Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley Signs new 4 year contract.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The difference between a player heading towards the end of his contract and one that has a long term contract in place is that the club can decide whether or not they are prepared to let him leave. Noone left because it suited player AND club.

At this point in time WB wants to stay at the club and the club want him to do so. That is fantastic news. If things change in the future the club not the player is in control of the situation. That is also good news. It is also the best one can hope for in today's football world.

So well done BHA!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Cynical me assumes that in return for WB agreeing a long contract the club have agreed to let the player talk to other clubs. So if he does go - now or in the Summer - we'll get a bigger fee. The benefit to the player is that we won't block a move because we know the offer will be more substantial than it otherwise would have been.

Non-cynical me hopes it's because we want to lock in a great player with huge potential and is ignoring the fact that he hasn't been on the bench for a few games.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cynical me assumes that in return for WB agreeing a long contract the club have agreed to let the player talk to other clubs. So if he does go - now or in the Summer - we'll get a bigger fee. The benefit to the player is that we won't block a move because we know the offer will be more substantial than it otherwise would have been.

Non-cynical me hopes it's because we want to lock in a great player with huge potential and is ignoring the fact that he hasn't been on the bench for a few games.

Would make Buckleys comments look very silly though, no ?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
This is excellent news. Combined with Gus' comments that no approaches for key players have been made (yet), and Will's own comments, it really does sound like he plans to be here for the future. Of course someone could come in with a silly money offer which may change the picture, but that looks less likely now.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
5 goals and 8 assists since he moved to Cardiff might suggest otherwise.

Word from my Cardiff mate is that Bellamy is working his magic with Noone. Bellamy has been on fire since his relationship troubles and is throwing himself into his footie. Cardiff's system also suits Noone much better than ours. Pleased for the fella.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Looks like the info I got was spot on then - couldn't post for obvious reasons but I knew well before this was posted from a "sauce" who didn't disappoint, must of told someone else who leaked it.

But it's great news, hopefully there is a selling clause in there which stops him being sold on the cheap too !!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Looks like the info I got was spot on then - couldn't post for obvious reasons but I knew well before this was posted from a "sauce" who didn't disappoint, must of told someone else who leaked it.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here