Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon,

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Blimey - the only person in Southampton who thinks Cortese is honest and trustworthy and he has to post on here!
Presumably it's for fear of being laughed off his own messageboard :)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What is it with fans of other clubs coming on here,,,,must be the jealousy of envy...Why dont you do something usefull saint_clark, go look up you stats for your last home game or something. How many shots on target,lol....Would that be because you got the best strikers as well?

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Blimey - the only person in Southampton who thinks Cortese is honest and trustworthy and he has to post on here!
Presumably it's for fear of being laughed off his own messageboard :)

Actually there are very few mugs who believe the tabloids in Southampton anymore. Cortese has been proven right time after time after time.

What is it with fans of other clubs coming on here,,,,must be the jealousy of envy...Why dont you do something usefull saint_clark, go look up you stats for your last home game or something. How many shots on target,lol....Would that be because you got the best strikers as well?

Once again...I started posting on here because I read one of your fans making up complete b*llocks about our transfer spending. After that, I found it quite an interesting place for debate (when people like you aren't around that is).

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Go and have a look around your flat pack stadium. We not only got the best right back in the division, we got the best stadium on the south coast as well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He wanted to be top earner, wages above our cap. So we told him to get lost.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

There are a lot of idiots on here, but you just won a cookie. You HONESTLY believe that Calderon's demands were above your salary cap? i.e. higher than you pay Jaidi or your million pound signings Fonte or Lambert? Then after making these huge demands, he chose to stay here where the wages are massively LOWER? You complete and utter flid.

Why then did he even talk to us? As for Richardson, he cost £250k...which you lot are saying is a paltry amount.
Even if we go with your amount, £400,000 would have been less than Calderons wages for the season.

Is Richardson playing for free then? That's nice of him.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Richardson is a very good right back. Calderon is a very good right back. Each is going to be better than the other in different aspects. Having only seen Richardson only once I can't compare him properly to Calderon, and so I'll always pick Calde, but saint_clark sees a lot of Richardson so would always pick him because he hasn't seen the best of Calde like we have, and vice versa...

According to respective league websites:
Appearances: Calde-25 starts (0 subs) Richardson-11 starts (2 subs)
Assists: Calde-1 Richardson-1
Shots: Calde-14 (8 on target) Richardson-2 (2 on target)
Goals: Calde-4 Richardson-0
Discipline: Calde-21 fouls (2 Yellows, 1 Red, 1 penalty conceded) Richardson-7 fouls (2 Yellows)

Take what you want from this, but to me it shows that whilst Inigo is a much more attacking player who will get more shots off, he is prone to giving away free kicks, and Richardson seems a more consistent tackler. If what saint_clark is saying is true and he has yet to get back to his full ability, he could give Calde a run for his money. It seems they are two very different types of full back?

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Go and have a look around your flat pack stadium. We not only got the best right back in the division, we got the best stadium on the south coast as well.

Not yet you haven't. Besides, what has this got to do with anything? Are you completely incapable of having a serious debate?

There are a lot of idiots on here, but you just won a cookie. You HONESTLY believe that Calderon's demands were above your salary cap? i.e. higher than you pay Jaidi or your million pound signings Fonte or Lambert? Then after making these huge demands, he chose to stay here where the wages are massively LOWER? You complete and utter flid.
Is Richardson playing for free then? That's nice of him.
Yes, I do. Our cap is £10k a week. Our highest earner isn't even on that. And we told Calderon to get lost, he didn't choose lower wages over higher ones.

Richardson is a very good right back. Calderon is a very good right back. Each is going to be better than the other in different aspects. Having only seen Richardson only once I can't compare him properly to Calderon, and so I'll always pick Calde, but saint_clark sees a lot of Richardson so would always pick him because he hasn't seen the best of Calde like we have, and vice versa...

Discipline: Calde-21 fouls (2 Yellows, 1 Red, 1 penalty conceded) Richardson-7 fouls (2 Yellows)

Take what you want from this, but to me it shows that whilst Inigo is a much more attacking player who will get more shots off, he is prone to giving away free kicks, and Richardson seems a more consistent tackler. If what saint_clark is saying is true and he has yet to get back to his full ability, he could give Calde a run for his money. It seems they are two very different types of full back?

They are indeed different types. As I said before, Calderon is more of a threat attacking around the box, whereas I believe Richardson to be more solid defensively and stronger in the tackle. I.E, Calderon is more likely to create a goal out of the two, but Richardson is less likely to be beaten by his man. Those stats pretty much show that themselves.
I'm glad to see there are some people on here who are able to discuss something without resorting to pathetic little digs that have no relevance to the topic.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
250k is a disgrace.
We have the two best full backs in this league. FACT.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And the same with Richardson. As I said, from that i've seen they're probably at the same level. Main reason I prefer Richardson is that he seems to be stronger in the tackle, and he isn't actually back to his best yet - he dislocated his shoulder in pre-season and only started playing again about a month and a half ago.

Injury prone

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

All these stats tell us are that Richardson has played less games, and therefore has committed less fouls and had less shots. He is however injury prone.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Actually there are very few mugs who believe the tabloids in Southampton anymore. Cortese has been proven right time after time after time.

would you care to have that discussion on your own boards rather than on here ? ........ from what I read I suspect you will find yourself in a minority of wishful thinkers and fantasists.

I'm afraid I can never quite understand why anyone has anything other than a brief and occassional dalliance on any football forum which exists for a club other than their own. Sorry but I just don't see it.

Come here and discuss a single game or to make a specific point but hanging around where you clearly don't belong?....... It's just odd

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No longer a step up for him in 4 months time. Worth at least 4 times that currently and will be 10X in a few months. Bet our poker playing chairman knows that too! Not surprised he's interested in the likes of Calde and apparently read today Austin, but geez get real

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
After we withdrew from contract negotiations.

But chose to STAY... that is the key point... he could have earned more with SCC, but chose to STAY...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Having an argument over who is better between Richardson and Calderon is utterly pointless and impossible to prove. The likelihood is that there isn't much to choose between them but how on earth can you possibly say?

This, however, is absolute bollocks:

saint_clark said:
He wanted to be top earner, wages above our cap. So we told him to get lost.

And deserved the response it got here:

There is no f***ing way, Calderon, a player in the Spanish 3rd division just 4 or 5 months beforehand, expected to be made made the top earner at one of the wealthiest clubs outside the Premiership. A ludicrous assertion.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest if Howe is going to RAID any team for players Im sure it will some of Bournemouths!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here