But what is classed as a bigot?

franks brother

She went on: "All these Eastern Europeans, where are they coming from?"

My guess, would be Eastern Europe.

It is only a guess though admittedly.

I think the main problem is that people don't understand what a bigot is

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"Typical punish the poor tory attitude, never come up with worthwhile solutions. "
Quoted by Derby Gull

Is the correct answer.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
be honest chaps, everything that 66 year old woman said (not what she was, or looked like, or where she's from, but what she actually said) you would be proud to call her your Mum. Backbone of britain type lady, fair play to her.

She played a blinder, without ever knowing what was actually happening or the scale of it.

And she finally nailed the fat scottish twat in a way no-one else has been able to.

I wish she were my Mum.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
oh grow up for fucks sake, i can name 20 people (literally) without trying , who are able bodied, able to work yet spend their life existing on benefits, whilst we import poles and romanians to do the 'jobs brits wont do'.

I am grown up ffs. And i also know several able bodied people living on the dole. 1. They don't like living on the dole and scraping by. 2. They say they would be poorer if they went off benefits and into minimum wage jobs and couldn't afford to keep their place. 3. There isn't a massive positive drive from the government to get them into jobs where they could afford to live. 4. The job centres are very unhelpful. 5. Poles tend to share houses with many lowering costs, i.e rent enabling them to afford to work rather then live on dole.

Have you asked the people you know on dole their reasons for not working?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I'm a Labour supporter and always have been.My head was in my hands when I saw this on the telly.What a charmless dolt the man is.If,IF,Labour lose,how long until this fool of a politician is sent home to dwell under the Scots Nats ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just seen the 4 min clip in telly news, she's just a moaning old bigot.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have a friend who has been unemployed since late last year, she is trying her level best to find work but it isn't easy as she lives in an area where there is little available in her profession.

A couple of weeks ago she took four days temporary work and had to sign off the dole in accepting that employment. As a result she earnt some money but her benefits stopped. There was a period of time when she was waiting to be paid for her work and benefits to re-start, during that time she had no income whatsoever. To me that is a crazy situation and hardly encourages her to look for work, even on a temporary basis.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
"but all these eastern Europeans coming in, where are they flocking from?"

I do think language like that doesn't help her cause.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
be honest chaps, everything that 66 year old woman said (not what she was, or looked like, or where she's from, but what she actually said) you would be proud to call her your Mum. Backbone of britain type lady, fair play to her.

She played a blinder, without ever knowing what was actually happening or the scale of it.

And she finally nailed the fat scottish twat in a way no-one else has been able to.

I wish she were my Mum.

I'm being honest. You're a twit.

Typical punish the poor tory attitude, never come up with worthwhile solutions.

I am left wing mate and believe that if after two years an able bodied person is still on benefits and can't find a job they should do community work, and get paid for it, does that make me Tory?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I'm surprised that Gordon Brown made such an elementary mistake with the microphone. But actually, if you'd listened to the seemingly endless stream of consciousness Mrs Bigot delivered, I think I'd have wanted to know which fuckwit sent her my way.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
oh grow up for fucks sake, i can name 20 people (literally) without trying , who are able bodied, able to work yet spend their life existing on benefits, whilst we import poles and romanians to do the 'jobs brits wont do'.

"Here lies the rub "........A big issue !

Don't get me wrong this is yet another media stitch up on Gordon Brown but in this day and age what is a bigoted view?

Personally I think immigration needs tighter controls in this country.

And I think all the chav/benefit culture should have their handouts stopped and be made to actually do some kind of community work before any giros are dished out.

Does that make me a bigot?
No,it makes You a taxpayer.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I am left wing mate and believe that if after two years an able bodied person is still on benefits and can't find a job they should do community work, and get paid for it, does that make me Tory?

No it doesn't make you a tory mate. Two years is a long time to be on benefits and do nothing about it. My friend is this: been on it for possibly 3 years, is 29 with his own nice coucil flat and has done little in my eyes in ways of getting trained up in something and into work. This does piss me off a little, when i'm out working and at uni to pay for my privately rented flat. I don't agree with community work (that's for the criminals), the gov't, job centre etc should provide courses, opportunities for training so they can get jobs for at least £7p/h (maybe possibly raise minimum wage to £7ph). I don't agree with the tories if you turn down 2 or 3 jobs then you're benefits are stopped, especially if the hourly wage is £5.70 and is a job you can't stand. Give people the choice first to do courses, work placements, etc etc in jobs they're going to excel in. If you give people these options then they have really not got a leg to stand on by turning it down and i'm sure plenty on the dole would take advantage of this. But if after plenty of opportunites and every incentive to get some people of dole and they still refuse, then clearly different action would have to be taken.

Last edited:

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Don't get me wrong this is yet another media stitch up on Gordon Brown but in this day and age what is a bigoted view?

How is it a stich up? He asked to be miked up by Sky. He was trying to react to criticism that he only talks to members of the public who agree with his views. He wanted Sky to capture him dealing with someone who didn't agree with his views. He then sped off with the mike still attached when it all went wrong.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Ian, I think making those without jobs work for their benefits is fine in principle. But what happens if there are no jobs? (difficult to grasp in Brighton but when you go to places like Harwich and up North there is so much less). What to you do when children are involved - do we take them into care if their parents are workshy? (costs even more to do that?) or let them be evicted and sleep in the streets?

Its complicated. I can't see the cheap hotels we stay in for away games existing without immigrants.

Not voting labour personally, but the barage of questions from the Rochdale woman made her sound like a bigot ("what about all these Eastern europeans" - no mention of all these aussies working in Walkabout West street).

Nothing as simple as it seems - too easy to blame workshy, poor and outsiders!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here