Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Naylor just tweeted “De Zerbi, asked if Sanchez is training with the squad at the moment: "He decided everything. Robert decided everything at the moment. He wanted it this way (not travelling to be on the bench). Not me, not the club."

Sounds like Sanchez is on the way out.
But didn't we already know this?

RDZ was never going to drop Sanchez out of the squad voluntarily. He would much prefer him coming on than McGill if Steele got injured.

Sanchez absolutely on his way. Fair enough. If we wants out, thanks for all you've done Robbie. We'll make sure we get a good price for you.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Had a tantrum, then? RdZ values squad players, clearly this is why they've fallen out.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hasn’t really kicked on as expected. A fair number of ‘concentration’ mistakes and his distribution isn’t good enough for the way we’re going to play going forward. A shame for him to go like this but didn’t really see he’d find a way back under RDZ anyway. Be interesting to see how much we get for him and where from.

There is a top class keeper in there mind. I expect a change will do him good

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Having watched Sanchez in his early days with the club i was impressed with his ability and pleased to see him become a first team regular. BUT if true that he has acted all "billy big bollocks" and refused to travel with the team to Arsenal then i'm sorry but i will also now be pleased to see him leave.
Sure he may have some personal grievance that we are not party to but what he has done in my book is like sticking up a middle finger to both the club and, even more so, us the supporters.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sanchez is a fantastic goalkeeper for his age, I think recency bias really does cloud people.

Steele is a decent keeper but better footballer and so better suited currently to RDZ style.

I hope Sanchez doesn’t go as it’s short term gain long term pain if he does, it would cost a lot of money to replace a goalkeeper of his quality.
You'd think that rather than spending all the money to replace a goalkeeper of his quality, it would be quicker and easier to just teach him to pass the ball better.

Sounds like it's all academic now anyway, he's off. What a knob.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He is still under contract so, in those circumstances, could be “made” to play. But if a player doesn’t want to be here, then I’d rather they went personally. It hasn’t affected us much in the past. Mitoma for Trossard, Caicedo for Bissouma, Sanchez for Ryan, Webster for White, Estupinan for Cucurella, RDZ for Potter. We’ve had a succession plan which has been flawless. I’m looking forward to seeing 12 year old Maximiolio Catchyballio signed from Bocca Juniors under 13s for £4 come into the first team next season before being sold for £250mmin 3 years time to the disgust of every entitled arsenal fan.
That's fine, but just sort it out at the end of the season! Not at a time where he – an employee of the club – could be called upon to do his job!

Obviously we don't know the ins and outs of what was said or what happened but, on the face of it, the downing of tools is NOT a good look. It's also a bit of a ref flag to potential suitors who might get the same treatment further down the line if they SING him.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Disappointing.

Hope we get a good fee for him.

I'm not going to put the boot in though as we have no idea what's happened. Has Sanchez refused to train/play or has he been exiled?

Saying:

He decided everything. Robert decided everything at the moment. He wanted it this way (not traveling to be on the bench). Not me, not the club.

doesn't really tell us much.

We know it's my way or the high way with De Zerbi so it's perfectly feasible(at this point) to suggest that Sanchez was given the option of doing A and being part of the team or doing B and not being involved.

That scenario is different in my opinion to outright downing tools.

I guess in the fullness of time we'll find out what happened.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
That's fine, but just sort it out at the end of the season! Not at a time where he – an employee of the club – could be called upon to do his job!

Obviously we don't know the ins and outs of what was said or what happened but, on the face of it, the downing of tools is NOT a good look. It's also a bit of a ref flag to potential suitors who might get the same treatment further down the line if they SING him.
Very fair points.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I like both Steele and Sanchez. Either in goal is fine by me. It’s a shame that we appear to be losing Sanchez but, in his defence, he is superb keeper who is apparently nearly out of contract. if he has been to,d he isn’t first choice anymore, it’s not unreasonable for him to be looking at other options. The season is almost over so maybe this isn’t so much about toys out of the pram as being available to speak to other clubs as and when he wants to?
This is an incredibly sympathetic reading! The season absolutely isn't over and he's got a job to do. To compete, be ready and support his colleagues.

What a time to act like a prick. All he has to do is wait a few weeks snd he can knob off on his own terms. Total arrogance.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Disappointing.

Hope we get a good fee for him.

I'm not going to put the boot in though as we have no idea what's happened. Has Sanchez refused to train/play or has he been exiled?

Saying:

He decided everything. Robert decided everything at the moment. He wanted it this way (not traveling to be on the bench). Not me, not the club.

doesn't really tell us much.

We know it's my way or the high way with De Zerbi so it's perfectly feasible(at this point) to suggest that Sanchez was given the option of doing A and being part of the team or doing B and not being involved.

That scenario is different in my opinion to outright downing tools.

I guess in the fullness of time we'll find out what happened.
Who choses Option B at this stage of this the season though?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Terrible mentality from Sanchez. Hope he learns before it ruins his career

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Who choses Option B at this stage of this the season though?
Depends on what option A is. There is always a choice but sometimes it's not much of one.

I have no idea of what's happened. I would be surprised (and very disappointed) though if it was as straight forward as Sanchez having a strop because he's not playing and refusing to be on the bench/train with the team.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You'd think that rather than spending all the money to replace a goalkeeper of his quality, it would be quicker and easier to just teach him to pass the ball better.

Sounds like it's all academic now anyway, he's off. What a knob.
Obviously it's not the case that Robbie hasn't been trying to pass the ball better. And to be clear he's far from bad at passing

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I reckon agents must be telling players .... "look I can get you a move, but you have to burn your bridge at your current club. If you do, that will lower the transfer fee, and that means I can get you a better signing on fee"

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It's been obvious for a while that he might be off. He's had a face like a slapped arse since being dropped (if you can tell the difference) and when the players are lined up in the tunnel he's just walked past without looking or acknowledging the team.
Other subs wish them luck as they pass.
Shame really as I liked him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here