Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley Signs new 4 year contract.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Chuffed to bits with this. People can moan about who we sign or who we should sell but keeping players like him and bridcutt is the true test of how good we can become.

We have always had to sell on the cheap for the most part and it would be brilliant to see someone like Buckley be around for 5-10 years if possible.

Good start to January

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Very good news. But in reality it's not going to deter any serious bidders. Elliott Bennett signed a long contract but he was gone a few months later. Still at least it should increase the fee we get for him if any Premiership clubs bid.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very good news. But in reality it's not going to deter any serious bidders. Elliott Bennett signed a long contact but he was gone a few months later. Still at least it should increase the fee we get for him if any Premiership clubs bid.

Exactly, plus as others have stated Noone signed a new deal last season as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good news and although it's no guarantee someone won't come in for him I'd suggest it means that he is in no hurry to leave. If he was unsettled or had been tapped up he wouldn't have signed a new contract thus bumping up the price to any potential buyers.

Now let's get Liam signed up for a long time too

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have caught a palace fan on my twitter fishing rod by pointing out not only is Buckley better than zaha but this proves he is more committed too.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good news and although it's no guarantee someone won't come in for him I'd suggest it means that he is in no hurry to leave. If he was unsettled or had been tapped up he wouldn't have signed a new contract thus bumping up the price to any potential buyers.

Now let's get Liam signed up for a long time too

The higher the bid, the bigger his signing on fee I would imagine, his agent ain't silly.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Blimey but there are some cup half empty folk on here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bridcutt and Barnes next please

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The higher the bid, the bigger his signing on fee I would imagine, his agent ain't silly.

If he was on his way this window I suggest he wouldn't have signed a new contract as the buying club would have had to pay considerably less giving them the ability to pay a bigger signing on fee. The lower the purchase price the higher the signing on fee made available imo. The longer contract would also make purchase more expensive and therefore would make it less likely that he is on his way this window.

Guessing here, I have no real knowledge of how it all works.

I agree that a new contract doesn't necessarily mean Buckley will definitely not leave but I don't go along with the idea that it is a ploy by the club to push up the transfer fee if he was to go.

If Buckley wasn't happy here and if he or his agent thought he could get a better deal somewhere else then he wouldn't have signed the new contract.

So whichever way I look at this I can't see it as anything other than good news. Sorry.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I agree that a new contract doesn't necessarily mean Buckley will definitely not leave but I don't go along with the idea that it is a ploy by the club to push up the transfer fee if he was to go.

If Buckley wasn't happy here and if he or his agent thought he could get a better deal somewhere else then he wouldn't have signed the new contract.

So whichever way I look at this I can't see it as anything other than good news. Sorry.

:lolol: so NSC, having to apologise for being positive

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Great news, just need the Argentinian to sign now, keep other key players and play offs should be a real possibility.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Blimey but there are some cup half empty folk on here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bridcutt and Barnes next please

100% agree. Its about protecting your assets as a club. Sure he might go, but it'll cost a pretty penny and deter buyers too. Bridcutt is vital too and anyone who is attracting interest should be tied down ASAP to make sure that if they do go, its for a substantial fee.

Next its about keeping the other players... El-Abd and Barnes are both vital members of our squad and if they are allowed to leave for free at the end of the season it would be a travesty. Both would walk into most teams in this league.

As for Buckley, I am absolutely DELIGHTED! He's a quality player and it shows commitment from the player to the club, but also commitment from the club to ensuring we continue to to our best to keep our best players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here