Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon's Apology

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
sorry if fixtures. He put this on his facebook fanpage:

Good morning to everyone,
Today it’s a difficult day for me, but first of all, Thank you so much for all of your incredible support.
you have made me feel so good here from the beginning, so thanks a lot.
I want to explain my version, because I can accept football’s critics, but not personal attacks, and doubt about my honesty. Sorry but not, so please,
I think you deserve an explanation:
- I’ve never said no to Brighton’s offer,
- yes, I accepted Brighton conditions, but I said them that I need time (ONLY one week more) to have a decision. I always have said the truth to the club, always, maybe it was my mistake, but I’ve always said the truth, and I’ll follow doing the same
- I don’t want to be hypocrite, I am not saying that I’d have said yes, Southampton is a very great club too, I’m only saying that I needed time, Only I want to say that, I accept decisions, but I don’t accept nobody doubt about my word and my honesty, no way. Anyway, I want to be thankful to all the club, technical staff, workers,.. and of course fans, thanksI’ll always remember my first club in England, it’s like your first love, never forget it. Sorry for my English, and thank you so much again and yes, I’ll always remember my goal at the Valley, haha. THANKS

May 9, 2010
bull shit he is a f***ing lier coz he said southampton is a great club but they are f***ing scum
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOB HEAD

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
sorry if fixtures. He put this on his facebook fanpage:

Good morning to everyone,
Today it’s a difficult day for me, but first of all, Thank you so much for all of your incredible support.
you have made me feel so good here from the beginning, so thanks a lot.
I want to explain my version, because I can accept football’s critics, but not personal attacks, and doubt about my honesty. Sorry but not, so please,
I think you deserve an explanation:
- I’ve never said no to Brighton’s offer,
- yes, I accepted Brighton conditions, but I said them that I need time (ONLY one week more) to have a decision. I always have said the truth to the club, always, maybe it was my mistake, but I’ve always said the truth, and I’ll follow doing the same
- I don’t want to be hypocrite, I am not saying that I’d have said yes, Southampton is a very great club too, I’m only saying that I needed time, Only I want to say that, I accept decisions, but I don’t accept nobody doubt about my word and my honesty, no way. Anyway, I want to be thankful to all the club, technical staff, workers,.. and of course fans, thanksI’ll always remember my first club in England, it’s like your first love, never forget it. Sorry for my English, and thank you so much again and yes, I’ll always remember my goal at the Valley, haha. THANKS

That does not explain anything he just does not want people to hate him. So he accepted the offer and Southampton offered better so off he went. I am sorry Inigo but you can't get out of it that easy, Brighton fans have every right to be upset with you. Sorry but pathetic attempt to worm your way out of a club an from a person (Gus) that gave you so much when your career was stalling.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Sounds like Inigo has made an error of judgement, one that he may well come to regret. Gus sounded pretty definite that he would not be at Brighton next season, but if he were to issue a full apology then who knows what might happen

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I personally would happily have him playing for us next season. If he signed in the next week or two there's a whole summer for this little episode to die down and be forgotten

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We'd better order lots of humble pie at NSC, just in case he stays.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So he hasn't signed or agreed anything with Southampton yet

in theory he could still sign for us but would Gus/the fans welcome him back?

Go get him Gus. You know it makes sense. It's been a very long while since I've seen such an outpouring of grief on this site over a player leaving us.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
So he hasn't signed or agreed anything with Southampton yet

in theory he could still sign for us but would Gus/the fans welcome him back?

Thing is, a contract was offered with a deadline. Surely If he wanted to stay he would sign before that deadline. How many extra weeks does he want to get a better deal?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Why did he need the extra week? No doubt so his Agent could see if he could earn them both even more filthy lucre by touting his availability to even more football clubs that are as unscrupulous & desperate as the loathsome Scummers.

Well done Inigo, from hero to zero in less than 24 hours. You must feel very proud of yourself.

Last edited:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Gus cannot possibly go back on what he said now, he would look weak to other players negotiating contracts in the next few months. I would of course love him to sign but I think he has made it clear he want's Southampton's money. There are other players out there and if he thinks playing in a team for Pardew is gonna be like playing for Poyet he has got a shock on the way. That is of course if Pardew stays as rumour has it that he may get the boot. Then Inigo could be up the creak.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So reading between the lines 'I am out of contract Brighton gave me an offer but I wanted a week to see if there were any better ones or if I got an improved offer'.

I would respect him more if he said he had been offered a deal too good to turn down as if the sums are as reported anyone would do the same presented with the same situation. Partly our fault for not extending his deal earlier when it was clear he was going to be a quality player for us but unfortuntely our league position dictated contract negotiations would have to take place at the end of the season.

He has now gone and time to move on. At least we have plenty of time to source a suitable replacement and have the right man at the helm to do just that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here