Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bumped Into Liam Bridcutt about an hour and half ago at the Amex (Gent)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Junior McDougald & Nicky Rust used to be very chatty in Sainsburys

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I used to play keepy upys with Darragh Ryan when I was at 6th form...I think he scored once for us?
Bumped in to Bobby Z in Robert Dyas in HH once.
Drunkenly sang Michelle Kuipers F.D.M outside his house when i was very young and he lived in Haywards Heath...think the curtains twitched...! I think I left a note on his car :cheers:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
John Piercy (2004 playoff etc).... Sat next to me last Saturday, he was great, very chatty, told me that El Abd was an animal in training too, and they didn't get on, plus he said Leon Knight was a reasonable bloke despite all the publicity.

However, it soon became evident that he was using the WSU ticket to support his beloved Arsenal.
An ex Tottenham Hotspur reserve captain as well as an Arsenal fan !

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
A few times with my eskimo brother Steve Cook. Oh and I got there first before you ask :eek: and no she didn't leave me for him and yes she was a bit of a sl*t.

This is in no way linked to any court case btw!

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Met Charlie 3 times so far in stadium club shop, joker and brilliant broke each time.. first time was around august time last year when I got my shirt name and number printed with Vicente. Other two times in past 2 months.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
John Piercy (2004 playoff etc).... Sat next to me last Saturday, he was great, very chatty, told me that El Abd was an animal in training too, and they didn't get on, plus he said Leon Knight was a reasonable bloke despite all the publicity.

However, it soon became evident that he was using the WSU ticket to support his beloved Arsenal.

Really, I presume he sat in my seat!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Ian Chapmman, John Byrne & Paul McCarthy always stood out for me. I used to see them in various pubs/clubs all the time back in the day and they were always brillaint blokes.

Also remember seeing Nicky Rust drop a bottle in The Paradox, I tried to hold back my smile but couldn't, he saw me and laughed

Jeff Minton on the other hand was a cock

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
I saw CMS in Las Iguanas the other week. I was listening to my girlfriend talking about something when i saw the blonde scottish beauty walk towards me just turned to him and basically shouted his name at him in my drunken state. He was really nice, i asked for picture as signature might have taken too long. Told him he scored the goal of the year and then asked him if he was going to Norwich to which he said he didn't know of anything going on. Top guy and it made my night.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sitting at Dicks bar enjoying a Diet pepsi when I see like this land rover type vehicle pull up at the Amex. Saw who got out and I thought to myself "Thats Liam Bricutt" So I finish my Pepsi and head down to the shop to collect my shirt which had just been printed. Walked out and there was Bridders coming out of the Amex. I waved not being rude and we talked. Was weird because the convo was like bewteen old mates who havent seen each other In ages. What a gent. Even talked for about 5 minutes In the cold wind and rain. Hats off to you Bridders. :thumbsup:

Now my question to you Is. Have you ever met any of the players or staff and had a good chin wag?

P.S There are no pics. No way I was going to ask In this weather :facepalm:

My mum said the same thing when I saw her In town.

You're Kev the Ape reincarnated aren't you

MACCAPACCA

Feb 18, 2009
Worthing
Played golf with Gary Hart and Kerry Mayo at East Brighton a few years ago. Harty was out injured at the time, but still horse whipped his putter around the green when he sunk a long putt.

ESU Seagull

Dec 5, 2012
If your meaning ashley barnes, he's actually quite a nice lad. You can tell he's quite nervous around people but he really is a nice lad. He's my little sisters favourite player and he came accross as a great guy when he had a chat with her

Would second that, me and my husband bumped into him after a match recently and he was really friendly and happy to chat.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I've spoken to Gary Hart a few times as he trains kids at the school I work in. I ate a Christmas dinner caparisoned in full Santa Claus garb whilst sat by Gary recently. Funny how in all the years watching Hart, I never quite imagined that experience.

Saw Gary Hart in my college's reception last year. The first time I've been stars truck as he was my childhood hero. I just gave him a wave and he came over and chatted for about 5 minutes before resuming his business at the desk. Proper nice bloke and seemed genuinely interested in my studies. Had to stop myself from breaking into "Oh Gary Hart" in the quiet reception area!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The only time I met a BHA player was April 1972 (that might partly because I live in Bristol now...), when Willie Irvine, his missus and his little one strolled over to the roundabout I was looking after near King Alfred and paid for a ride (little one thiat is, it wasn't quite big enough for him and her). I was starstruck because it was the day after he had scored the best goal I have ever seen by Albion - the one that came third in goal of the season, the first in the 2-1 win against Villa. I could hardly think straight - what do you say. Here I am with a captive audience (the kid got about 15 minutes on the ride and was green at the end). I think I mumbled "nice goal yesterday" or something equally crap. You would be texting the world these days, but then had to wait till got home to tell everyone.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Gary Hart coaches my boy on a Tuesday and he's always got time for a chat, also bumped into kuipers at the Amex last year, chatted to my boy for about 15 mins and took some pics :)

Yep I met FDM after his testimonial with mum son and he was superb, chatted for ages and then waited for me to sort a camera out so I could take a picture of him with my son. I'll add the picci later.

Nov 10, 2011

I once spilt a whole pint over John Piercy's ex-wife on her birthday in a Mexican restaurant in Eastbourne.

Nov 10, 2011
Also, we lived next door to Paul Watson in my first house. Unfortunately, we moved out of our first house when I was 2, so I remember none of it, although my Mum says she remembers him kicking a ball against the garden wall a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here