Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
John Boy said:
Great point, Mr Mac.

I have travelled LAND and SEA to watch Sussex. These Lord bandwagon jumpers make me SICK to the very CORE

Might just jump on that bandwagon and go to this one !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
there are already two sets of tickets on ebay going for above face value (I assume from MCC members who alrady have theirs)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
just got back from the cricket ground. This is what is happening.

About 3,000 tickets are available from MCC to anyone now. However, the arrangements for 'which club is having which stand' has still not been finalised by Lord's. Details should be available tomorrow/Thursday. They have been VERY snowed under with Twenty20 stuff and the Elton John gig.

Every county has some tickets allocated to them for the final. Some decide to sell, most just hand the tickets back to the ECB - this is generally what Sussex do - and would expect most others to do so this year. Once it has been ascertained which club has which stand(s), then the tickets go on sale.

They may well do it whereby members got access to tickets one week before they went on general sale. I pointed out to them, however, that this can lead to a problem of members not being able to sit with their friends who are non-members. I am a Sussex CCC member, but if it means not sitting with my pals, then I will wait until they go on general sale.

I suggested that, because there are easily PLENTY of tickets to go round, why don't they do what Brighton & Hove Albion did when we go to the Play-Off Final, and put them on general sale for everyone all at once? Bristol City did the STH-before-non-STHs method, and it led to much resentment. The only downside for it maight be that is upsets Sir Bufton Twattingham-Tufton, and his good wife Lady Fanny. But I think Sussex CCC could cope.

Anyway, the point is, whatever way they decide to do it, if you want a ticket, there really ought not be a problem getting one.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
just got back from the cricket ground. This is what is happening.

About 3,000 tickets are available from MCC to anyone now. However, the arrangements for 'which club is having which stand' has still not been finalised by Lord's. Details should be available tomorrow/Thursday. They have been VERY snowed under with Twenty20 stuff and the Elton John gig.

Every county has some tickets allocated to them for the final. Some decide to sell, most just hand the tickets back to the ECB - this is generally what Sussex do - and would expect most others to do so this year. Once it has been ascertained which club has which stand(s), then the tickets go on sale.

They may well do it whereby members got access to tickets one week before they went on general sale. I pointed out to them, however, that this can lead to a problem of members not being able to sit with their friends who are non-members. I am a Sussex CCC member, but if it means not sitting with my pals, then I will wait until they go on general sale.

I suggested that, because there are easily PLENTY of tickets to go round, why don't they do what Brighton & Hove Albion did when we go to the Play-Off Final, and put them on general sale for everyone all at once? Bristol City did the STH-before-non-STHs method, and it led to much resentment. The only downside for it maight be that is upsets Sir Bufton Twattingham-Tufton, and his good wife Lady Fanny. But I think Sussex CCC could cope.

Anyway, the point is, whatever way they decide to do it, if you want a ticket, there really ought not be a problem getting one.

As long as they make sure EVERY member who wants a ticket gets one innit.

:)

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I don't think there will be a problem getting tickets. One reason is that they are playing it on a Saturday (always used to be a Sunday) when I'd wager that quite a few Sussex fan (and I'd wager a good propportion of the members) are actually playing cricket.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
I don't think there will be a problem getting tickets. One reason is that they are playing it on a Saturday (always used to be a Sunday) when I'd wager that quite a few Sussex fan (and I'd wager a good propportion of the members) are actually playing cricket.
Final was always on a Saturday. As far back as I can remember, and the first one I remember was 1978 when Sussex beat Somerset. Woo-hoo!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
even though I dont give a toss about sussex or lancashire for that matter, I may go just for the day out and be a glory hunter

:p :p :p :p :p

There again, I may be on holiday:angel: :angel: :angel:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:
and the first one I remember was 1978 when Sussex beat Somerset. Woo-hoo!

I was there.......lots of old faded pikkies of me and my mates infront of the Bar...pissed...

Oh yes, and everytime Denning walked passed we all went " quack quack quack" ( he got a duck naturally) and he gave us the wanker sign....highly amusing

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Dies Irae said:
I was there.......lots of old faded pikkies of me and my mates infront of the Bar...pissed...

Oh yes, and everytime Denning walked passed we all went " quack quack quack" ( he got a duck naturally) and he gave us the wanker sign....highly amusing

I was there with Attila. I remember he got into a fight with a Somerset bloke over nothing in particular - we had been drinking since 7.00 that morning.

And yes, it's been Saturday since the first one I remember (1966).

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Just got 4 tickets through Lords for the game. Grand Stand 2nd row from the front. Gonna be fantastic. Great for an exciled Sussex fan living in Surrey.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
SurreySeagulls said:
Just got 4 tickets through Lords for the game. Grand Stand 2nd row from the front. Gonna be fantastic. Great for an exciled Sussex fan living in Surrey.

How did you get grandstand tickets their web site suggests they are only selling Mound Stand at the moment

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here