Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Call yourself a real fan

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

As albion are my 2nd team i headed to godalming-worthing to cover it for Radio Sussex, but was called off due to frozen pitch so went to eastleigh-havant instead

can't expect a student in southampton to get to the shitdean every home game, i've done saitns yeovil and villa away, and plan to do orient this saturday hopefully as well!!

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
i contribute plenty thank u very much...like buyin the new kit 4 my son every time it comes out,,training tops,hats,scarfs ect ect,none ov which r cheap,and as u no money doesnt grow on trees !!!!! i refuse 2 sit in the family stand as its a shit view,when i do take my son i get tickets 4 the south stand,thats £45 b4 i even get out the door ov my house,then take in 2 account travel,food,drink and programme,£60 to £70 for 2 hours at the withdean,,,not my idea ov fun or money well spent !!!!!! so if im not classed as a so called REAL fan,then u can stick it where the sun dont shine !!!!! ive spent 1000s ov pounds followin the albion over the the last 23 years,home and away so i class my self as a REAL fan,,,i do respect the fans that brave the withdean week in week out as they r what keeps the club alive,but just because some ov us dont go and choose 2 go 2 a 1 off game like villa dont mean we aint real fans !!!!!!!!! sea sea sea siders :smile:

I think you've missed the point somewhat fella.

Anyway, the earlier post - to suggest away followers contribute f*** ALL is a little harsh. In monetary terms, clearly not a lot. In galvanising the team when they see us up and down the country, probably quite a lot.

J-Scott

Mar 9, 2009
No, you don't have to go to Withdean to be a real fan, but be aware that you contribute exactly f*** ALL by not going. Your choice of course - perhaps we're all just mugs. But you also don't then moan when we don't sign better players or improve the facilities - where do you think Div 3 club funds come from?

I personally prefer an away day, cant say I've ever been disappointed with the away support and it is always a cracking day out. I live in Southampton so where ever i go to watch, it is a fair old trek. As much as i understand your point, i do not agree that not going to home games means you contribute "f*** ALL" to the club. Home or away i will cheer on the lads, that's my contribution. I pay good money for my tickets, travel and accommodation if needed. If i had the money to buy a new training ground complete with Torres and Ronaldo (of course they would join us!) then i would. Unfortunately, i don't, so i go to as many games as i can/can afford/the misses will let me go to!

Keep the faith, Up the Albion! :clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You can always rely on old Boring to say something negative. Get a life mate, try moving, living in Goring would make me depressed too.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think you've missed the point somewhat fella.

Anyway, the earlier post - to suggest away followers contribute f*** ALL is a little harsh. In monetary terms, clearly not a lot. In galvanising the team when they see us up and down the country, probably quite a lot.

Wasn't having a pop at away fans or people who support the club by buying kits (or perhaps more importantly those who pass on the curse of being an Albion fan to their offspring!). I was having a go at those who on one hand refuse to go to Withdean because the facilities are poor and then at the same time complain that we get financially out gunned by clubs like Leeds or Southampton for players.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Family wedding, who gets married at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon?

Only the second home game I've missed all season to be fair and we lost that one an'all! (there's a surprise!)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Losing 19-0 in a rugby fixture... Withdean would probably have been less morale sapping.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Wasn't having a pop at away fans or people who support the club by buying kits (or perhaps more importantly those who pass on the curse of being an Albion fan to their offspring!). I was having a go at those who on one hand refuse to go to Withdean because the facilities are poor and then at the same time complain that we get financially out gunned by clubs like Leeds or Southampton for players.

Oh OK, fair enough, well you're spot on then.

Always makes me annoyed as well as making me laugh when fans link us to player A or player B, then moan when the likes of Leeds and Saints get them. No doubt we will have some ridiculous names suggested today.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
I was at Withdean, last game i missed was when we drew 1-1 with Huddersfield(?) and Hart got sent off AFTER the gamne.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
couldnt go to villa.

had to turn down millwall ticket as hangover from hell. ticket paid for though.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Are we saying that the majority of fans who can afford to go to every match are single or retired, with no or very little bills to pay etc etc?......cause if we are, then I am must be classed as a glory hunter, even though i have followed Brighton for 30years and in my single days I travelled all over England. But now however I have different priorites and now spend my money on my house, food and family......sorry but that is how live is im afraid, any money left over can then go into entertainment.But at the mo there isn't alot.

So, am I fan , Glory hunter or just plain old normal ?.....(I would love to go to every game home and away and come back to my cardboard box..........erm no thanks)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here