away fans.
2.S1F is home fans as other club didn't take it's allocation.
3.S1F is empty as neither home fans or away fans bought tickets.

At least it's not as bad as I thought. I'd imagine that should we not manage to sell out S1F if there are returns from away supporters, that home STH's and match by match from neighbouring blocks spread themselves out into those seats.

southe.jpg

Edited to show south stand. S1G to the right and S1F slap bang behind the goal

The blocks as in the tickets/seat numbers are not the same as the physical blocks as shown on that plan. The blocks (numbering) go halfway across 2 physical blocks. S1G will go to level with penalty spot

If you imagine the aisle as the centre point you have half a block either side

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The blocks as in the tickets/seat numbers are not the same as the physical blocks as shown on that plan. The blocks (numbering) go halfway across 2 physical blocks. S1G will go to level with penalty spot

If you imagine the aisle as the centre point you have half a block either side

Ok yes I see what your saying. So STH up to pen spot as [MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION] said.

Currently Barnsley and Cardiff have yet to return tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here