Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Call yourself a real fan

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What i want to know is where were the 6 thousand that travelled to Villa on Saturday against Millwall?
Firstly, seeing as it was STHs and Blue/White members at Villa Park and not 'Glory Hunters', I guess a fair few were at Withdean on Saturday or else had 100% bona fide excuses for not going.

For the others ... well think REAL hard. Go on, I'm sure you can do it. Stuggling? I'll give you some clues: Premiership ground which a lot of people haven't been to, chance to see some top class players, great day out, £10 tickets. Now compare that to a bog-standard third division match at Withdean. Is the penny starting to drop? Can you put two and two together? Let me know when you've figured it out and I'll give you a banana.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Working, trying to pay for quite an expensive day for 2 of us by going up to Villa.

And do you know what? I'm glad I did. Yes, yes I am.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
:bigwave: C block, sitting Row H, seat 54 i think. Made a comment to the RUBBISH lino about being a disgrace to his profession. Not my usual seat mind. The best mates girl was there too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I didnt go to Villa BUT was there yesterday

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Is this Boring Gull (or whatever they are called) on a wind up!

In the posts made this weekend from Huddersfield, he or she comes across as a prize T***!!!!!!

littlehamptonbha

Jan 24, 2010
littlehampton
so im not a real fan cos i refuse 2 pay silly money 2 sit in a shit hole thats not even a proper football ground,cost me more 2 take my son 2 the withdean than it did 4 my day out at villa,and i enjoyed villa a 1000 times more than any other game ive been 2 at the withdean,,,did i miss the rule that says u av 2 attend home games 2 be a REAL fan,,,what a load ov bollox !!!!!!!!!

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
What i want to know is where were the 6 thousand that travelled to Villa on Saturday against Millwall?

Maybe because we are shit at home? or is it the NO atmosphere? Or could it be the £25 a ticket? Or the freezing temperature? I was at both but don't blame anyone for not going to Withdean....Falmer will be different I'm positive, I don't think we will have anymore of these threads and people will see the massive potential of this club...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If you buy a ticket at Withdean the club get the money. If you buy an away ticket the opposition get the money.

The reason some people get pissed off with fans who refuse to go to Withdean is that all boycotting Withdean does is hurt the club. Seems an odd thing for a "fan" to do.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
so im not a real fan cos i refuse 2 pay silly money 2 sit in a shit hole thats not even a proper football ground,cost me more 2 take my son 2 the withdean than it did 4 my day out at villa,and i enjoyed villa a 1000 times more than any other game ive been 2 at the withdean,,,did i miss the rule that says u av 2 attend home games 2 be a REAL fan,,,what a load ov bollox !!!!!!!!!

No, you don't have to go to Withdean to be a real fan, but be aware that you contribute exactly f*** ALL by not going. Your choice of course - perhaps we're all just mugs. But you also don't then moan when we don't sign better players or improve the facilities - where do you think Div 3 club funds come from?

littlehamptonbha

Jan 24, 2010
littlehampton
No, you don't have to go to Withdean to be a real fan, but be aware that you contribute exactly f*** ALL by not going. Your choice of course - perhaps we're all just mugs. But you also don't then moan when we don't sign better players or improve the facilities - where do you think Div 3 club funds come from?

i contribute plenty thank u very much...like buyin the new kit 4 my son every time it comes out,,training tops,hats,scarfs ect ect,none ov which r cheap,and as u no money doesnt grow on trees !!!!! i refuse 2 sit in the family stand as its a shit view,when i do take my son i get tickets 4 the south stand,thats £45 b4 i even get out the door ov my house,then take in 2 account travel,food,drink and programme,£60 to £70 for 2 hours at the withdean,,,not my idea ov fun or money well spent !!!!!! so if im not classed as a so called REAL fan,then u can stick it where the sun dont shine !!!!! ive spent 1000s ov pounds followin the albion over the the last 23 years,home and away so i class my self as a REAL fan,,,i do respect the fans that brave the withdean week in week out as they r what keeps the club alive,but just because some ov us dont go and choose 2 go 2 a 1 off game like villa dont mean we aint real fans !!!!!!!!! sea sea sea siders :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here