Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon leaving to go to Southampton [merged]

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
I've just been texting the word c*nt a lot to my saints supporting friend, who has just told me they are also looking at Ashley Barnes :US:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Calderon can just f*** off as far as I am concerned. A twat of the highest order. Good riddance.

Lush

Mods' Pet
It does sound as though Gus has thrown a bit of a hissy fit tho. He made an offer with a deadline. Calderon wanted to talk to Southampton as well. Now we've got Pardew crowing in our faces when his offer may not have even been that good and we could have bettered it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
having read that poyet interview, i hope he now DOESNT get an offer from southampton and finds himself back on the scrap heap

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Calderons Facebook statuses were gleeming with the big stadium syndrome (Elland Road, The Valley). "Im playing at Elland Road! / The Valley! ect ect.

Hes a f***ing tourist.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Southampton had to have been in his ear even while we were negotiating a contract with him for him to have sat back and waited for "someone" else to come in for him.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
well pissed of surely we can match the abbitions of saints they cant be paying that mutch more than our offer premotion I DONT THINK SO dont normaly rant on hear but this has realy pissed me off big time: :US:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Well f***ing done Gus! Sent out an early indication that we won't be held to ransom by players/agents. I'm pleased this is the case, as if there's one thing we have learnt from our caravan cousins, it is that we shouldn't spend above our means. Right decision, Gus knows what he's doing.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
it's all well and good to say we'll find another player to replace him, but that might mean we have to pay a fee for them.

As it was we'd found a player who cost us nothing fee wise from another club and so if now we have to dish out a fee it means less in the transfer kitty for other areas.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Why is everyone getting so worked up by it? We made an offer, Calderon wanted more money, we didnt think he was worth it, he moved on.

I fail to see what either party has done to be called 'wankers', 'judas' etc.

Its called BUSINESS.

He will be missed as he was quality and I wish we could have held on to him but it obviously wasnt meant to be!!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Okay it is offical. Thing is, he's not being paid extortionate amounts. I think it his his right, when playing at a low level, to try to get the best amount of money he can get. If it were the difference between 80 and 90 thousand a week then sure, but at this level, every little bit of money is going to help living costs. He has bills to pay, and at league one, he is going to need to try to get a good deal.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Why is everyone getting so worked up by it? We made an offer, Calderon wanted more money, we didnt think he was worth it, he moved on.

I fail to see what either party has done to be called 'wankers', 'judas' etc.

Its called BUSINESS.

He will be missed as he was quality and I wish we could have held on to him but it obviously wasnt meant to be!!

Since when has football been just like any other business?

It isn't.

From the comments Poyet made Calderon had agreed terms with us but had his head turned by a potentially bigger offer. If we hadn't offered him enough in the first place that'd be another story but he WAS happy to take our money and then decided if he could get more elsewhere he would FORGET the faith shown in him by our club and f*** off unceremoniously in order that he can afford one more Ivory backscratcher next year

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
It's just gutting to find a decent player like this, put him in the shop window and then lose him without even getting a fee. Still, we'll get over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here