Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon leaving to go to Southampton [merged]

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Well their's every last bit of respect I ever had for him gone in an instant. Seem's like Gus is pretty f***ed off too. Calderon, I hope your ready for a pretty hostile reception if you play at Withdean for Saints next season. Twat :rant:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Calderon - f***ing massive money grabbing TWAT.

Painter - model pro :bowdown:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Since when has football been just like any other business?

It isn't.

From the comments Poyet made Calderon had agreed terms with us but had his head turned by a potentially bigger offer. If we hadn't offered him enough in the first place that'd be another story but he WAS happy to take our money and then decided if he could get more elsewhere he would FORGET the faith shown in him by our club and f*** off unceremoniously in order that he can afford one more Ivory backscratcher next year

This!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Lets face it at Southampton he will-

-Get paid more
-Play at a much better stadium
-Get promoted

Let's face it, you're a prick, now f*** off and die.

We will f*** Pardew over again and again, no matter how many managerial tips he needs from his nemesis.... Brighton And Hove Albion.

Your imbecilic turd of a manager is felch-ridden pond life.

Buy your way to The Cgampionship for all we care, you had to cheat the honest local businessmen out of their hard-earned, then got lucky with a grotesquely rich benefactor with no real understanding of your club or English football.

How amazingly impressive your promotion will be and God help you if you manage to still f*** it up.

If you consider this and other responses hostile, you ain't seen nothing yet you worthless Scummer! Now f*** off you insensitive, gloating wank stain on the butt of humanity's arse.......no offense! ;)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
To put this in perspective 15 grand a week over 2 years is about 1.5 million and he'll take home over a million of that after tax. I would imagine inigo was probably getting paid 20/30k a year in the Spanish 3rd division so this must be like winning the lottery for him. I can understand it but I'll still boo the twat though, that's football!!! :thumbsup:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's not the end of world people! So he didn't sign, he's just looking after himself financially, nothing wrong with that. Loyalty doesn't secure your financial future now does it!

Yes it's disappointing but let's move on shall we?

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
It's not the end of world people! So he didn't sign, he's just looking after himself financially, nothing wrong with that. Loyalty doesn't secure your financial future now does it!

is the right answer, disappointed hes not signed but its not the end of the world.....still got 3 months to build for next season, plenty more comings and goings yet !!!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
f*** Calderon.
I'd much rather have this bloke.
Much more FLAIR and LOYALTY

Attachments

• Inigo Hiney.jpg
    Inigo Hiney.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 257

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...

You are absolutely right, but then my evil side takes over and feels like breaking the mutha's legs for doing that to us.

He had the possibility right here of being financially secure for the rest of life.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why Inigo, why did you have to do this?

I actually HATE alan pardew more than anyone else in football.

I don't understand let's blame pardew thing Inigo was the man that has made the choice he deserves the most booing of all time when back at the Withdean next year and maybe Tommy could just take the c***s head off with a high tackle.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If the 15k a week figure is correct that is a shocking amount for a right back at this level!! Its very comforting having a chairman and manager who are strong enough to keep contracts at a sustainable level and I am 100% confident Gus will source a suitable replacement.

Well, to be honest, I'm gutted that he won't be here next season, however, it just goes to show that there is no loyalty these days. He did a job for us and maybe we should just see it as that "He did a job". I personally don't see Southampton walking the division next season. I think if Gus can find someone like Caldi once he can do it again!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Chill out. He was a breath of fresh air,in a struggling side. Southampton are not a struggling side, and neither are we anymore. He'll just bcome another player of them next season, and this time next year, he will probably have slipped off the rador and be on his way back to Spain's fifth tier.

He was great for us, but to me he was just a flash in the pan.

As Johnny Byrne said, he just a right back!

And I say, we haven't exactly started shipping goals without him.

Don't worry about it, we'll have the last laugh, and this time next year, I doubt if he'll even be in England.

Would would be funny though, is if Pardew got the bullet, and he ends up with without a contract!!:cool:

I'm with Mr B on this one :thumbsup:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I hope he fades in the Harding way. He would have had a great future here, I would be delighted if it goes wrong at St Marys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here