Cameron in Brighton on Thursday!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
How wonderful our glorious leader

Damn it!! I thought for a split second that our striker crisis had been solved and that the predatory Scottish forward had rejoined the Albion.....

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
What did they do last time they were in power?

1) My dad was made redundant
2) They introduced the poll tax
3) They created the recession
4) Thousands of people lost their home
5) They sold off our railways
6) They ruined the health service
7) They ruined manufacturing
8) The miners strikes

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

1) My was made redundant
8) The miners strikes

1) How many were made redundant under Labour? Millions more!
2) Poll Tax, every one should pay their way for services not just home owners!
3) Rubbish
4) Not as many as there were in the last 18 months.
5) And look how wonderfully most perform now.
6) The NHS was in a far better state in 1997 than it is now, far better.
7) Manufacturing periodically has a decline every 30 years or so.
8) That was all Scargill . No ballot. Hardly any Miners wanted to strike. The loss of the industry was sadly inevitable.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
3) Rubbish
8) That was all Scargill . No ballot. Hardly any Miners wanted to strike. The loss of the industry was sadly inevitable.

Poll tax was a terrible theory. People worse off paying the same amount as people who make a hell of a lot more money. Hmmm, yeah great idea there.
Also not everybody paid. You could scam your way out of it if you didn't own a house and weren't on the electoral role as they had no real way of being able to track you down.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I expect him to continue his recent policy of going somewhere and then slagging off their biggest adversary whilst there.

Let's all await him having a go at Croydon on Thursday then.

Or perhaps he'll have a whinge at Hove instead?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
3) Rubbish

I know the Tories have a fair few year zero historians amongst them but this really is in its own class.

I don't think you'll be meeting him though. If he really needed to surround himself with a smug, self seeking and frankly ridiculous individual he could have stayed with Nick Clegg rather than spending time with you.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Speaking as someone who has three family members and a girlfriend working for the NHS, I can catagorically state the the NHS is in a far far better state than it was when Labour inherited it after years of Tory underspending.

The working classes who voted for Cameron are the Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

The Tories deliberately provoked the strike in order to 'take on' the unions, and send a signal to other workers about what would happen to them if they dared to stand up to Thatcher, Tebbit, Ridley, Parkinson, et al.

Or don't you remember the 1978 Ridley Report, which laid out a careful plan for preparing an all-out attack on the miners, once sufficient coal stocks had been built up (via overtime), non-union lorry drivers recruited, and the police given generous pay deals to buy their loyalty.

Thatcher et al were masters of Orwellian misuse of langauge; they talked about miners' 'right to work', even while planning to make most of them redundant through pit closures, and then tell them they were work-shy scroungers.

And as for Scargill's refusal to have ballot. I agree, very undemocratic (Scargill was an odious idiot; he had a lot in common with Thatcher - both arrogant, dictatorial, manipulative and convinced they were fighting for 'their class') But were you Tories demanding a ballot of coal miners, to ask them if they wanted to be made redundant? Of course not.

You Tories always believe your own propaganda, but please don't keep assuming that everyone else is stupid enough to believe it too. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

I know the Tories have a fair few year zero historians amongst them but this really is in its own class.

I don't think you'll be meeting him though. If he really needed to surround himself with a smug, self seeking and frankly ridiculous individual he could have stayed with Nick Clegg rather than spending time with you.

Me and Charlotte are taking him to Chili Pickle. I bet he'll love the Oxtail.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
What a nasty bunch some of you lefties are....and still living in la-la land judging by some of your comments.
Oh well,you can all have a big love in when your lot vote for one of the Millipedes in September.What inspiring choices are up for the leadership of the Labour party!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
What a nasty bunch some of you lefties are!

I recall Theresa May herself once acknowledging that many people saw the Tories as 'the nasty party'.

Pots and kettles! :thumbsup:.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
8) The miners strikes

9) The Goldstone was sold

D

Deleted User X18H

What a nasty bunch some of you lefties are....and still living in la-la land judging by some of your comments.
Oh well,you can all have a big love in when your lot vote for one of the Millipedes in September.What inspiring choices are up for the leadership of the Labour party!

Arn't they! And why are they lefties? Because its the latest Brighton emperor's new clothes scenario (a bit like Chili Pickle) where it's considered so bohemian and so Brighton to follow a particular group or movement. 'Look at me I am so different'. 'I vote for Labour or the Green Party because I hate capitalism because someone in a long coat at speakers corner told me I should'.

The simple fact is and as they always do the Labour Party spent money this country simply did not have to spend. The bottom line being £4 in public spending for every £3 raised in revenue.

The Labour Party again choose to court the vote of the under achiever and give away as much as possible for nowt in return.

Now the coalition are looking to radically reform the benefits system some of your leftie's are getting worried.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
8) The miners strikes

I might be wrong, but I am pretty certain that the Thatcher govt. inherited a country on it's knees and deep in debt.

I'm not convinced that they 'created the recession'. I am pretty sure that they had to turn the country round by any means possible.

With the level of debt that we had, were we able to invest in the rail infrastructure or did it make sense to sell it off and let someone else worry about that to balance our own books? Did we have the funds available to bring our network up to a decent standard?

Thousands of people lose their homes in the time of a recession. Was a recession unavoidable? Was the latest recession/depression unavoidable?

The miners strikes. Were we not trying to prop up a failing industry (in most pits) at a time when our reserve were scarce due to the mismanagement of the previous regime?

I don't know enough about the NHS during the Thatcher years to comment.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here