Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley Signs new 4 year contract.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The rumour going around the ground that he was off really pissed me off last week, silly me. Great player. Him and Vicente will hopefully regain their understanding GOAL GOAL GOAL

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Heads we win - he's signed a long term contract and has committed to the Albion
Tails we win - we've increased his value and if he leaves it will cost a lot more to get him
Good work from the club.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I can't see anything but good in this. Of course players have a vast self-interest and ambitious sensibilities that drive them forward and sometimes away, but i'm not one who'll sit and think of those whilst they're wearing the stripes. I see it as a sign of commitment and a wish to stay a little longer as i see no benefit in taking anything negative from it all. Like he says, i can't wait for him to get out there again.
In other words: BEAUTY!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Only looking at this news in a positive way so in a word, fanfuckingtastic!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Brilliant news although Bennett and Noone did the same and still went for peanuts.lets hope we learnt from that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If he was on his way this window I suggest he wouldn't have signed a new contract as the buying club would have had to pay considerably less giving them the ability to pay a bigger signing on fee. The lower the purchase price the higher the signing on fee made available imo. The longer contract would also make purchase more expensive and therefore would make it less likely that he is on his way this window.

Guessing here, I have no real knowledge of how it all works.

I have no real knowledge either and I had no thoughts of him going in the January window. Maybe I was just playing devils advocate. I do remember thinking though that don't their agents negotiate like a percentage of the transfer fee? That's where I got the higher signing on fee idea from.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here