Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon leaving to go to Southampton [merged]

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Johnny Byrne :clap2::clap2::clap2:

" If he doesn't want to show loyalty & accept our offer, let him go. He's a good player but at the end of the day he's a FULL BACK."

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Well said Byrne. Its not as if hes a 25 a season goalscorer. Good fall backs are plentiful.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
might give a reprieve for whing

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We didn't think McNulty was replaceable...he was. Poyet has waved a few magic wands this season and I'm confident he will do again. As I said, we always have the last laugh over Pardew, regardless of our status at the time. And I think we will again, whether that means beating Saints to promotion or Calderon being nowhere near as good for them as he was for us.

Chin up people, Gus has AGES to find a suitably flair replacement. Or maybe even McNulty will be it. Have a little faith.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To quote Ninja Elephant on the phone in ' we already have a good right back out on loan' Assuming he is saying that about Whing. What hope have we with people coming up with suggestions like that Hoyte is twice the player Whing is and Calderon is even better. Our only hope is for Gus and his scouting staff to unearth another gem who is out of contract in June as they did with Calderon.

Gus has confirmed the contract offer was on the table until last night and has been withdrawn.

Last edited:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Am I right to be concerned that we may not be able to attract that high a quality a player to us for next season after all?

Or is it just a one-off bit of bad luck that filthy-rich Southampton have given Calderon a ludicrous offer that he simply couldn't refuse?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Radio says Gus withdrew the offer as it was UNACCEPTABLE Calderon would show him such disrespect by pimping himself elsewhere when it was us who showed faith in him and resurrected his career.

Good on Gus.

We don't need money grabbing mercenaries here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here