Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can't believe Walsall isn't sold out yet

lichfield seagulls

Sep 13, 2008
lichfield~by~the~sea
you could try london midland website. London Euston to Lichfield Trent Valley £13 rtn. Then Lichfield Trent Valley to Walsall £3.75 rtn. you would need to change at Aston to get to Walsall but trains are regular. Journey takes a little longer (1 hour from Lichfield to Walsall journey) but living in Lichfield myself it is a good stop off place and only 8 miles from Walsall if you prefer to take the bus

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would not rely on London Midland for the main part of any journey at present as they are in perpetual industrial dispute and overtime bans.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I would not rely on London Midland for the main part of any journey at present as they are in perpetual industrial dispute and overtime bans.

I train in to New Street every day - Lon Mid are a shambles at the mo with cancellations all over the place - as Beachy says - check on National Rail Enquiries first

Bescot is my local away - a 20 minute drive for me .... woo-hoo

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
i think ive worked it out. this is for me and my 12 year old so if youre on your own it will be a bit cheaper

southern day save will pay for you to get to mk and include tube travel £12 + £1 for a kid . there arent any southern trains to mk so jump on a london midland train from euston to birmingham new street which goes via mk . but you only have to buy a return from mk to brum new street as your southern day save covers you to mk £12.40 return then a return brum new street to bescott £2.35 = £27.75 ...... not bad!!

You've sussed it.
Many thanks to whoever posted the info regarding ticket acceptance on London Midland trains. Means i can go the cheap daysave way now.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
i think ive worked it out. this is for me and my 12 year old so if youre on your own it will be a bit cheaper

southern day save will pay for you to get to mk and include tube travel £12 + £1 for a kid . there arent any southern trains to mk so jump on a london midland train from euston to birmingham new street which goes via mk . but you only have to buy a return from mk to brum new street as your southern day save covers you to mk £12.40 return then a return brum new street to bescott £2.35 = £27.75 ...... not bad!!

Where do you get your prices for mk to Birm new street from as national rail enquiries are stating £25.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm sorry if I'm being stupid but how does a southern day save get you to Milton Keynes if there are no southern trains that go to Milton Keynes.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Because someone posted earlier on this thread that southern say you can use London midland services to get to mk . So get a slow train from euston to brum new street which goes via mk then you only need buy a ticket from mk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just don't travel on a Virgin Train otherwise you will be charged the full fare.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just don't travel on a Virgin Train otherwise you will be charged the full fare.

Like what we've done - £44.30 return from Euston - Bescot :down: Oh well, at least my travel to Euston is covered by my London season ticket.

As for ticket sales, if it's not sold out yet, I bet it will be come Monday if Huddersfield win today (or, say it quietly, we don't).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll be on the 10:23 ex Euston - should be a grand day out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Definitely going there, should be great

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Has everyone had their tickets delivered? Ordered mine weeks ago but still not turned up :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here