Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
His bad attitude and face like a smacked arse would do the depleted but battle hardened squad no good at all so it’s best that he’s not around.

It was great to see the likes of Lallana, lamptey, Webster, Sarmiento (?) around the changing rooms celebrating with the players and helping the youngsters.

Sanchez would have been out of place.

I wonder if a deal has been done that only an injury could spoil.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Amazed at how many poster are throwing Big Bob under the bus! Some people have very short memories. He is and will continue to be one of the best keepers in the league. Steele is doing ok and is a better keeper with his feet but Sanchez is no slouch with his feet (remember the goal he set up at Anfield) and Bob is by far the superior keeper in every other aspect. He has made a few mistakes but he is a young keeper. I don’t remember him volleying one in his own net yet. All keepers will make mistakes!
It's a bit like cricket. (Bear with me). Do you pick the best wicketkeeper who can bat a bit? Or do you go for a good batsman who can also keep wicket?

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Sad to hear. What happened to fighting for your place ? An injury or a couple of iffy games from Steele and Sanchez is back in the picture. No player can ever be considered undroppable.

Maybe there's some other factor in the background here. It didn't take long for things to go sour with Trossard. RDZ doesn't suffer fools, it would appear.
I wouldn’t associate fighting and Sanchez in the same sentence. Sleeping, more like it. Trossard was the same. Caceido, well that’s an association I can make.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I do hope his absence is for personal/family reasons and NOT just having a strop at losing his place.

He should be professional enough to be on the bench, unless he has a genuine family issue that we're not aware of. His absence could cost us if Steele got a red with such little experience on the bench as back up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I do hope his absence is for personal/family reasons and NOT just having a strop at losing his place.
What makes you think there is any chance of the above ?

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
I was happy with Sanchez in goal - he made some mistakes but even now he’s still improving.

Tough job - the toughest …. Were any of his mistakes (or those of any keeper) the equivalent of a striker hitting it so far over the bar or so far wide of the goal … or any outfield player’s hospital pass that gets intercepted? Goalkeepers are criticised more than anyone else.

From his point of view - if Steele isn’t getting dropped after the Everton game then clearly he’s only getting back in if Steele is injured. However I would expect him to be professional enough to be on the bench for the last 5 matches of the season. Don’t know what’s gone on but I will be a bit disappointed if he didn’t want to see out the season because he’s only second keeper. Having said that I will still wish him well wherever he goes

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
What makes you think there is any chance of the above ?
Because it's not been disclosed. I suspect it is a strop, yes, but if he had a mother, father, or other family member ill then I would have sympathy, like we all did with Knocky a few years ago.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
"I spoke with Robert before the Arsenal game and we decided together that the best solution was for him to stay at home."

That's the quote and is clearly indicative of a strop/disagreement. If there was a personal issue for which we might be sympathetic I don't believe the word " solution " would have been used.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
"I spoke with Robert before the Arsenal game and we decided together that the best solution was for him to stay at home."

That's the quote and is clearly indicative of a strop/disagreement. If there was a personal issue for which we might be sympathetic I don't believe the word " solution " would have been used.
Naylor states during the presser,
De Zerbi, asked if Sanchez is training with the squad at the moment: "He decided everything. Robert decided everything at the moment. He wanted it this way (not travelling to be on the bench). Not me, not the club."

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
His bad attitude and face like a smacked arse would do the depleted but battle hardened squad no good at all so it’s best that he’s not around.

It was great to see the likes of Lallana, lamptey, Webster, Sarmiento (?) around the changing rooms celebrating with the players and helping the youngsters.

Sanchez would have been out of place.

I wonder if a deal has been done that only an injury could spoil.
Couldn't agree more.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So Bobby off to Spurs to replace Loris (another reason for de Zerbi not to go there) and Steele a possible England call-up.
Who’d have thought it?!

It does look alas like he's pulled a Trossard. Hope not tho. I was a critic of his regular flubs to be honest but backed him to sort them out with more games. Sad if we don't see the benefit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here