Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cappelo to leave after Euro 2012

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone heard of the german coach prior to the world cup ?
What had he done... he would have laughed of in this country as a rubbish coach if he was english.

Sorry?

The man that got them to the Euro 2008 final and was Klinsmann's number 2 in 2006 and considered to be the brains behind their sucess there.

Of course people had heard of Lowe prior to the 2010 World Cup.

Oct 25, 2003
germany also have several managers managing other nations, i think they had two others at the world cup? rehegal with greece and hitzfeld with switzerland

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What had he done... he would have laughed of in this country as a rubbish coach if he was english.

this might help you

Joachim Löw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

manager in Germany and abroad before being assistant, so I'd go with people had heard of him yeah. Have we got anyone similar bar Hodgson?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hodgson for me. Only other person I would consider would be Stuart Pearce, talk about passion!!
Hard to know what to say to that. How on earth does 'passion' qualify you to be England manager?

Have a look at Alf Ramsey 'celebrating' Hurst's third goal in 1966. Not a flicker of emotion, not a trace of passion. He said afterards he was admiring the effort of the persuing German defender.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Are you for real? I'd often wondered whether you were a spoof account ...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
The FA are breathtakingly stupid to have declared that the next man must be English. Why must it? You get the best man in for the job and if that's a non Englishman so be it. But instead they are letting the xenophobic tabloid press set the agenda. Idiots.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

assistant to klinsmann so learnt the international trade in that way - much like mcclaren's route to the job

yes, the steve mcclaren who was then appointed as manager and was deemed by the press and a large majority of the fans to be completely useless

probably has done the best out of any english club manager in the world last season though

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
assistant to klinsmann so learnt the international trade in that way - much like mcclaren's route to the job

yes, the steve mcclaren who was then appointed as manager and was deemed by the press and a large majority of the fans to be completely useless

probably has done the best out of any english club manager in the world last season though

Scotty, he was ridiculed on here after the England job, great manager who had a great deal of misfortune and probably got the job at the wrong time. Must be a leading contender to replace Capello if he would want it again.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The FA are breathtakingly stupid to have declared that the next man must be English. Why must it? You get the best man in for the job and if that's a non Englishman so be it. But instead they are letting the xenophobic tabloid press set the agenda. Idiots.
Totally agree. The rules state that you can have a foreign coach. We, being English, have added our own extra rule by stating that the next coach 'must be English'. What is it with us and rules in this country? Aren't there enough rules and regulation surrounding football already without the need to invent (and adhere to) extra ones?

We get the best man for the job; if he's foreign he's foreign. Of course ideally he'd be English, but why handicap ourselves unnecessarily?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Scotty, he was ridiculed on here after the England job, great manager who had a great deal of misfortune and probably got the job at the wrong time. Must be a leading contender to replace Capello if he would want it again.

he got the job at the wrong time because of their desperation to have an english manager - unfortunately, the backlash that will follow should he even be considered again means that no matter what he achieves abroad he wont get another crack at the top job

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I dont see why we cant have pierce as manager, with a tactical man as his assistant.

Keeps the press happy as he is English and he hasnt exactlyvdone too badly with the U21's (who would be the majority of players in the senior squad by 2012)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sorry?

The man that got them to the Euro 2008 final and was Klinsmann's number 2 in 2006 and considered to be the brains behind their sucess there.

Of course people had heard of Lowe prior to the 2010 World Cup.

ok but who knew him before he was appointed is my point...

As far as im concerned if Capello isnt taking us to the World Cup he might as well go now.

Whats the point, its all about WC in my opinion, and id rather a new man in place so he can have a decent run at it before the next WC.

After the Euro's it dosent give the new guy enough time.

GO now please.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Totally agree. The rules state that you can have a foreign coach. We, being English, have added our own extra rule by stating that the next coach 'must be English'. What is it with us and rules in this country? Aren't there enough rules and regulation surrounding football already without the need to invent (and adhere to) extra ones?

We get the best man for the job; if he's foreign he's foreign. Of course ideally he'd be English, but why handicap ourselves unnecessarily?

Because the FA are in charge.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

This is England

The Coach should be English
The Asst Coach should be English
The Goalkeeping Coach should be English
The Doctors should be English
The Kit Man should be English

The Team is England not the United Nations....

We dont want Almunia.
We dont want Arteta.

Jamie Carrragher is spot on with this, everything and everyone involved in the Englad set up should be English.

That is not xenophobic, it is the way it should be with all National teams.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would happily stand to be corrected on this, because I can't be bothered to check them all, but don't ALL the other better countries have and have always had (maybe always will) homegrown managers?

I am thinking Italy, Holland, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden...if that is right, you can't simply dismiss it as xenophobic, for one reason or another all these countries feel the national side will best be put together, coached and motivated by a compatriot if possible.

I would actually agree that the FA have unnecessarily limited their 2012 options, you want the best man for the job. But I also think most people in this country would, given candidates of EQUAL ability (and no, they're not at the moment) want an Englishman in charge. At the very least we'd all like to see a conveyor belt of talented young English coaches in positions of responsibility and providing a decent shortlist, just like we'd all like to see a talented crop of young English players playing regularly in the top flight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here