Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Captain Sir Tom Moore - *Died 2 Feb 2021*

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's yet another example of a social media-led outpouring of anger about something said or done, by people whose life it doesn't *really* affect and an action that will be largely forgotten within weeks/months. It happens time and time again.

I'm not saying I agree with what she did, I just can't muster up enough enthusiasm to be too bothered about it :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Apathy seems to be a growing disease in this great nation of ours.

You might revel in this kind of culture war stirring nonsense, some of us see it for what it is and can’t be bothered to get worked up about it. It’s newspapers stoking gullible people into outrage. It’s “news” for the angry and gullible. You are the perfect victim for their manipulation.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You might revel in this kind of culture war stirring nonsense, some of us see it for what it is and can’t be bothered to get worked up about it. It’s newspapers stoking gullible people into outrage. It’s “news” for the angry and gullible. You are the perfect victim for their manipulation.

Blimey, what an OTT response.

Calm down

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good fundraising opportunity for his family again

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Blimey, what an OTT response.

Calm down

Your old diversionary Bear Pit tactics of “calm down” etc don’t work on me. I’m The Clamp. You’ll have to do better than that. You’re bringing a fart to a shit fight.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Your old diversionary Bear Pit tactics of “calm down” etc don’t work on me. I’m The Clamp. You’ll have to do better than that. You’re bringing a fart to a shit fight.

You are going to have to be more specific. 'The Clamp'?

a) Silage Clamp
b) Band Clamp
c) Nipple Clamp
d) Toggle Clamp
e) some other sort of Clamp that actually makes sense

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You are going to have to be more specific. 'The Clamp'?

a) Silage Clamp
b) Band Clamp
c) Nipple Clamp
d) Toggle Clamp
e) some other sort of Clamp that actually makes sense

No personal slanging matches on the main board please

And the climate activist gets another bounce for her actions :facepalm:

You made me do it :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Apathy seems to be a growing disease in this great nation of ours.

About stuff that has NOTHING to do with me directly – and something that I have no control over, yes.

Walk a day in my shoes and you'd soon see that stories about whether or not 'celebs' jumped a queue, someone on Twitter outing themselves as a conspiracy theorist (and subsequently getting 'cancelled') or a famous person cheating on another famous person fails to register on my GiveA****-ometer.

Get over yourself!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Madeleine Budd pleaded guilty at Westminster Magistrates court, to criminal damage, and is remanded in custody until October 25th. The judge said the sentence is likely to be six months imprisonment, and also rejected an appeal for bail.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seems a harsh punishment for stupidity.

I am inclined to agree. Criminal damage is a smallish crime although outrage at her target is understandable. It's the first time I've heard of someone pleading guilty but put in custody awaiting sentence.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
A reprehensible crime but if she is given 6 months for this then I would question the logic behind it, many violent crimes and thefts don't get punished that strongly and certainly crimes against wildlife don't.

The likely sentence is there to deter protest of any kind and of course its a simple win for the establishment to say how they are tough on crime whilst Brighton gets covered in Graffiti , bikes are stolen at an alarming rate , physical violence in the streets continues and things show no sign of improving. .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A reprehensible crime but if she is given 6 months for this then I would question the logic behind it, many violent crimes and thefts don't get punished that strongly and certainly crimes against wildlife don't.

The likely sentence is there to deter protest of any kind and of course its a simple win for the establishment to say how they are tough on crime whilst Brighton gets covered in Graffiti , bikes are stolen at an alarming rate , physical violence in the streets continues and things show no sign of improving. .

Quite. Prison is for dangerous people. I despair sometimes.

She'd be of better service spending time cleaning up graffiti as part of a community sentence. That's not 'getting away with it'

But it all gets political and pandering to outrage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here