Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon's Apology

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
See , what i don't f***ing understand is how Poyet let Holroyd have time to think whether he wanted to join because he spoke to Norwich but he doesn't let Calderon have a week to decide what he wants to do . One week wouldn't of hurt , Poyet should of just gave him the week and if Calderon signed for us then we know it wasn't for the money but if he signed for Southampton its because of the money .

Good point, :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The most annoying thing about all this is OUR manager plucked him from nowhere and he turned out to be a real gem - only for f***ing twathead Pardew to nick him after our hard work / good contacts...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
See , what i don't f***ing understand is how Poyet let Holroyd have time to think whether he wanted to join because he spoke to Norwich but he doesn't let Calderon have a week to decide what he wants to do . One week wouldn't of hurt , Poyet should of just gave him the week and if Calderon signed for us then we know it wasn't for the money but if he signed for Southampton its because of the money .

The difference is simple - Holroyd wasn't our player then, wheras Calderon was.

Anyway, the message Poyet is sending out is not really for Calderon - it's for everyone else. Either you're with him, or you're not. It's as simple as that. Succesful businesses are run that way - there's no point in having staff who don't get with the message.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Firstly, your time scale is pure conjecture. He asked for a week. Why is that such a big deal. It is the early part of May. Most footballers contracts are not up until the end of June. The transfer window doesn't close for over three months. So why is one extra week a problem? In all probability he would get a better offer but if he hadn't, we could still have signed him. We now have a situation where too much has been said by Poyet and he will lose face if we sign Calderon.

its not the time it is the PRINCIPLE.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Cut off nose to spite face. Bad move. Should have given him the chance to compare offers. If we're only going to employ people who'll take the first low offer to play for us we are going to be staffed with simpletons and not many of them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He was HEDGING his bets like some other VASTLY overrated fullback a certain Mr Harding.

I look forward to BOOING them BOTH next season!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The difference is simple - Holroyd wasn't our player then, wheras Calderon was.

Anyway, the message Poyet is sending out is not really for Calderon - it's for everyone else. Either you're with him, or you're not. It's as simple as that. Succesful businesses are run that way - there's no point in having staff who don't get with the message.

That is why he will be a great manager. Imagine Sir Alex saying - "sure Becks take as long as you like mate. We are desparate for you to stay, you are just bigger than the club"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Cut off nose to spite face. Bad move. Should have given him the chance to compare offers. If we're only going to employ people who'll take the first low offer to play for us we are going to be staffed with simpletons and not many of them.

It wasn't "the first low offer", it was the final offer after some negotiating, an offer that Calderon had agreed to, then changed his mind.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
bull shit he is a f***ing lier coz he said southampton is a great club but they are f***ing scum
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOB HEAD

You are a ****.

I bet your one of those pr1cks that stands up and sings in the South stand. Perhaps that ginger one I saw at the Albion v Saints game.

TIT

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

What's with the silly smiley?

Calderon had negotiated a deal and told the club he was in agreement with them and was going to sign the contract on offer. He then turns around and says "Sorry Sr Poyet, I'm not signing the contract-give me some more time because Wankstain Pardew has come in for me and I think I can repay your dragging me out of obscurity by f***ing you around. That nice Sr Pardew has once again used Brighton as his scouting system and he's made me a nice offer so I think I'm off. Not 100% certain just yet so keep your offer on hold".

Pardew and Calderon are made for each other-neither of them are honourable.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak

Calderon had negotiated a deal and told the club he was in agreement with them and was going to sign the contract on offer. He then turns around and says "Sorry Sr Poyet, I'm not signing the contract-give me some more time because Wankstain Pardew has come in for me and I think I can repay your dragging me out of obscurity by f***ing you around. That nice Sr Pardew has once again used Brighton as his scouting system and he's made me a nice offer so I think I'm off. Not 100% certain just yet so keep your offer on hold".

this

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Quote: What's with the silly smiley?

Hughes'll be at Saints next week. He'll want boring players. Calderon won't feature.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex

All I will say is that there are two sides to the story. I agree with your comment regarding Pardew though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

When did he say he would sign? No one has said anywhere, not even Poyet, as far as I am aware, that Calderon said he would sign. The two sides had agreed terms and Calderon asked for one week to weigh up the other offer. Christ, the club have kept everyone waiting for 5 months with regard to contract renewals (that is of course excluding El Abd) and they begrude a week.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wonder if the extra time was to let Southampton get a medical examination of his hip injury organised and results back. Just a (cynical) thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here