Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Call yourself a real fan

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you buy a ticket at Withdean the club get the money. If you buy an away ticket the opposition get the money.

Er, not when the away game in question is an FA Cup match....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I doubt very much whether all the actual season ticket holders went themselves. A lot never, ever go away, irrespective of the game and allow family, friends and acquaintances to use their tickets.
This always happens when BHA get a big game and I would make a rough guesstimate that there were no more than 2,500 season ticket holders at Villa Park.

What an absolute load of horseshit. What is it with some people's insistence on continually sniping at the Withdean STH's?

littlehamptonbha

Jan 24, 2010
littlehampton
Are we saying that the majority of fans who can afford to go to every match are single or retired, with no or very little bills to pay etc etc?......cause if we are, then I am must be classed as a glory hunter, even though i have followed Brighton for 30years and in my single days I travelled all over England. But now however I have different priorites and now spend my money on my house, food and family......sorry but that is how live is im afraid, any money left over can then go into entertainment.But at the mo there isn't alot.

So, am I fan , Glory hunter or just plain old normal ?.....(I would love to go to every game home and away and come back to my cardboard box..........erm no thanks)

well said mate:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What an absolute load of horseshit. What is it with some people's insistence on continually sniping at the Withdean STH's?
Funny, I read it more as a swipe at those who went to Villa. There was so much utter utter rubbish written on here that the fans at Villa would all be glory-hunters, plastics, would wonder where Zamora was, wouldn't know what division we were in, didn't go to Withdean, etc etc. Whereas in fact there were only about 7000 (unlike at Cardiff) and as you had to be an STH or a member to go I reckon the percentage of 'glory hunters' who hadn't been since Cardiff was miniscule. And as this thread has demonstrated a vast number of the Villa attendees also go to Withdean on at least a semi-regular basis.

(Not that there is anything wrong with being a glory hunter who hadn't been since Cardiff seeing as they're the people we're going to need to fill Falmer)

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
my ticket £23.50 my sons in family section £4.50 took his mate both under 16 £13.50 rip off 80th minute before a decent shot on target at home ,if my village team played that poorly they would get slated in club house after first and last home game of season for me .at these prices when people are scraping by on low wage the club should be doing more to look after everyone

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
my ticket £23.50 my sons in family section £4.50 took his mate both under 16 £13.50 rip off 80th minute before a decent shot on target at home ,if my village team played that poorly they would get slated in club house after first and last home game of season for me .at these prices when people are scraping by on low wage the club should be doing more to look after everyone

Family stand prices, are £23.50 adults, £5 under 16, ans £1 under 10.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I was at my son's birthday party. He didn't want a day out at Withdean: I've dragged yhim down there often enough and he no longer enjoys it. And frankly, I don't blame him

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
I took my nephew (age 6) to his first ever albion game on Saturday. He regularly goes with his father to see Eastbourne Borough and has been asking me for a while to take him to Withdean to see the albion.

He really didnt enjoy it at all. After all the excitement of his first trip to see Brighton in the build up to the weekend, Im not holding my breath that he will be wanting to go again! Even at Eastbourne Borough there is somewhere at half time you can go to have a warm up and most of the ground is undercover. The poor kid was freezing throughout and the football that was served up made him tell me he doesnt want to go again anytime soon!

What a shame, and I am sure there are loads of examples of this amongst us all. I can understand a kid wanting to go and see Chelsea or Man United above watching the albion but it hurts when a youngen would rather and go and see Eastbourne Borough!

Falmer cant come soon enough - maybe I can drag him along or persuade him to give it another go then?

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
No, you don't have to go to Withdean to be a real fan, but be aware that you contribute exactly f*** ALL by not going. Your choice of course - perhaps we're all just mugs. But you also don't then moan when we don't sign better players or improve the facilities - where do you think Div 3 club funds come from?

Exactly. I was Family Stand.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
If you buy a ticket at Withdean the club get the money. If you buy an away ticket the opposition get the money.

The reason some people get pissed off with fans who refuse to go to Withdean is that all boycotting Withdean does is hurt the club. Seems an odd thing for a "fan" to do.

Well done Superfan :clap2::clap2:

Personally, I was playing football on Saturday for my Saturday team so didn't go. If I can afford to go to Orient, I will, but if not I will play again instead as playing football is still arguably a bigger passion of mine than watching. Sorry.

Well done on being so good at watching football though :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here