Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can someone explain team cycling to me?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Easy, you get groups of skinny tossers in gimp suits racing pushbikes on a public highway and causing mayhem, by obstructing cars when riding right across the carriageway. It should be banned.

D

Deleted member 18477

The French LOVE Cav, L'Equipe voted him the best ever sprinter.
He's clean as a whistle, he'll always have multiple chances, they will make sure of it.

That's good to hear! There is nothing not to like about Cav, exciting racer and really humble and passionate about his sport and family! He's up there with golden balls for me!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If any 'gongs' are to be handed out to this GB team, they'd better include Bernie Eisel :lol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The Pterodactyl seems to be dropping behind a little bit far, but what do I know. Sports involving long term tactics will never be my strength.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's great to see so many people out watching the race.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Pterodactyl seems to be dropping behind a little bit far, but what do I know. Sports involving long term tactics will never be my strength.
Other teams need to commit to helping GB.
If they do they'll be dragging Cav to the finish line.
If they don't the 24 will stay away.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Other teams need to commit to helping GB.
If they do they'll be dragging Cav to the finish line.
If they don't the 24 will stay away.

Other teams need to help GB? Have I missed something here, did it stop being the OLYMPICS? Sod helping another team, I know cycling is bizarrely detached but surely they're not more concerned about creating the best story (Cavendish winning) than they are about picking up a medal for themselves?

D

Deleted member 18477

Other teams need to help GB? Have I missed something here, did it stop being the OLYMPICS? Sod helping another team, I know cycling is bizarrely detached but surely they're not more concerned about creating the best story (Cavendish winning) than they are about picking up a medal for themselves?

If they help it'll get them nearer the front too. They all need to push on together. It's easier for All of them that way.

I actually think Team GB have left it too late.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Admittedly I don't know as much as some, but to me this seems to be going a bit Pete Tong

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

If they don't help, then they won't catch the leaders, simple.

Not looking good

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If they help it'll get them nearer the front too. They all need to push on together. It's easier for All of them that way.

Why will it? Surely if you're going to close the gap, it doesn't matter what everyone else does, you just go for it. Surely?

Maybe I'm missing the point entirely, but this is a solo event not a team event, I wouldn't be worrying about what others are planning, I would do whatever I could to win. This is the Olympics.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Why will it? Surely if you're going to close the gap, it doesn't matter what everyone else does, you just go for it. Surely?

Maybe I'm missing the point entirely, but this is a solo event not a team event, I wouldn't be worrying about what others are planning, I would do whatever I could to win. This is the Olympics.

Its raced as a team to ensure a nominated person wins.

D

Deleted member 18477

Each rider helps out to be the one in front. Others slip stream and save energy. Then they go to the front. They rotate and BOOM! The sprinter doesn't lead. He just saves his energy more but still sits in the pack.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hugh and Chris have been a bit doom and gloom since coming off B/H.
They would be betting on a bunch sprint for Le Tour.

The trouble is they don't have the numbers.

They could eat that gap for breakfast, if 10 riders commit.

If they do they will take Cav to the line, which would pretty much guarantee eat up 1 podium place.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

The GB team are tiring, the pack behind them won't catch the leaders if they just sit behind. It's a team event up till the last sprint, but you need to be in the sprint in the first place. The main pack aren't at this rate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here