Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

But what is classed as a bigot?

No it doesn't make you a tory mate. Two years is a long time to be on benefits and do nothing about it. My friend is this: been on it for possibly 3 years, is 29 with his own nice coucil flat and has done little in my eyes in ways of getting trained up in something and into work. This does piss me off a little, when i'm out working and at uni to pay for my privately rented flat. I don't agree with community work (that's for the criminals), the gov't, job centre etc should provide courses, opportunities for training so they can get jobs for at least £7p/h (maybe possibly raise minimum wage to £7ph). I don't agree with the tories if you turn down 2 or 3 jobs then you're benefits are stopped, especially if the hourly wage is £5.70 and is a job you can't stand. Give people the choice first to do courses, work placements, etc etc in jobs they're going to excel in. If you give people these options then they have really not got a leg to stand on by turning it down and i'm sure plenty on the dole would take advantage of this. But if after plenty of opportunites and every incentive to get some people of dole and they still refuse, then clearly different action would have to be taken.

Your mate is someone, who if I was in power would now be doing community work for their benefit money. When I mean community work I mean working on the dustbins, road sweeping, parks and gardens, helping in hospitals, stuff like that.
I agree that people should be given all the opportunity to train in new careers, but if after two years they haven't found work through laziness or just bad luck I think the money the state pays them to live should have a some form of return. Getting them back to work even if it is the lowly stuff I am on about must be better than being on the dole?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
87_20fat_20guy_20in_20a_20little_20beach.jpg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I am grown up ffs. And i also know several able bodied people living on the dole. 1. They don't like living on the dole and scraping by. 2. They say they would be poorer if they went off benefits and into minimum wage jobs and couldn't afford to keep their place. 3. There isn't a massive positive drive from the government to get them into jobs where they could afford to live. 4. The job centres are very unhelpful. 5. Poles tend to share houses with many lowering costs, i.e rent enabling them to afford to work rather then live on dole.

Have you asked the people you know on dole their reasons for not working?

Completely agree with point 5.

Many Polish people I have met share houses with twice the number people in them than the house has bedrooms. Not having a go at them for that, in my eys it shows they are are resourceful but the goverment needs to build more affordable homes for single occupacy, whatever country or situaton they come from.

Not sure I agree with your other points though, whatever someone might say their reason is for not working IMO it boils down to being either bone idle, having no self pride, feeling they are above certain jobs or all three.

Sure, but bring the minimum wage up from £5.80ph, it's just not viable to live on that.

Yes I'd do that too, I'd probably raise it to around six pound an hour.

But what exactly is a bigot? Would have been funny if he'd called her an old bat.

If he'd said that, he might have lost a couple of votes. Only.
But instead he alienates anyone who might lean to Labour because the BNP look too extreme about immigrants, represents the FACT that he's out of touch with the regular opinion-giveR/question-asker/voter, and disrespects someone who is ALREADY a staunch Labour voter simply asking a simple-enough question.
Most people aren't seeing her as extreme, or as a bigot, or as a tiresome person who Brown has ANY cause to not want to talk to!
"Who set me up with that woman, it was a disaster" etc, shows his mindset is not what we want leading the only party supposed to represent her!

Gordon Brown should just go, get the **** out and never put his stupid embarrassing old GOON face inside the Houses of Parliament.
Gordon, JUS' GET Y'SEL TAE FOCK

rbd35025

MoreTeaVicar
May 26, 2009
I am sure Mr Brown will some how come out of this glowing.
Time for change.. again.. and then again

UKIP??????

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I am concerened about television journalism - television is supposed to be neutral.
It could be argued that BBC should not have even transmitted a comment made in private.
One off the cuff comment leads to media storm and further demonisation of Brown. I have seen lots of little subtle things which show bias from the BBC, for example last night on BBC three it had a celeb TV presenter saying that brown was uncomfortable in the debate, this is opinion - there were no comments with an opposing view. Tiny things like this build up.
I believe this comment will now determine the outcome of the election and not policies.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I am concerened about television journalism - television is supposed to be neutral.
It could be argued that BBC should not have even transmitted a comment made in private.
One off the cuff comment leads to media storm and further demonisation of Brown. I have seen lots of little subtle things which show bias from the BBC, for example last night on BBC three it had a celeb TV presenter saying that brown was uncomfortable in the debate, this is opinion - there were no comments with an opposing view. Tiny things like this build up.
I believe this comment will now determine the outcome of the election and not policies.

Flash as I wrote at beginning of this thread, a media stitch up.

James Whale on SKY News this morning interestingly challenged every TV and radio organisation to release every 'off mic' comment they have picked up in the last 5 years from all political sides.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Flash as I wrote at beginning of this thread, a media stitch up.

Fair point. Would they have broadcast if call me Dave or Clegg had made the gaffe?

But broadcast they did,but who made the decision and why? Because someone high ranking went with it instead of hitting erase/delete.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
When the story of Brown's bullying 'broke' his poll rating actually went up. I think this will polarise opinion and will cost some votes but may galvanise some labour voters to get out and vote.

I don't think it was a stitch up and I think that Alan Johnson (particularly) has handled his public comments on it well. One comment I did hear on the BBC news this morning was a member of the public saying that the media glee and convergance on this story was akin to children who filmed playground happy slapping on their mobile.

Also out of interest is that this couldn't happen to David Cameron as his aides 'control' his radio mike when in public - it is conservative property and they 'feed' to the broadcasters.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
James Whale on SKY News this morning interestingly challenged every TV and radio organisation to release every 'off mic' comment they have picked up in the last 5 years from all political sides.

well he would have said that if it hadn't been for Rupert Murdoch playing a trailer for Glee over his comments :lol:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Clearly they pick and choose what they run with.

The BBC allegedly had, and perhaps still have footage, of a Premiership footballer and England International in his teens on a Right Wing march on the Thamesmead estate in South East London.

He or his past and present clubs obviously have friends in the high places......

D

Deleted User X18H

When the story of Brown's bullying 'broke' his poll rating actually went up. I think this will polarise opinion and will cost some votes but may galvanise some labour voters to get out and vote.

I don't think it was a stitch up and I think that Alan Johnson (particularly) has handled his public comments on it well. One comment I did hear on the BBC news this morning was a member of the public saying that the media glee and convergance on this story was akin to children who filmed playground happy slapping on their mobile.

Also out of interest is that this couldn't happen to David Cameron as his aides 'control' his radio mike when in public - it is conservative property and they 'feed' to the broadcasters.

I don't think it is going to encourage a Labour voter to go out and vote on 6th anymore than they were intending to on Tuesday morning. If you are a Labour voter surely you won't miss this one with the likely inevitable return of those awful Tory Toffs. It may however encourage a few floaters/uninteresteds to get out to their polling station next Thursday, just to get rid of a man who is now way past his best politically.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

The BBC allegedly had, and perhaps still have footage, of a Premiership footballer and England International in his teens on a Right Wing march on the Thamesmead estate in South East London.

He or his past and present clubs obviously have friends in the high places......

i dont know what they were worried about its not as is thamesmead has recently suffered a massive social and law and order breakdown due to the mass influx of people from the worlds most lawless country is it. some people are so paranoid!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It would appear that it is anyone who dares to even be concerned about the high numbers of foreigners that are flooding in from former soviet states.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

What is wrong with that? Most kids go through an extreme politics stage. How many remember the marches through Brighton in the 70's that were joined by many Albion fans looking for a fight with the leftie ANL wankers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here