Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you keep up ?

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Today was only Saints 3rd away win in the last 14 away games, and the 1st not against a side in the bottom four. That's not top 2 form.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Good result for the Stains yesterday but they're gonna bottle it. I reckon we'll deny them a trip to Wembley in the play off semi-final :) Now, wouldn't that be fantastic?

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Today was only Saints 3rd away win in the last 14 away games, and the 1st not against a side in the bottom four. That's not top 2 form.

Yes it is if you draw your other games and win at home. We had a blip over the xmas period which we have now got over and are playing like we were in september/october. 2 weeks ago we were near the bottom of the form table, now we're 6th. I'm confident that our run in is easier than that of the teams around us and we will pick up enough points to secure auto's possibly the top spot considering West Ham's run in. I think the big thing for us now is the depth of our squad.

Also some of you bringing 'class' into the matter, those who resort to this usually lack it themselves. Have some grace and admit, like others have done, that we deserve to be at the top. We are the top goalscorers and have the best GD and most importantly, the most points (for the time being).

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
As was perfectly demonstrated on the 2nd of January, and the following three results where Richard was out, they are a one man team.

Seriously, there's a hell of a lot of u posting without checkig the facts. Maybe go on our OS and see we won the next 2 games after the amex game and maybe some of u can see that our average attendance is 25k.

Fact is were back playing like we were a few months ago and fair enough we need key players to stay fit, but if they do I can't see anything but promotion. Call it arrogance but u would be the exactly the same in our position.

And whilst a lot of u seem to be questioning our attendances, seriously I'm interested to know what u think ur crowds will be like when the amex is up to 30k or whatever.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

Our entire way form this season is

w w l d l d d w l l d l d l w d d w

So u see out of the 14 games u mention the last 4 is a noticeable improvement.

Winchelsea.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Saints got found out at our place, take Lambert off them and they are very ordinary. The Adkins genius tactic to knock in deep crosses to the back post for Lambert has undone most teams in the Championship. Look at Saints goals yesterday, I think they were all from deep crosses to Lambert. Its boring, dull and more teams have worked you out. I think Saints will drop into the play off places. Reading might nick 2nd to West Ham.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Seriously, there's a hell of a lot of u posting without checkig the facts. Maybe go on our OS and see we won the next 2 games after the amex game and maybe some of u can see that our average attendance is 25k.

Fact is were back playing like we were a few months ago and fair enough we need key players to stay fit, but if they do I can't see anything but promotion. Call it arrogance but u would be the exactly the same in our position.

And whilst a lot of u seem to be questioning our attendances, seriously I'm interested to know what u think ur crowds will be like when the amex is up to 30k or whatever.

If we were top two in Championship it would be full up - not in low 20k's.

I am amazed at Saints managing to keep up their promotion campaign as they were poor at The Amex however fair play to them - West Ham looking shaky but Reading coming on strong - Saints may go automatic up with Reading but they are very reliant on Lambert.

My problem with Southampton is Adkins - whenever they win he is bursting over like a child "great team , great support, great this etc" yet when they lose he never credits the opposition . He is just an overrated twat , hence my wish for Saints to fall down league.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Saints got found out at our place, take Lambert off them and they are very ordinary. The Adkins genius tactic to knock in deep crosses to the back post for Lambert has undone most teams in the Championship. Look at Saints goals yesterday, I think they were all from deep crosses to Lambert. Its boring, dull and more teams have worked you out. I think Saints will drop into the play off places. Reading might nick 2nd to West Ham.

I think any team with 10 men would struggle, had we been injured and someone replaced him, I don't think it would have been the same result. Yesterday only our first was a long ball into the box. Hardly dull and boring if you can score from it... I think you have a hint of jealousy as you're unable to employ a direct tactic like we are able to. Also we pass the ball, there is no hoofing, just listen to how the skate claridge raves about our pass and move football.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

Again , just dreaming up facts. Go and see the FL show on Iplayer.

Seriously can't wait to bounce this thread late April.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think any team with 10 men would struggle, had we been injured and someone replaced him, I don't think it would have been the same result. Yesterday only our first was a long ball into the box. Hardly dull and boring if you can score from it... I think you have a hint of jealousy as you're unable to employ a direct tactic like we are able to. Also we pass the ball, there is no hoofing, just listen to how the skate claridge raves about our pass and move football.

I am in no way Jealous of Southampton, I prefer our football to yours, thats just me. The knock it up to Lambert on the back post tactic is an old one. You have some very good players that work off the 2nd balls he creates but when Lambert is out of the team, 10 men or otherwise, your main attacking tactic is gone. Or do you have a back up plan?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
If we were top two in Championship it would be full up - not in low 20k's.

I am amazed at Saints managing to keep up their promotion campaign as they were poor at The Amex however fair play to them - West Ham looking shaky but Reading coming on strong - Saints may go automatic up with Reading but they are very reliant on Lambert.

My problem with Southampton is Adkins - whenever they win he is bursting over like a child "great team , great support, great this etc" yet when they lose he never credits the opposition . He is just an overrated twat , hence my wish for Saints to fall down league.

Actually I don't believe u would get over 25k average if u had a 32.5 k ground and were top of the league as we are.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I am in no way Jealous of Southampton, I prefer our football to yours, thats just me. The knock it up to Lambert on the back post tactic is an old one. You have some very good players that work off the 2nd balls he creates but when Lambert is out of the team, 10 men or otherwise, your main attacking tactic is gone. Or do you have a back up plan?

Thats not the way we play. That's a way we can play if the opposition and often pitch dictate it. Its called being adaptable and why were top.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f*** sake five pages and they are not even rivals. Its bullshit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have reported this thread because in truth it should never have been started and adds argument to an away fans section.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can't wait until the play-offs , knock out Saints and then play for the fun of it at Wembley :lolol:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Thats not the way we play. That's a way we can play if the opposition and often pitch dictate it. Its called being adaptable and why were top.

If you say so, you watch more of them than I do. But I have seen a few games, against us twice a few on TV and highlights. To me it seems deep cross to Lambert on the back post is the most used tactic. Look at your highlights on Football league show, all but one chance they showed started with a deep cross to the back post.

if you don't agree, we'll just agree to disagree. See you in the Playoff Final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here