Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bumped Into Liam Bridcutt about an hour and half ago at the Amex (Gent)

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Got yo the ground early so my son could get some autograph's. All the players were really polite and hats off to CMS, he came over to sign my sons shirt as he was already getting a signature off GG

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I met Andy Ritchie as he parked his car when he arrived for his first game for us at The Goldstone. He looked a bit lost but welcomed him and wished him all the best. He was very polite and didn't have any airs or graces considering he'd just signed from Man U.

I always thought he and Michael Robinson were a pretty good partnership. Ritchie had a tremendous shot, probably only Jimmy Case's was harder.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Sitting at Dicks bar enjoying a Diet pepsi when I see like this land rover type vehicle pull up at the Amex. Saw who got out and I thought to myself "Thats Liam Bricutt" So I finish my Pepsi and head down to the shop to collect my shirt which had just been printed. Walked out and there was Bridders coming out of the Amex. I waved not being rude and we talked. Was weird because the convo was like bewteen old mates who havent seen each other In ages. What a gent. Even talked for about 5 minutes In the cold wind and rain. Hats off to you Bridders. :thumbsup:

Now my question to you Is. Have you ever met any of the players or staff and had a good chin wag?

P.S There are no pics. No way I was going to ask In this weather :facepalm:[/QUOTE

Bridcutt is an absolute legend.

AlbionRob

Dec 25, 2011
I had a quick chat with FDM outside Sainsbury's in Haywards Heath this lunchtime. Absolutely lovely bloke and see him around town quite a bit, said that he has a few clubs lined up following his departure from Crawley.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I had a quick chat with FDM outside Sainsbury's in Haywards Heath this lunchtime. Absolutely lovely bloke and see him around town quite a bit, said that he has a few clubs lined up following his departure from Crawley.
7 iron, 5 iron, putter.....etc?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Had a good chat with Alan Mullery, spent half an hour talking through the glory years.

Spent 10 mins talking to Nooney at the Fat Boy Slim gig, posed for pictures, lovely chap.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
John Piercy (2004 playoff etc).... Sat next to me last Saturday, he was great, very chatty, told me that El Abd was an animal in training too, and they didn't get on, plus he said Leon Knight was a reasonable bloke despite all the publicity.

However, it soon became evident that he was using the WSU ticket to support his beloved Arsenal.

Last edited:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Met CMS along the sea front after Pompey away last season and had a good chat for about 10-15 minutes about the game, fixtures we had coming up etc. Really really nice bloke.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seen Calde quite a few times down the Marina, used to take Baz and Batti there a lot, with Brez sometimes too. Calde always has time for a quick chat/photo. Seen both Tommy Elphick and Gary Dicker coming out of the Asda down there as well.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
It makes you wonder how frustrating it must be for premier league footballers and a-list celebs doing their daily chores.

Middle age men harassing them in the streets!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Had a chat with a few, but earlier this season had a quick chat with Nooney and wished him well. He jumped back in his car then drove off to Cardiff to sign for them!!

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Only development squad i know but i used to be at Wolves with Dan East. Great lad, loves his music and a very good singer!

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I met Michel Kuipers at Burgess Hill for a friendly over at Leylands Road. Such a nice guy, I was only like 15 and he was dishing out the banter, saying it was great seeing so many people here. Even went on about stuff at the Albion at the time. Such a nice bloke always loved the guy!

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
I was in the players lounge on saturday! I spoke to Leo Ulloa and all the spanish lads who were genuinely nice guys. Before you ask, I do speak spanish;)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Ashley Barnes was sitting next to us at a restaurant recently...really nice guy and gladly posed for a photo with my lad whilst my missus cooed over his baby.
CMS was also very friendly when stopped in Churchill Sq.
Met loads of players in the 90's... Jeff Minton was shy, Phil Andrews & Simon Fox were total pricks.
Darragh Ryan was dead friendly.
Clive Walker was flash...

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Only players I have ever spoken to are John Keeley and Bruno. Begged Keeley to stay with us when there was talk he was going to Oldham, he should have listened! And spoke to Bruno when they were doing signings for the kids a few months ago, top top guy, had photos with the kids outside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here