Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon leaving to go to Southampton [merged]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
^^That conversation seemed to indicate you thought promotion would come from being our debut year at falmer.

The point I was trying to make was that if we get promoted next year, we start in new surroundings in the Championship. Alternatively, we get promoted at the end of our first year at Falmer. Still a short time frame to acclimatise but probably more realistic to do well in our first year at Falmer in League One rather than being in the Championship. If we are at Falmer and losing regularly then we will possibly lose a lot of the new support that the first few games will attract.

However, it doesn't matter what either of us think because the team will be out next year to do their best. If that is promotion then so be it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
LOL @ Brighton fans calling us "scummers" as if there is some sort of rivalry. You sound just like Bournemouth. We don't care about either of you.

For a team that don't care about us a few of you spend a fair bit of time on our forums

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
That's football. Man up and get over it!

Or in your case GROW up and get outta here.

Don't flatter yourself that we consider you rivals (other than simply divisionally). Your emotionally under-developed fellow Saint with the tasteless and crass username (Saints Considerably Richer, or whatever his name is) abused his employers by using work time to take the piss because you have thrown money at a player your green-eyed prick of a manager saw dominate your ineffective team at Withdean.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
LOL @ Brighton fans calling us "scummers" as if there is some sort of rivalry. You sound just like Bournemouth. We don't care about either of you.

You seemed to care when we took 4 out of 6 points against you though, and as for that greedy spanish twat your welcome to him along with Hammond and Harding and Wilkins, looks like a brighton old boys squad.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

Really gets up my nose when people use pompeys name for them, its an insult from their rivals - something that we are definately not. I cant see what all the fuss is about anyway, players come & go all the time & though we might notagree with the way they leave its just one of those things.As far as calderon is concerned - f*** him, if he doesnt want to play for us he'll be replaced, big deal!

termy46

Feb 26, 2010
What do you expect then? Go into admin and go bust? We got taken over by a billionaire. GET OVER IT, WE ARE RICHER THAN YOU

We can buy the best players as we are the richest team outside the PL, hence we buy Crystal Palace's best player in January.

if you want to be angry about clubs overspending and going into admin, just drive to the bottom of the A27

You really are a pr1ck

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Steve Cook as right back then

Having seen him playing for the reserves I hope not as he is no where near ready and is a similar type player to Virgo and Whing a hoof it anywhere merchant not what I am hoping Gus is trying to get us to play.

I am confident our man in Spain will find another Calderon out there like he did with this one.

Skills

Aug 4, 2008
Brighton
OK so Calderon will join Southampton. This was his decision and we'll move on and enjoy a great last season at the Withdean. Pardew can spend as much as he likes but he is a painfully crap coach. The driving force down there is Dean Wilkins and I would like to see Dean do well next year.

We have the best manager in the league and I have every faith that he'll put us in the play offs next season.

Wouldn't it be great to take 4/6 points from the Saints next year.

Onwards and upwards seasiders!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
you have thrown money at a player your green-eyed prick of a manager saw dominate your ineffective team at Withdean.

Not at all. THEY dominanted US remember? They found themselves behind
undeservedly, in a game they had dominated. Pardew said so...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am fully aware of the deserved hostility towards Southampton and Calderon biut if it transpired that, as has been suggested by one poster, TB is wealthy enough to be able to write off Man Utd 's debt if he wished and then decided to throw the cash about how would we feel if we gazumped every team with wages. That would probably be seen as being ok because he can afford it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am fully aware of the deserved hostility towards Southampton and Calderon biut if it transpired that, as has been suggested by one poster, TB is wealthy enough to be able to write off Man Utd 's debt if he wished and then decided to throw the cash about how would we feel if we gazumped every team with wages. That would probably be seen as being ok because he can afford it.

Football fans in hypocrisy shocker :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here