Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cappelo to leave after Euro 2012

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not really no, what did they win.... ? that seems to be the only criteria that matter to people with regard to the england manager on here.
He was sacked wasnt he, just like Hoddle at Spurs.

Success at club level means nothing really when it comes to managing england.

:facepalm:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sven was another Dinosaur of a manager, unprepared to change same as Capello.
Best generation of players we have had and he ruined it.

People say the players are not good enough but they were

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yes reaally, what did they win.... ? that seems to be the only criteria that matter to people with regard to the england manager on here.
If he had been a success they would have kept him.
He was sacked wasnt he, just like Hoddle at Spurs.

Success at club level means nothing really when it comes to managing england.

Your only criterion is 'they must be English...' :wozza:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Your only criterion is 'they must be English...' :wozza:

This time around yes.

I was happy for Hiddink\Wenger\Mourinho if were talking the best last time.
Foreign managers who can actually speak English.....

But this time for me it has to be an English Manager.

This time around yes.

That makes even less sense! Are you deliberately talking yourself into circles?

Why was it okay to bring in a foreign coach last time, but it isn't this time?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This time around yes.

You are still yet to make the case for this.

Bearing in mind that it has been established on here that none of them are good enough to compete with the best of the foreign international managers, your only recourse is to preach dogma.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ask Mourinho or any top International manager if he thinks the England players are good enough to do way better than they are..... or have in the last 10 years

They will all say yes

Did you watch Germany crucify England? Did you?

In terms of tactics, application, spirit, intelligence, wit, it was a masterclass in Men v Boys.

On every single level mentioned there - ALL OF THEM - England were shown up to be second best by a street.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

In terms of tactics, application, spirit, intelligence, wit, it was a masterclass in Men v Boys.

On every single level mentioned there - ALL OF THEM - England were shown up to be second best by a street.

Beacuse we were playing the wrong tactics and no one wants to Play for Capello.

If you havent got that you have nothing, which is why we are so poor.

And i know that should not matter but it does.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As i said previously you cannot judge Shearer on his 7 weeks if that at Newcastle when that club was a shambles.

Wil, people please get over this must have won a major trophy, must be managing in Champ League bollox.
Sure ideal but not a reason to discount someone.
Firstly what else are we supposed to judge him on? What other managerial experience has he got?

Secondly as you say Newcastle was a shambles when he took over (about the only accurate statement you've made on this entire thread) - and he was unable to turn it round. You reckon England are a shambles under Capello, and yet you'd be quite happy to see someone who has demonstrated that he CAN'T salvage a sinking ship take over instead!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I would agree with you. However, vastly experienced Swiss coach Ottmar Hitzfeld, Champions League winner etc etc, totally disagreed with that view only last week. He reckoned that if it had been 2-2 at half-time, as it should have been, it would have been a totally different game, and we opened ourselves up to counter-attacks as we chased it. As a result, he can't understand all the criticism of Capello. You can't dismiss that view as one from a clown, although it does make you wonder if he watched it...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would agree with you. However, vastly experienced Swiss coach Ottmar Hitzfeld, Champions League winner etc etc, totally disagreed with that view only last week. He reckoned that if it had been 2-2 at half-time, as it should have been, it would have been a totally different game, and we opened ourselves up to counter-attacks as we chased it. As a result, he can't understand all the criticism of Capello. You can't dismiss that view as one from a clown, although it does make you wonder if he watched it...

I have to agree with this. The dynamics of the game would have totally changed if lampard's goal had stood.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I have to agree with this. The dynamics of the game would have totally changed if lampard's goal had stood.

I'm not SO sure.

We came out chased the game like we were three down with 10 minutes to go, rather than one down with 45 to go.

Brainless.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not SO sure.

We came out chased the game like we were three down with 10 minutes to go, rather than one down with 45 to go.

Brainless.

Nobody can be sure but you're missing the point that the Germans would have gone in having lost a two goal lead. England would have been on the up. As it happened, we were chasing the game in the knowledge that a legitimate goal had been disallowed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here