Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Captain Sir Tom Moore - *Died 2 Feb 2021*

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Looks okay. Obviously they would be bringing associated costs down over a period of time, but 45%-50% management and fundraising costs in the first year is fine. There are a number of charities which run with that as a norm.

You say obviously and let's hope that was the intention however the fact that regulators were called in, that money was paid to companies run by his family and that they refused to divulge info about the gin linkup paints a poor picture which isn't going to give confidence to potential contributors.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Haven't read the articles in detail but the family certainly weren't short of money anyway before any of it happened. Did you see the size of the garden?! And the grandson was at £21k per year Bedford boys school

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

They have to pay the inheritance tax bill somehow I suppose

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
You say obviously and let's hope that was the intention however the fact that regulators were called in, that money was paid to companies run by his family and that they refused to divulge info about the gin linkup paints a poor picture which isn't going to give confidence to potential contributors.

Yeah.

If it was all above board why did the regulator get involved?

I’ve no axe to grind here, just interested if this is dodgy or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Captain Tom Foundation was set up by the family of the famous war veteran
It reportedly tried to appoint Tom's daughter Hannah Ingram-Moore as its CEO
It was claimed a proposal was given to a regulator with a salary around £150,000
But the Charity Commission was said to have blocked the salary last summer

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The Captain Tom Foundation was set up by the family of the famous war veteran
It reportedly tried to appoint Tom's daughter Hannah Ingram-Moore as its CEO
It was claimed a proposal was given to a regulator with a salary around £150,000
But the Charity Commission was said to have blocked the salary last summer

The telling comment was that the proposed salary was equivalent to what the RSPCA pay their CEO, an organisation that raises a hundred times as much as the Captain Tom Foundation. In my opinion the daughters 'perceived' greed is likely to be the end of the organisation. Who would donate when there are alternatives! All the great work of her father undone in a few months.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The telling comment was that the proposed salary was equivalent to what the RSPCA pay their CEO, an organisation that raises a hundred times as much as the Captain Tom Foundation. In my opinion the daughters 'perceived' greed is likely to be the end of the organisation. Who would donate when there are alternatives! All the great work of her father undone in a few months.

I agree with your sentiment but the RSPCA is probably not the best example. They change their CEO frequently with high pay off's.

I'll add many years ago when a kid our neighbour was an executive for them in Horsham and he lived in a house owned by the charity. Part of his "retirement" package was the house.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree with your sentiment but the RSPCA is probably not the best example. They change their CEO frequently with high pay off's.

I'll add many years ago when a kid our neighbour was an executive for them in Horsham and he lived in a house owned by the charity. Part of his "retirement" package was the house.

It has raised my eyebrow, Roger Moore style, over the years when reading the “owner’s cars” section of car magazines I bought. It piqued my interest every time the job description was CEO of some charity that the car was an extremely exotic and expensive car.

Random I know but it has made me question just how much these head honchos take from their “charity”

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nice video from the daughter - recorded outside a villa in Barbados - for someone allegedly in PR, she seems to need some real help because none of this is a good look

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Nice video from the daughter - recorded outside a villa in Barbados - for someone allegedly in PR, she seems to need some real help because none of this is a good look
I thought the Barbados backlash was from a year ago, or is this something new?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The proposed salary for the daughter was also way above the norm for a charity of this size. They backtracked on the appointment as soon as the regulator started asking questions. I missed this thread first time around but some of the posts supporting the daughter are from people who usually cry corruption at the first opportunity in other scenarios…

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...foundation-charity-daughter-b2018320.html?amp

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don’t think it was - was joking

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This STANK from the moment it was flagged up ages ago, if true it’s disgusting and immoral.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This STANK from the moment it was flagged up ages ago, if true it’s disgusting and immoral.

I agree wholeheartedly. I thought it was clear right from the start that they were “on the make”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here