Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon,

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Lets be realistic here, Calderon is 29, he isn't getting any younger at all. He's obviously worth alot more then 250k to US, but he's probably worth about 250k realistically. But other clubs need to realise that we're not going to sell.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
But chose to STAY... that is the key point... he could have earned more with SCC, but chose to STAY...

...AFTER we withdrew. He didn't have the option to sign for us anymore.

There is no f***ing way, Calderon, a player in the Spanish 3rd division just 4 or 5 months beforehand, expected to be made made the top earner at one of the wealthiest clubs outside the Premiership. A ludicrous assertion.

Personally I think his agent screwed him over and told him he would be able to get higher wages than we were prepared to pay. Everyone demands more when we're involved BECAUSE they know we're one of the wealthiest clubs.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Actually there are very few mugs who believe the tabloids in Southampton anymore. Cortese has been proven right time after time after time.
There are very few mugs in North Korea who believe the lies about their Dear Leader either. :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, I do. Our cap is £10k a week. Our highest earner isn't even on that. And we told Calderon to get lost, he didn't choose lower wages over higher ones.

UTTER shite.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our cap is £10k a week. Our highest earner isn't even on that. QUOTE]

If that is the case why did our manager Gus say when questioned that 1 of your central defenders was on more than our entire back four. On that assumption all of our backfour which includes Greer who we bought and would have demanded reasonable wages the same as or better than he was on at Swindon, El Abd on a new contract, Painter who we got from a Championship club and of course Calderon and none of them are on £2500 per week.!!

Last edited:

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
How much did Guly cost? I heard from a SCC supporting friend about 1.5 mil? 2.5 year contract too?

Undisclosed fee so no-one knows, but all reports have suggested it's around £800k. 2 and a half year contract is right, though I don't know how that is a bad thing?
If that is the case why did our manager Gus say when questioned that 1 of your central defenders was on more than our entire back four.

1. He has no idea whether that is true or not.
2. He was referring to the back four at one point in the game at our place - after El Abd went off injured and you had a youngster playing on the pitch.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Undisclosed fee so no-one knows, but all reports have suggested it's around £800k. 2 and a half year contract is right, though I don't know how that is a bad thing?

1. He has no idea whether that is true or not.
2. He was referring to the back four at one point in the game at our place - after El Abd went off injured and you had a youngster playing on the pitch.

Ahh fair enough. I take back all the negatives I said about Guly, he certainly seems to be doing the business for you now. His goal against Blackpool was stellar.

Ahh, yes. Lewis Dunk. It intrigues me to find out what you thought of him. Gus says he could one day play in the top league. He certainly seems to handle pressure well, as that match was very intense. What did you think of the youngster?

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
You surely do not seriously believe that do you.

Believe what? There are two different points you quoted.
R.e Lewis Dunk - he handled himself very well from what I can remember, but I believe he came on in the second half when you were very much in control and we didn't really threaten up front.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
You do not believe that Gus doe not knows what your players are earning when he said you had 1 central defender on more wages than our entire back four.

How would he know? Does he have access to the contracts of our players? No. And players don't go around discussing what they earn.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You must be so naive to think that managers dont know what other players at other clubs are earning, they all have agents who are always trying to move them on for higher wages. As an example a friend of mine played for Fulham and 1 day an 'insurance agent; called to sell him insurance and then told him that if he asked for a transfer and moved to BHA he would earn x amount per week which was way above what he was getting at Fulham. Fulham complained but couldnt prove that we were poaching him but the wage that he was said to be earning at Fulham was exactly right down to appearance and goal bonus etc.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Ahh fair enough. I take back all the negatives I said about Guly, he certainly seems to be doing the business for you now. His goal against Blackpool was stellar.

Ahh, yes. Lewis Dunk. It intrigues me to find out what you thought of him. Gus says he could one day play in the top league. He certainly seems to handle pressure well, as that match was very intense. What did you think of the youngster?

He came on first half! Calde collided with El-Abd whilst under serious pressure from Lambert I think, then Dunk came on...I think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here