Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can someone explain team cycling to me?

Which is why Team GB will be near the front from the beginning. Less chance of being caught up in a nasty accident that way.
That plan seems to be going wrong. They are 4 mins 10 secs behind at 50km.

It'll take riders of the calibre of Wiggins, Cavendish, Froome, Millar and Stannard to catch the leaders.

Oh.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Is the pentalon (think that's what it is called) the chasing group? Haven't really watched road cycling before but quite enjoying this

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
That plan seems to be going wrong. They are 4 mins 10 secs behind at 50km.

It'll take riders of the calibre of Wiggins, Cavendish, Froome, Millar and Stannard to catch the leaders.

Oh.
You can gain 1 minute for every 10km remaining on a good chase. Nothing to worry about.

The peleton translates roughly to "The Ball". It is the main pack of riders. These could be at the front of the race, or further back, but it is the largest group of riders that are together.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
You can gain 1 minute for every 10km remaining on a good chase. Nothing to worry about.

The peleton translates roughly to "The Ball". It is the main pack of riders. These could be at the front of the race, or further back, but it is the largest group of riders that are together.

Thanks. So it's going ok at the moment then?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
FFS! It's PELOTON. P E L O T O N.

Woodchip - I expect better of you!

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Thanks. So it's going ok at the moment then?

Pretty much - we won't really know until a couple of laps of Box Hill are completed. There's A LOT of flat between the final lap and the finish line, so a breakaway of several minutes should be pulled back before the finish.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why was that Italian holding onto the car whilst cycling? Surely that's aiding him? What do I know...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Does anyoone have any idea of an approximate time they will be near the end? Not that fussed about watching it now but would like to see the end.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm learning all the time about this cycling malarkey.
So the Pelican is chasing the attackers now ?

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Does anyoone have any idea of an approximate time they will be near the end? Not that fussed about watching it now but would like to see the end.

Watch it from about 3pm onwards if you want to watch the finishing stages.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Wish they'd started a bit earlier than 10am. Wasting the whole day staying in watching it, just can't drag myself away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here