Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon's Apology

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
You are a ****.

I bet your one of those pr1cks that stands up and sings in the South stand. Perhaps that ginger one I saw at the Albion v Saints game.

TIT

Gingerism is againts the law you twat :thumbsup: Now i have got to change my avatar and i cant remember how to do it, or i could just change it to Inigo is a c)nt

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
We don't know that Calderon WOULD have left for more money. He just asked to be given the chance to hear what was on offer.

So what do you suggest might have been offered by Saints to tempt him (other than money) then?

Duration of contract? Possibly but not as likely a reason as money would be.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think this situation shows that Poyet is a with us or against us kind of guy. He wants players here that really want to be here and if someone is any less than 100% committed to the club then that's the end of that thank you very much. I like it.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Gingerism is againts the law you twat :thumbsup: Now i have got to change my avatar and i cant remember how to do it, or i could just change it to Inigo is a c)nt

Quick links at the top and then edit details.

Option for avatar etc etc is at the side. :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't help thinking Calderon is moving on because he reckons that "drinking pints of Sherry" chant is so f***ing shit.

Still, at least we won't have to hear it again.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I can't help thinking Calderon is moving on because he reckons that "drinking pints of Sherry" chant is so f***ing shit.

Still, at least we won't have to hear it again.

I wouldn't be so sure. The word Sherry should easily be modified to something more abusive...

westy

Jul 25, 2003
20 years on from Sergey Gotsmanov doing the dirty on us and going to the Saints this has annoyed me even more! Money grabbing idiots. Hope he sinks without trace.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I think this situation shows that Poyet is a with us or against us kind of guy. He wants players here that really want to be here and if someone is any less than 100% committed to the club then that's the end of that thank you very much. I like it.

agreed

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

In a nutshell, Chappers!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I agree with the point of view that Gus wants 100%'ers ... I also think that many of us on here would never jump at the first contract we got offered if we had a time limited career.

Not saying he's right but I know if my contract were renewed every two - three years I'd certainly shop around a bit whilst also considering loyalty shown etc.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Yes exactly and I love it. Players have ruled the roost for too long and Poyet is now taking charge and stamping his authority on the side. He's creating a professional and winning mentality and I love it! :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My views:

1. It's a backhanded compliment that Southampton - a club on the up - seem to be on the point of recruiting their 4th ex-Albion person.

2. Calderon was very much Gus's man so I can understand Gus being very, very pissed off about all of this.

3. Total team commitment will be key to any chance we have of promotion. You look at the way the Spurs players reacted to their win vs City - that's the sort of unity we should be aiming for.

I buy the idea that the players are only professional trying to get the best deal for their families, etc but - seriously - if the players don't want to play for the manager then get rid. Poyet's an impressive enough character to demand, and deserve, total commitment.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
We'd better order lots of humble pie at NSC, just in case he stays.

I can't help thinking Poyet is a little too quick to write people off when they disagree with him / don't dance straight away to his tune.

It seems like Calderon wanted to wait to see Southampton's offer and had not said he would not sign for us.

I am pretty sure most people would want to address all their options before signing. No problem with that.

But for Gus to just withdraw the offer seems a bit petulant to me.

Great bounce i reckon. Nice to see a few people looking like tits in this thread.

Well done to the above posters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here