Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

But what is classed as a bigot?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
What is wrong with that? Most kids go through an extreme politics stage. How many remember the marches through Brighton in the 70's that were joined by many Albion fans looking for a fight with the leftie ANL wankers?

dont bother mate. while sussex remains one of the most homogenous countys in britain it will always be the best place to take advice from on multiculturalism and the most massive change in demographics across the country we have ever seen. listen up these kiddies know what they are talking about. the rest of the country has it wrong, everyone gets on fine in southover unicycling for peace. why wont the great unwashed learn?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Brown has to look to his own people as much as at Sky TV. What were they doing letting him get in the car and then open his mouth knowing that the Sky mike was still on him? They must have expected Sky to try something like this ever since Murdoch started supporting CMD.

As for the woman's comments, I can't say that they sounded at all bigoted. In fact, it makes Brown seem really out of touch that he thought they were. I think this could do much more harm to him in the long run.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Brown has to look to his own people as much as at Sky TV. What were they doing letting him get in the car and then open his mouth knowing that the Sky mike was still on him? They must have expected Sky to try something like this ever since Murdoch started supporting CMD.

As for the woman's comments, I can't say that they sounded at all bigoted. In fact, it makes Brown seem really out of touch that he thought they were. I think this could do much more harm to him in the long run.

Unless his own people want him out as well???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Clearly they pick and choose what they run with.

That's hardly news, is it? Been happening for years. The motivation is more to do with selling papers, getting viewers, getting page hits, imo.

This was picked because it was topical, and because it was sensational.

With the range of political leanings of various media outlets, if there was something equally explosive from Cameron or Clegg (who is currently scaring a lot of the labour and tory leaning medias) it would be put out there.

Brown was careless and is paying for it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bigots are intollerent of any views other than their own.

Funnily enough the PC brigade on here are actually ironically being bigots theirselves when any type of risky arguement comes up

considering she was supposed to have been a Labour supporter for many years she obviously has not kept up with whats going on .......I think she mentioned eastern Europeans well a lot of them are now in the European common market and are entitled to come here if they want as we are entitled to go there if we want.
And had it not been for Polish Plumbers London would be awash with dirty water and shitty sewage.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
And had it not been for Polish Plumbers London would be awash with dirty water and shitty sewage.

no it would be awash with people having to pay people they thought were beneath them a wage similar to theirs if not more for their time and labour. funny how it was labour of all people who kept the great british public in their upstairs downstairs comfort zone. orwell had it f***ing bang on.

perhaps the most sickening thing they ever did of all. anyone who defends it or cliams it was a balanced agreement is insane.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm surprised that Gordon Brown made such an elementary mistake with the microphone. But actually, if you'd listened to the seemingly endless stream of consciousness Mrs Bigot delivered, I think I'd have wanted to know which fuckwit sent her my way.
What exactly was wrong with what 'mrs bigot' said ?

1) people are claiming benefits who shouldnt be ?yes, plenty of that going on.
2)how do you intend to tackle the deficit? perfectly reasonavble question
3) and you cant mention immigrants **( you know, the people labour allowed in to work for minimum wage, allowing themselves the luxury of leaving hundreds of thousands on the dole with no intention of working) ** without being labelled a bigot ? aptly demonstrated in browns response.

So, you basically feel able to dismiss her as a bigot yes ? All from the confines of gritty lewes, with its concern over the strain immigration is putting on housing, health and education, with its endess social problems and lack of community cohesion.
I would suggest you have very little understanding of the concerns and worries of people like 'mrs bigot' and you will continue to pontificate and not give a f*** as long as where YOU live remains unaffected.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

3) and you cant mention immigrants **( you know, the people labour allowed in to work for minimum wage, allowing themselves the luxury of leaving hundreds of thousands on the dole with no intention of working) ** without being labelled a bigot ? aptly demonstrated in browns response.

So, you basically feel able to dismiss her as a bigot yes ? All from the confines of gritty lewes, with its concern over the strain immigration is putting on housing, health and education, with its endess social problems and lack of community cohesion.
I would suggest you have very little understanding of the concerns and worries of people like 'mrs bigot' and you will continue to pontificate and not give a f*** as long as where YOU live remains unaffected.

when you live alongside the murderous fault lines of competing bonfire societies, and have to put up with lbreweries destroying your cultural heritage by not selling harveys in a local pub, you understand only to well the pressing issues that the rest of the country is struggling with.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am grown up ffs. And i also know several able bodied people living on the dole. 1. They don't like living on the dole and scraping by. 2. They say they would be poorer if they went off benefits and into minimum wage jobs and couldn't afford to keep their place. 3. There isn't a massive positive drive from the government to get them into jobs where they could afford to live. 4. The job centres are very unhelpful. 5. Poles tend to share houses with many lowering costs, i.e rent enabling them to afford to work rather then live on dole.

Have you asked the people you know on dole their reasons for not working?
If all you say is true, why label the woman a bigot when she showed legitimate concerns about the eastern europeans you say are pricing your friends out of jobs ?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Sorry to have missed this top rant before posting my last comments.

Was there anything fundamentally hang draw and quartering wrong with what Mrs Bigot said? Probably not. Would it have done your ears in given the difficulty of trying to get a word in, let alone continue along one's way? Probably yes.

But as you rightly say, spending so much time in Lewes means I have no idea of the gritty reality that is life for everyone else. I just burn things.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I thought Carole Thatcher was a bigot, after all she made a private off air remark that Adrian Chiles and Jo Brand considered to be offensive.

Not much pity for her even after her public apology as I seem to remember............maybe she should have gone round Tsonga's house?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here