Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think the ticket exchange will come into play for every game where the opposition take the full away allocation. That's about 10 games this term. Also, as you said, it will come into play for others if we are in the mix.

I don't think ten clubs will sell out their allocation.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
from bbc website

Expensive tickets, officious stewarding and inconvenient kick-off times are turning off fans, according to the Football Supporters' Federation (FSF).

More than 4,000 supporters replied to the FSF's 2012 National Fans' Survey.

And 92.2% of them said ticket prices were too high.

"There's a huge amount of wealth swilling among Premier League clubs, and there's no excuse to keep charging the prices they often do," said Malcolm Clarke, the FSF chairman.

“The game is playing Russian roulette when it comes to attracting younger fans”

Macolm Clarke

Football Supporters' Federation chairman

Four out of 10 respondents said they were now attending fewer games because of high ticket prices.

That is an increase on the last survey in 2009, when 25% said they were watching less live football than before.

Clarke said: "It's about time that match-going fans were rewarded with lower prices rather than having to fork out as much as £50 or £60 to watch their team at some grounds.

"But it's not just the top-flight where fans face high prices - those in the Championship and beyond can face similar hurdles in following their teams.

"We're not asking the football industry to do something out of the goodness of its heart. Self-interest should play a part as those huge TV deals will disappear if stadiums begin to look empty.

"The game is playing Russian roulette when it comes to attracting younger fans, who might start voting with their feet to become 'pub only' fans, or even turn their backs on the game altogether."

In response, a Premier League spokesman told the BBC that grounds have been at least 90% full for 15 seasons in a row, with the last four seasons seeing 92% capacity.

"So fans are clearly enjoying the football on offer," the spokesman said.

"Pricing is a matter for individual clubs, but there are a variety of ticket offers made during the season and all clubs offer concessions to young people."

Football fans' forum
•91.1% want the choice to sit or stand
•74.4% are in favour of a salary cap
•58.5% have watched a game illegally on the web
•51.6% think 'swearing & abuse is part of watching football'
•46.6% have experienced 'unfair treatment' from stewards
•45.0% have missed a game because kick-off was moved for TV
•40.5% are attending fewer games than in recent seasons
•17.7% believe referees are getting better
•12.4% think Wembley semi-finals are 'a good idea'
Source: The FSF National Fans' Survey 2012

The survey also found that nearly six out of 10 supporters said they had seen an illegal feed of a game - from an overseas satellite provider - in a pub, and more than half admitted to watching football via an unauthorised "stream" on the internet.

I don't think ten clubs will sell out their allocation.

Remember, they don't need to full sell out their allocation for the eastern half of the south not to be available to home fans. We should assume that any club who will take more than 2000 will be allocated their half of the south. Whether they sell the last 1300 is another matter, but not relevant, as they won't be available to home supporters, thus a home sell out is more likely and the TIC EX activated.

The following will likely take the whole allocation IMO

Leicester
Leeds
Forest
Wednesday
Charlton
Palace
Wolves
Millwall

Borderline ones are Bolton, Middlesbrough, Ipswich.

Then there are of course cup games and the possibility of something exciting happening where we will want these extra home tickets.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The following will likely take the whole allocation IMO

Leicester
Leeds
Wednesday
Palace
Wolves

Borderline ones are Bolton, Middlesbrough, Ipswich.

Then there are of course cup games and the possibility of something exciting happening where we will want these extra home tickets.

EFA. Maybe a wild card couple of clubs if looking like promotion candidates.

Not a chance in hell will Bolton or Ipswich and I'd be very suprised if Boro do.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Lose at home to Cardiff (likely), we don't score a goal, again, (probably) = forget about future sell outs for a while!

Ipswich, Boro, Forest and Millwall all sold out the 2600 South Stand last term. So unless you are suggesting they will bring 500 less than time around, you will not be correct. Remember, they won't need to sell out the whole of their 3300, just take it.

Looks like a good few were shifted yesterday - New of our good but very unlucky performance at Hull Maybe.

100% confident the current seats will sell out. How many / when will the rest of the south be made available?

ESU - 46
WSL - 41
South - 131

218 to go

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I'm not confident mine will sell that I put up on the official ticket exchange.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lose at home to Cardiff (likely), we don't score a goal, again, (probably) = forget about future sell outs for a while!

Miserable git. We were fantastic at home last season, so don't see why a loss is likely.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I'm not confident mine will sell that I put up on the official ticket exchange.

I thought you could only put your ticket on the exchange once all tickets had sold out?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Looks like a good few were shifted yesterday - New of our good but very unlucky performance at Hull Maybe.

100% confident the current seats will sell out. How many / when will the rest of the south be made available?

ESU - 46
WSL - 41
South - 131

218 to go

This is fantastic, mid week game against Cardiff at the AMEX and it will be the biggest home gate for probbaly 20 years and instantly break the AMEX record attendence.

If we play like we did on Saturday could easily win and CMS to score. This alone should sell the last 218 tickets.

I thought you could only put your ticket on the exchange once all tickets had sold out?

Although I don't know how to put a ticket on the exchange, the statement the other day said a ticket could be put on at any time, but you would only be paid if:-

The game is an official sell out
Your seat is purchased

rool

Jul 10, 2003

No you can put it on the exchange as soon as the match shows up in the exchange section of your online account. The earlier the better I would think.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's too much of a nightmare as I live 80 miles from the ground, especially with a home match being played on Saturday.

I live 200 miles away and it's very easy.

1. Advertise your ticket(s) on NSC.
2. Get a buyer and collect money via bank transfer or Paypal.
3. Phone the club and tell them you want paper replacement(s) to be collected from the Amex on the day of the game in the name of your buyer.

Job done.

(The club may charge a small admin fee - they're inconsistent on that - which you may want to on charge to your buyer)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I live 200 miles away and it's very easy.

1. Advertise your ticket(s) on NSC.
2. Get a buyer and collect money via bank transfer or Paypal.
3. Phone the club and tell them you want paper replacement(s) to be collected from the Amex on the day of the game in the name of your buyer.

Job done.

(The club may charge a small admin fee - they're inconsistent on that - which you may want to on charge to your buyer)

Oh furrymuff, I'll probably have more chance of selling it too.

bobbybighead

Jun 7, 2007
I think people need to put this in perspective there is a good chance we will have the second highest attendance after the Derby game this week in the championship and our gate will be better than a lot of premiership gates. We are looking at going up SOS tickets can't be cheap Blackburn and the others that have come down over the last couple of seasons still have their parachute payments. This makes it hard for us to compete with them for wages etc. I think it will be fantastic Tuesday night and the atmosphere will be unbelievable be nice to see them last few seats go maybe Michael Owen might grab some for his mates

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here