Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can't believe Walsall isn't sold out yet

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
southern day saver 4 for 24 quid to milton keynes,then 4 for 2 on the day from milton keynes to walsall 9 quid

I looked into that, but there were seemingly no Southern trains back from Milton Keynes, so you'd have to buy another ticket for the return journey from there.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I looked into that, but there were seemingly no Southern trains back from Milton Keynes, so you'd have to buy another ticket for the return journey from there.

This is precisely why my group decided to drive - train was just too complicated/expensive. However, I've just take a closer look and it seems as if there might be the option of using the Southern Daysave ticket on non-Southern trains:

"Track improvements and maintenance are taking place from 01:00 on 16/04/11 to 01:00 on 17/04/11 between Clapham Junction and Kensington Olympia.

Owing to engineering works between Clapham Junction and Kensington Olympia, Southern services to Shepherds Bush, Watford Junction and Milton Keynes will not run. - Ticket acceptance will be in place for passengers to use London Underground Victoria Line between London Victoria and London Euston and London Midland services for onward travel to/from Watford Junction & Milton Keynes. - Further Information is available from National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50."

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
so if you use the southern day save you have to go via milton keynes on a london midland train from euston? then change at mk for birmingham new street? they really could make train travel a bit easier to work out

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
so if you use the southern day save you have to go via milton keynes on a london midland train from euston? then change at mk for birmingham new street? they really could make train travel a bit easier to work out

it's a joy using the southern daysaves on the tube :rolleyes:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i think ive worked it out. this is for me and my 12 year old so if youre on your own it will be a bit cheaper

southern day save will pay for you to get to mk and include tube travel £12 + £1 for a kid . there arent any southern trains to mk so jump on a london midland train from euston to birmingham new street which goes via mk . but you only have to buy a return from mk to brum new street as your southern day save covers you to mk £12.40 return then a return brum new street to bescott £2.35 = £27.75 ...... not bad!!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Anyone know what watering holes to meet in? Never been to Warsaw before.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Do you know how frequent these trains are?

11:03 London Euston [EUS] Birmingham New Street [BHM] 12:27
12:47 Birmingham New Street [BHM] Bescot Stadium [BSC] 13:08

11:23 London Euston [EUS] Birmingham New Street [BHM] 12:45
13:17 Birmingham New Street [BHM] Bescot Stadium [BSC] 13:38

12:03 London Euston [EUS] Birmingham New Street [BHM] 13:27
13:47 Birmingham New Street [BHM] Bescot Stadium [BSC] 14:08

12:23 London Euston [EUS] Birmingham New Street [BHM] 13:45
14:17 Birmingham New Street [BHM] Bescot Stadium [BSC] 14:38

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going a bit earlier than that - Sadlers Club anyone ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last time ended up in a shithole of a pub a few stations down in Hamstead with Spanish Sky and no ale on San Miquel on tap.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Still going to this but will have to be tickets on the day and hope to get in away end with non Brighton supporting cousins otherwise slum it with the home boys. Pre/post game drinks so I can mix with some Albion would be good though! Am staying Nuneaton so only a short drive for us and hopefully get there for lunch and ales well before :)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Just got 4 tickets for this and decided to drive up the night before as Travel Lodge close to the ground offering twin rooms for £29.
Gives us plenty of time for a pint before the game:p

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just got 2 tickets as I can't see this being POTD and my brummie accent ain't too good for the home ends. :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here