Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I reckon agents must be telling players .... "look I can get you a move, but you have to burn your bridge at your current club. If you do, that will lower the transfer fee, and that means I can get you a better signing on fee"

Unless .... Anthony Bloom's the owner.

Cucurella through Romano tried every trick in the book, with no detrimental effect on the transfer fee :lolol: :ascarf:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Making yourself a hate figure is always a bad idea for a goalkeeper. It's much harder to avoid the abuse from the stand when you can't run away from it like an outfield player can.

We have 4 games left and he is supposedly paid about £50K a week, yet he is refusing to travel and sit on the bench for them. What an absolute bellend. In any other industry that would be gross misconduct.

I really don't understand how these people think sometimes. He has seen first hand how Bloom handed Cucurella trying to force a move and how we ended up making Chelsea pay a hugely inflated fee for him, meaning he was the target for abuse at his new club when he didn't immediately perform to expectations. Why not just knuckle down for the remaining 3 weeks and then quietly asked to be allowed to leave, and go on good terms, leaving the door open?

People really are idiots sometimes.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Off to Spurs I am reliably told. Agreement in principle. Surprised Romano hasn’t had the email with this yet.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Shame.

On one hand I can understand someone being disappointed when they're not getting to do the thing they're good at doing.

But on the other: don't be a prick, Bob.
He got to do the thing he's good at doing when Potter dropped Ryan and put him in. When the same thing is done to him a couple of years later he throw his toys out the pram. You'd think he'd understand.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Hearing the fee is £35m, with clauses potentially going to £45m.

Seems a very good fee to me!

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
They have very dissimilar sets (ie Sanchez' is much larger, if we're talking about PL appearances). Also the stats aren't (I presume) taking into account the difficulty/quality of the saves.
The best stat for taking into account quality of shot is post shot xG - Goals Against.

Sanchez sits at -0.13 for the past 12 months whereas Steele is at -0.09, however Steele has not played anywhere near as many games so it's hard to tell but I think Sanchez is better at shot stopping.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
David Raya must be going somewhere better then.

Assuming spurs new manager would want a say on this. Graham is a massive Sanchez fan 👀

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If he goes, who should we look to bring in as a replacement or do we give Rushworth the number 2 spot on the bench?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Tough job - the toughest …. Were any of his mistakes (or those of any keeper) the equivalent of a striker hitting it so far over the bar or so far wide of the goal … or any outfield player’s hospital pass that gets intercepted? Goalkeepers are criticised more than anyone else.
There's a reason they say you have to be crazy to be a goalkeeper.

One wrongly positioned limb and your team is down a goal. It's incredibly unforgiving.

But either you have the mentality to deal with pressure or you don't, I was a decent keeper because I didn't let pressure get to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here