Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calm down dear

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He is simply becoming more of a tit the more confident he gets. A bit of humility wouldn't go a miss, although not something readily taught at Eton...

exactly so ........but did anyone look at nick Clegg's face while it was all going on .............not a happy marriage

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Ed Miliband is so poor, they are making him have this operation to change his voice. Soon they will try and change him into his brother. The thing is, why don't they just get his brother?

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Cameron is to be congratulated on his humerous retort to a person who should have been taught manners by her parents, he could well have told her ,Keep quiet why i am talking, one thing in favour of the heckler, she did not burst into tears.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tedebear - so only if the subject of a jibe takes offence can it be offensive? I think not. Plenty of people will consider this aside as patronising (which it definitely is) and sexist (which it probably is). Whether you take offence or not is irrrelevant.

Somehow I don't think you're being very consistent here, you don't strike me as being the kind of woman who would tolerate being patronised or in anyway being treated differently from your male counterparts.

I agree with you, if they/she DID find it offensive I wouldn't have posted as I did. The reason I posted as I did is that they are all laughing (the leader of the Labour party and all!), BUT once their political brains catch up with whats happened they realize they can put a spin on it and make it into something it wasn't. So I don't think its real offence.

Why did they all laugh if it wasn't funny/offensive?

If their honest response had been offense then I would not have posted as I did. I can't honestly say that they appeared offended.

I don't like or take kindly to being patronized indeed, but I can certainly take a slightly out of order joke, like on do on here everynow and then about "putting the kettle on" or "doing the ironing" etc. For me to flounce or react indignantly is counter-productive, for me to rise above it is more appropriate. But thats just me.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Why would anyone be offended? It was a Michael Winner impression, not the real thing.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I agree with you, if they/she DID find it offensive I wouldn't have posted as I did. The reason I posted as I did is that they are all laughing (the leader of the Labour party and all!), BUT once their political brains catch up with whats happened they realize they can put a spin on it and make it into something it wasn't. So I don't think its real offence.

Why did they all laugh if it wasn't funny/offensive?

If their honest response had been offense then I would not have posted as I did. I can't honestly say that they appeared offended..

Tede, if you look at the full link I posted you will see that they are not laughing at his comment. There is laughter from milliband when Cameron is squirming while Balls is going at him. The brunt of his comment was offended and she is in the top right of the labour front bench and she is not laughing. The clipped version on the BBC news gave the impression they were laughing at the comment but the walker is not the same.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tede, if you look at the full link I posted you will see that they are not laughing at his comment. There is laughter from milliband when Cameron is squirming while Balls is going at him. The brunt of his comment was offended and she is in the top right of the labour front bench and she is not laughing. The clipped version on the BBC news gave the impression they were laughing at the comment but the walker is not the same.

I don't see it the same way, they were laughing until they realized they could use it - its PMQ after all. Sorry - being female I'd be offended if I thought someone was being patronizing, but if it was a silly/funny comment, the best weapon would be not to react (or laugh) and not to scream offence. Rather the more intelligent response personally would be to focus on the issue being debated.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Realised he made a "mistake", when he tries to correct himself by repeating it without the "dear". Not the first time he has used it either, but last time it towards a man.

He found himself in a tight moment and recycled some old material.

Bet he is kicking himself. Television does eat up material though, any comedian like Cameron will tell you that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here