Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calm down dear

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I did. And talking of camp is it any coincidence that Labour got so uppity when their frontbench "woman" is basically probably in a fem/butch partnership, in the male role looking at her?
WIKIPEDIA:

"Eagle was joint winner of the British Girls' Under-18 chess championship in 1976.

She gained the distinction of becoming the British Parliament's first lesbian member by coming out in September 1997 in an interview with The Observer.[7] Maureen Colquhoun, an earlier lesbian MP, did not declare her sexuality until after she left Parliament. The first out lesbian MP at the time of election is Margot James.[8]

In September 2008, Eagle entered into a civil partnership with Maria Exall."

Al lezzas seem to resent being addresed as "dear" don't they?

this is what cracks me up you have the Milly Tant Dream Team eagle and harman on the front bench, he calls one dear, and apparantly its because he's out of touch and sexist, rather than being a wind up merchant (or at least him and his team are). thats whats truly frightening about this, people honestly believing the former.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Tedebear - so only if the subject of a jibe takes offence can it be offensive? I think not. Plenty of people will consider this aside as patronising (which it definitely is) and sexist (which it probably is). Whether you take offence or not is irrrelevant.

Somehow I don't think you're being very consistent here, you don't strike me as being the kind of woman who would tolerate being patronised or in anyway being treated differently from your male counterparts.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I did. And talking of camp is it any coincidence that Labour got so uppity when their frontbench "woman" is basically probably in a fem/butch partnership, in the male role looking at her?
WIKIPEDIA:

"Eagle was joint winner of the British Girls' Under-18 chess championship in 1976.

She gained the distinction of becoming the British Parliament's first lesbian member by coming out in September 1997 in an interview with The Observer.[7] Maureen Colquhoun, an earlier lesbian MP, did not declare her sexuality until after she left Parliament. The first out lesbian MP at the time of election is Margot James.[8]

In September 2008, Eagle entered into a civil partnership with Maria Exall."

Al lezzas seem to resent being addresed as "dear" don't they?

On how many levels is this post dubious to say the least?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Those last remarks seem to suggest you prefer the loudmouth, foul-mouthed butch male-hating version of a woman. Are you in fact a female or just a neutered metrosexual, one of Brighton's finest in fact?
What an odd assumption to make. I simply prefer women who don't SIMPER.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
In posh Reigate? Don't be RIDICULOUS. :lolol:

I really haven't changed, but I fear you of all people look for things that aren't there sometimes. About 15 years ago (possibly before you arrived on this board), I remember getting cross at the reaction of a predominantly middle class audience in Question Time in Manchester when a working class woman in Oldham dared to suggest that everyone knew who was causing the problems, it was the Asians across the street. The audience whinced in indignation, the politicians seized on this and happily dodged her questions on the grounds it was racist. Most of the audience then presumably drove home to their nice homes in Cheshire and that woman went back to her Oldham slum with none of her genuine concerns answered. Five years later and the BNP registered 17% of the vote there. I wonder why?

But I'm not going to write off multiculturalism and immigration just because politicians are too scared to deal with the issues they represent. The problem is not the influx of new settlers, it is the way politicians pander to them and treacherously ignore those were there first. Gordon Brown was guilty of this in a very big way.

My apologies, this comment is actually quite sensible. But again, the multiculturalism agenda will not run alongside multi-sexualism which the LGBT camp seem to want to impose. To most ethnic Asian groups for example, homosexuality is as abhorrent as it is to fundamental Christians. I wonder how all the ethnic Asians in posh Reigate reacted when your MP decided to "come out" after the last General Election..

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
In posh Reigate? Don't be RIDICULOUS. :lolol:

I really haven't changed, but I fear you of all people look for things that aren't there sometimes. About 15 years ago (possibly before you arrived on this board), I remember getting cross at the reaction of a predominantly middle class audience in Question Time in Manchester when a working class woman in Oldham dared to suggest that everyone knew who was causing the problems, it was the Asians across the street. The audience whinced in indignation, the politicians seized on this and happily dodged her questions on the grounds it was racist. Most of the audience then presumably drove home to their nice homes in Cheshire and that woman went back to her Oldham slum with none of her genuine concerns answered. Five years later and the BNP registered 17% of the vote there. I wonder why?

But I'm not going to write off multiculturalism and immigration just because politicians are too scared to deal with the issues they represent. The problem is not the influx of new settlers, it is the way politicians pander to them and treacherously ignore those were there first. Gordon Brown was guilty of this in a very big way.

A sensible opinion, and one I agree with, but you have slaughtered me for expressing the very sentiments you espouse in the first part of your post.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My apologies, this comment is actually quite sensible. But again, the multiculturalism agenda will not run alongside multi-sexualism which the LGBT camp seem to want to impose. To most ethnic Asian groups for example, homosexuality is as abhorrent as it is to fundamental Christians. I wonder how all the ethnic Asians in posh Reigate reacted when your MP decided to "come out" after the last General Election..

Sorry, what does that mean?

And are you comparing 'most ethnic Asians' with fundamentalist Christians?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder how all the ethnic Asians in posh Reigate reacted when your MP decided to "come out" after the last General Election..
Why? That question is entirely irrelevant as they probably make up about 2% of the vote. I think the more important question to ask is why he decided to come out two weeks after the election rather than before it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Tedebear - so only if the subject of a jibe takes offence can it be offensive?

Yes! or so it should be. ironic realy, how condecending is it to be offended for someone else, who didnt take offence?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Why? That question is entirely irrelevant as they probably make up about 2% of the vote. I think the more important question to ask is why he decided to come out two weeks after the election rather than before it?

That's a good point. After the Howard Flight shambles in Arundel when a "family man" was deselected in favour of a fundamental homosexual, I think the Tories are stil a bit sensitive to their family image. From experience in politics I would say that the ethnic Asian vote is at least used, unlike the bulk of the "Traditional" vote when you look at who goes to the booths.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
A quick search showed two posts and neither of them offensive. You don't have me mixed up with anybody do you?

Just wondered why you're so concerned to distance yourself from a local authority, which has far more to deal with than just one past issue about a stadium. Some of the Albion behaviour to Ms de Vecchi was in my opinion pretty ueber-Cameronite.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Just wondered why you're so concerned to distance yourself from a local authority, which has far more to deal with than just one past issue about a stadium. Some of the Albion behaviour to Ms de Vecchi was in my opinion pretty ueber-Cameronite.

sorry I havn't a clue what you are talking about. You asked what I've posted in the past and I've responded. Now we're into some gibberish.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
After the Howard Flight shambles in Arundel when a "family man" was deselected in favour of a fundamental homosexual,

Interesting slant.

From the BBC "New Conservative peer Howard Flight has issued an "unreserved" apology for saying child benefit changes would encourage the poor to "breed"."

He was sacked.

Also - what is a fundamental homosexual ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here